Producer's Letter - March 2024

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MiguelDaybreak, Mar 25, 2024.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you look carefully he's posted twice in this thread.
    • Like x 3
  2. Some rando Active Player

Although I am excited about the return of Brainiac, the one thing that I am truly happy about and what I find to be most important is that you (and your son) are actually playing and experiencing the game with us. Don't race through the levels and content. Enjoy them and play at your own pace!

I stopped playing in January, but news like this gives me motivation and incentive to start playing again. Going to wait until the episode drops though, reason being that I do not see the point of playing the same alert/raid to progress. Hate the idea of episode specific currency, forcing me to play only episode content to be able to up my combat rating. Sometimes I just want to play Sunstone Matrix without feeling like it is pointless to do.

Welcome to the forums, Kendricke! We are very happy to hear from you!
    • Like x 1
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I figured it was something like this. Better late and correct than earlier and whoops.
  4. Tarn Level 30

Nice news, but well, news arent new content, so for now ill hold myself from renewing subscription and puting any money into game untill i see something else beside news.
    • Like x 1
  5. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

This! So much This!. I 1000 % agree! We pc players have been neglected for SO many years now it's getting tiresome and ridicolus.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I hadn't read the whole thread at that point. I see that now.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Can we just address that the Fortress of Solitaire base is the ultimate carrot dangled in our faces? I’ve been telling people for forever after Wayne Manor came out they should do a FoS one. I don’t care about Booster Bundles but this is a good thing for Marketplace purchases. This so conflicting with the Dimensional Ink love hate relationship here. Once you think you’re out they pull you back in. :( I’m guessing a WW Themmysceria base is next. :D
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Under this new regime, is the discussion of making new powers re opened or is the juice still not worth the squeeze?
    • Like x 1
  9. Kendricke Lead Producer, DCUO

First thing my son did yesterday when he got home from school was play his character on our PS5. Later, I logged in to my PC and we grouped up (I support tank and he likes to just throw damage around).

For those curious, we actually play on PC, PS4, PS5, and Switch (will be picking up a Series X soon to play there, too).
    • Like x 13
  10. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Cross progression in the future maybe? :D
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For me this is actually even better news than all the upcoming announcements. The fact that it 'feels' like none of the devs have a users view of the game is one of the things that makes you all feel like you might be out of touch....Not you, you just got here....but devs in general.

Now...maybe most or all of them do run some content now and again...or play in stealth mode on alts...but I know back in the day it seemed like the whole dev team enjoyed playing the game, especially PvP back when it was good. It put everyone in the same boat when things weren't working correctly.
    • Like x 3
  12. Apokoliptian New Player

*snip*

That's awesome, Kendricke! DCUO remains a unique product in what is now a bit of a niche space (live service superhero MMO playable on PC and multiple consoles). Its combat system, open worlds, and placement in the DCU all serve to distinguish it from the competition. Please know you have my (and, to a large extent, I'm sure, *our*) support as you dive in to explore what makes DCUO special and to further enhance the game through your and your team's work. I sincerely wish you the best of luck as you roll out new content.

As a HL devotee, I have to ask: Any chance we can get a sneak peek at John Stewart's abilities? I'm super stoked at the thought of having an ally that will boost HL similarly to how Static boosts Electricity (if that's even what the team has planned -- I hope it is!).
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I have a serious question for you as the game moves forward do you guys plan on putting a gameguard in place for the PC server. You do realize that speed hackers are lowering the PSN population just like it did on the PC side. If you do not know the best game guard out there to choose I have one for you it's called nProtect GameGuard. I play in MMO online on the PC side that uses this game guard and there are no hackers that go through. the game does not go down every day like you guys do it would be near impossible to break through because the code gets changed every day unlike those MMOs. I really hope that you decide to go through with a game guard this year so we can get the game back on track get people interested in PvP again and people interested in PVE without the game being completely for Speed hackers it is truly a speedhackers dream MMO
  14. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Well we are on the topic of serious questions is there a relaunch in the works for DC Universe. Like a 2.0 gear and skill point relaunch to refresh the game back to the way it was in the beginning when it was popular. It would be nice to see all old feets updated with a 2.0 under them and a new gear system and a second skill point tree to introduce a stats matter relaunch. At this point a new episode will not stay active very long the game is not in need of new episodes it needs a relaunch 2.0. The clamp means no progression no progression means less active player base shortly after a new episode or any content. Just a heads up if you plan to catch eg7's attention
  15. RTX Well-Known Player

First of all, on which server you´re playing? From my experience the amount of speedhackers is way less as it used to be, i rarely see someone doing it. And if so, there would be a section in the forum to report them (I´m not doing that, since it doesn´t matter to me)

Also, a Anti-Cheat is pretty much waste of money, since there are always people able to bypass it, as big game titles in the industry show.
    The better solution preventing most people from doing it, would be updating/changing addresses with small daily updates, that way their hacks "break" and atleast 95% of those speedhackers would have to wait for the hack creator to update it, since those people doesn´t know how to themself, updating daily would probably stop every hack creator from sharing...it simply wouldn´t make sense for them.

If you got a PC and hop on the Test-Server you have plenty of options to test, for example how much an Augment, Mods, Artifact etc. increases your output. And you could find out the difference skillpoints make, i´ve done those tests and can tell you that "Skillpoints" are one of the biggest factors for output. Therefore the people saying "Make skillpoints matter again" are wrong or even wanna just have more impact for their own benefits. In my perspective they already boost to much, if we compare 0 skillpoints set into Prec for example vs 370. That´s about 60-70k/s more damage, while all 3x Artifacts are around 90-100k/s more damage (Trans,Strat, Venom). And for other roles its pretty much the same.

The clamp itself is also better for people which much skillpoints (10% boost in each tree). And the progression of clamp is far quicker as it used to be, specificly since you´re not loot locked and will get source marks for every run, with which you can buy the next gear. So also here its the opposite of what you´re saying. Just take a look at Tempus in HOL, the gear steps are way to high, making in fact progression to fast.

Edit: It turns out, you see it as "slow-progression" i see it as "fast-progression", maybe it means that it´s at the right spot.
  16. VasquezR Active Player

I'm late, but I'm happy with the communication and happy to see that the game will continue and to see that the episodes will be closer to each other, I wish the team all the luck in the world in the coming years :)
    • Like x 1
  17. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I've been playing the game a long time and I'll tell you I don't feel any progression with this revamp clamp it is due to the 70% base clamp of stats. It's a tax revamp the more you make base stats the more they take away with the clamp. You aren't just fighting a clamp you're also fighting roleless debuffs. which adds onto the clamp heavily extremely heavily I may add. you'll notice that in alerts and open world bosses. By doing this you discourage the player base from being active because you take away their feeling of progression with base stats. These two systems clamp and role debuff in alerts and open world give the player base no reason to stay active or progress. Your progression is taken away with the clamp and taking even further with a roleless debuff. Incase you don't understand why some groups may have a hardtime with the clamp in raids. is because it takes a few ppl not just one person to eat the 560% clamp in raids. Each person in a raid gets base stat clamped 70% each 8x 70% is a total of 560%. This is why people make groups and don't pug groups these days
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

As you're doing all of this, please pay special and close attention to how HARD it is to queue into the older leveling content (basically anything that isn't the 3 newest DLCs) due to the rather large number of players that absolutely REFUSE to run that old content so that characters being leveled can run it.

Once you and your son become thoroughly frustrated with trying to queue into older content designed for 4 or more players in a group, maybe then you can see the wisdom in revisiting the Walk-In Portals, so that said content can be run with a smaller group than originally intended, or even solo, thus allowing players to complete those missions once more.

Naturally, use of the portals needs to ALSO disable Stat Clamping, so that it's actually feasible for people to run that content solo once they're overpowered enough to play 4-8 person content by themselves. ;)

That's my 2¢, For Whatever It's Worth.
    • Like x 1
  19. KidKretz Committed Player

yeah, watching them die after the stat clamp and telling us its going to be fine was prob the most cringe thing i have seen on their live streams :p
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I wouldn't mind seeing one of them shouting for 3 hours in LFG to find 7 other people for some inane feat you can't get in a random group. Might give them a bit of insight as to what our situation is most days if you don't roll in a deep roster league.
    • Like x 4