Producer's Letter - March 2024

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MiguelDaybreak, Mar 25, 2024.

1. 3amo New Player

I don’t want to be boring, im really happy that we finnaly have new suffs BUT, can we at least get a double art xp before the new dlc we are a lot waiting that and if its not going to happen again just let us know ( i want to consume all that nth stock i have )
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

First off, thank you for the producer's letter and introduction. It's good to see what's coming up, but I'd be a liar if I said the past month or two and the lack of information wasn't frustrating or even a little distressing. Past experience with other games where communication fell off like that can leave a player wary.

As for the info itself, there's some stuff to take interest in, that's for sure. I weep a little bit at the Fortress base, though, as I'm still putting some finishing touches on an existing character's base, and I've got the nasty feeling my Superman fangirl character is just gonna need that new base. lol

Again, thanks for the info and intro, and I do offer a cordial welcome to Kendricke. We don't bite (well, not that hard anyway) so hopefully we see you on the regular around here.
    • Like x 4
  3. Kendricke Lead Producer, DCUO

Dates are always subject to change, but that's another reason I'd like to keep more updates throughout the year with you. As things change, we'll work to keep ya'll more in the loop.
    • Like x 12
  4. Kendricke Lead Producer, DCUO

That's on me. As we brought in new leaders for the creative side of the team and I was getting into the thick of it with the technical side of the team, the entire leadership team wanted to make sure we had a better idea of what we wanted (and could) do this year before communicating with you.
    • Like x 14
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Just look at those Brainiac war machines in the screen shots! Wouldn’t it be sooo cool if those things were just wandering about the open work attacking us! That would be like sooo fun! We could all get together while doing our dailies to take it out then rush to finish our dailies before it respawned to attack us again!

I’m just saying lol
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I would just like to thank you for communicating with us and for letting us we are not abandoned.
    • Like x 6
  7. Gumercindo New Player

Welcome!
    I'm happy to see this approach to communication on your part and and thank you for the letter and all the updates you posted.
    Soo, please put the doubles nth exp and we're done xD.

Greetings
  8. Atomic Sunset New Player

Please put some thought into a Captain Carrot episode( with new skins to create characters with?) and, maybe, a Travis Morgan, Warlord and Skarteris one.
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And yet we STILL don't have High Texture Detail re-enabled, when it's been available to PlayStation and Xbox players for years! The fact that the game's graphics look better on 10-year old console hardware than on a 2023 gaming PC is just backwards and WRONG! :mad:
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Although I appreciate the producers letter and plan, I think at this point actions are going to speak louder than words and changes and actual investment are definitely going to speak louder than words.

The play format is stale and obviously episode 48 looks to be more of the same and also looks to be set in Washington, its cool to have Brainiac back for a change, but this will also be the third time we've been in Washington since 2021 and when you're only getting 2 DLC's a year, sometimes feels like 1, this gets noticed, trust me, it also almost immediately affects player connection to content.

I hope the instances are good and I hope you get episode 49 out quickly after with some systemic changes, although if you plan to put it out too quickly I hope that's already being planned and reflected in the pricing of the gear and so forth, because otherwise, it will just feel like a replay badge induced rat race to try and squeeze out that DLC before being hit by another one just rendering everything we just did on episode 48 irrelevant. - There's a careful balance to be struck there.

Also what improvements have been made to the PC Client if any? It's all good and well to improve PS5, but it's disappointing in that as well when the PC Client continues to just feel and behave like a bad PS3 port, no borderless windowed mode for example, no modified performance enhancements....

Thanks anyway, again, appreciate the letter, but I'm going to wait to see the improvements, content and certainly the investment before I get too excited :)
    • Like x 8
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I think you meant Episode 47 as it is set in Washington DC, and they announced Episode 48 coming out in September.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Oh, well yea, whatever the numbering is, that parts not important.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I completely understand where you're coming from, so there's no worries there. All of the chaos that we could see kind of pointed to that. Part of it with me is that I'm something of an information junkie at times, so the radio silence did rattle me a little. lol

Thanks for the reply, and here's hoping for good things to come. :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

I just got home and finally had the chance to read the letter. Super stoked for the base, I have a OC Kryptonian so I know I will enjoy that base. Green Lantern John Stewart Ally is another thing I am looking forward to, as I grew up watching JLU and he's my favorite GL. Hoping we will get Donna's hairstyle for Wonder Woman Day. Year of the Dragon sounds interesting, no idea what It's about but I'd like to find out more. And glad they are continuing the tradition of Extra Life. I like the idea of going back to the Brainiac Storyline, I always thought they should focus on the game's lore and expend it.

Also welcome Kendricke, always good to see more faces on the forums from the team!
    • Like x 3
  15. Atomic Sunset New Player

I would assume that Year of the Dragon is for Chinese New Year, as that is the year of the zodiac that they will be entering.
  16. TanyaTheEvilll New Player

Looking forward to all these goodies, especially the Sunstone base
    • Like x 2
  17. Lord Xanatos New Player

As I was reading through I was "okay, that's nice, hmm good, very good..." and then I saw the new base and I thought "Woah!! Ooookay...I'm coming back to the game!!" My main character is Superman and I'll definitely want that Sunstone base and with outdoors, all the better, definitely interested in the base and coming back to play this game. :cool:

Perhaps with this new base having some sort of outdoors included, the next base could be in Themyscira, near the beach. Another one in Gotham, near some cliffs to have a nice higher view of the city while being outdoors but still in one's base.

Looking forward to it during this year.
  18. LavaSpitter_json Level 30

tbh, every 3-4 months isnt that bad when it comes to that.
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

3rd time... out of 5.
  20. Aren Sul Committed Player

First:
    Welcome, Kenn!

Second:
    Glad to hear about the future plans. I know you'll get grief and cheers no matter what's planned, but I'm just thrilled there is something planned. To me it looks great, considering the internal churn, I'm not expecting anything outside of cookie-cutter in the next episode, but that's just fine. I've been on the inside of a few corporate companies of various sizes and I completely understand what happens behind-the-scenes. Just keep your initial focus on righting the ship and then full steam ahead afterwards.

Third:
    Please tell your powers-that-be to never, never, repeat - never, do that again and cut off virtually all communications for that length of time. As I said, I've been in corporate and for a game this size, you don't want to lose both your base and visibility in the market. Hideous no-no. It could have gone a long way for them to just put the occasional post stating something like, "Hiring continues and we're bringing people up-to-speed. Once that's completed, we'll be rolling out our Producer's Letter. Thanks for your patience." Sure, some people would gripe loudly, but others like me wouldn't have to beg (2) friends not to decline renewing their subscriptions in April/May. I had to go out on a limb, and let me be honest, that limb felt very thin. I started to think it was over too and my subscription renewal was in February.
    • Like x 4