Producer's Letter - March 2024

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MiguelDaybreak, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I’m willing to give them a chance on this. The “reskinned Washington DC” is just a setting, a location. It is the story, the adventure they are going to take us on that matters. If I go to Disney World again, it will be the same location but I will have an entirely different experience and it should be no less enjoyable than it was last year. Of course, I did use Disney World so maybe that wasn’t the best example after all lol.

To me, I’m fine with re-used scenery - it is the story, the adventure that counts. Unless it’s in a transparent box floating in space, I’m not going to play that again no matter what lol.
    • Like x 8
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Welcome to the team. Glad to finally meet you! I see you have become a super color of orange. (Or are you avarice lantern?) Will both Scott and Al be joining in with the introductions? Or is that soon™?
    • Like x 1
  3. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

The Owlman told you so.
    • Like x 1
  4. wisetoons Well-Known Player

drop a survival mod in april. and we are good. thx.
    • Like x 1
  5. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

All I see in the PS5 store is the PS4 version of the game -- how and where can I download the new client?
  6. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Not too bad, this was definitely needed. A lot earlier would have been great, but it is understandable with how much changes were probably made with the staff.

Anyhow, it does seem like a heavier focus on Booster Bundles and if this is a bunch of new staff members and they want to get off on the right foot with the player base, that is not a great way to do that. As a lot of us don't like the random chance nature of Booster Bundles and Time Capsules.

If you guys are going to just continue to push cosmetic items, a heavier focus on direct marketplace purchase of equally as good items that we would see in the Booster Bundles/Time Capsules would have been a great way to assure us that you guys want to make the future of the game better for us.

That is not to say you guys should stop making them entirely, even if I'd prefer that, as I know they are very profitable for you guys. But if are going to just keep releasing them and not direct marketplace purchased style items, I think a focus on making Booster Bundles and especially Time Capsules a lot friendly to us would have been a great way to boost relations with the player base.

For example, you are guaranteed items after X amount of TC's or BB's opened. That and or if nothing is changed, make them more alt friendly, reduce the price of unlocking those items on alts massively.

And making the game just alt friendly in general would very much make players happy, unopened gear box sharing, account bound in game money, reduce price of unlocking items/feats on alts, etc.

But anyhow, it is great to finally get some good news about the future of the game though, so thanks for that! :D
    • Like x 4
  7. Lioh New Player

¡Grandes noticias!
    Solo espero que algún día devuelvan el CR en los mapas y misiones personalizadas y dejar el recorte de CR para el OMNIBUS. Tratar el juego con una perspectiva más adulta sería un buen cambio, no penalizar tanto los roles y permitir el traspaso de personajes de PlayStation a PC sería inmejorable...

De resto ¡genial noticia!
  8. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Thank you DCUO!! I struggled while waiting, but never lost faith. Not everyone will be happy, but not everyone ever will. I though am very happy to see us driving ahead full speed. Again, thank you!

Peace and DCUO Forever.
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

OMG yes! That base looks amazing! Can we get a kryptonian themed box of base items on the MP for this too? I want to give you my station cash lol
    • Like x 4
  10. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

FINALLY GREEN LANTERN ALLY hellllll YAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    • Like x 3
  11. Time Stone Active Player

I know they are always 2-3 episodes ahead. I, personally would love a whole new open world. After all, I spend 15-20 minutes there every day, if I count only one toon. Or select an area in the original Metropolis or Gotham, there's plenty of space there and then they don't have to reskin an earlier content at least.
    The same applies to raids and alerts. I agree that mechanics and quality should come first but not again in a "warehouse". Environment has a lot to do with the mood. As you said, it really matters that you have to fight in a cube or, say, a well-developed Limbo city. I just hope the 2 raids didn't tie up their resources too much and they are not a minimally rewroked Brainiac's Bottleships just backwards.
  12. zNot Loyal Player

I believe it was said before by a dev that desiging a raid takes similar time and ressources as a solo or any other piece of content. But the difference is that with raids they can be very different and raids can have much more depth and potential for investment and as you said that little cube raid is not on the same level as raid that are larger and offer more quality bossfights plus more bosses,more mechanics,more variety of outcomes and possibility,like FoS2 or Nexus or Paradox etc
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you look at the words on the left hand side it says "Giveaways".
    • Like x 2
  14. Sollace Well-Known Player

At last, at last, some news!

So we're going to have the same map for the 3rd time ?...
    • Like x 1
  15. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

16. Achikah All About That Base

I gotta say, the roadmap looks promising if everything goes according to plan.
    • 2 DLCs on the way, with a 3rd on the horizon
    • A Lantern Ally
    • A return of Iconic days (and hopefully gifties)
    • And an absolutely GORGEOUS new base theme!!!!!
    Dunno how I feel about the Booster Bundle back to back towards the end there, but I also understand the lights need to be kept on. As long as there's content along with those it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, I know for a fact the base community's been in want for a new theme for awhile (all the Crafters are clamoring about it currently, haha!) and the Fortress was one quite a few people asked for. I also know quite a few people will be happy that at least one of the Lantern Corps is on the ally tray (even if it's not Dex-Starr -hinthint-) Also, excited to see what Year of the Dragon has in store for us too.

If communication returns between the players and devs, and these dates hold up (along with quality behind them) 2024 seems a bit more hopeful despite a rocky start.
    • Like x 4
  17. Atomic Sunset New Player

Yeah, but it is not G'nort... Lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Request that Q4 ally is Ace the Bathound.

I've said it a million times
    But, Ace the Bathound
    Attack: Big Dog Bite
    Ace is summoned and grabs agro from any baddies that are targeting the summoner and then deals physical damage to them.

Passive 1: Ace in the Hole
    Increases other Passive abilities

Passive 2: Very Resourceful Dog
    Locates exobit nodes on your map (good pairing with with the Batman ally and the Krypto ally)

Honestly I'm not sold on the first Passive. I just want the second one, but I feel like it's such a great Passive that it needs a larger buy in, like the Batman Passive, World's Greatest.
    • Like x 2
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I understand what you are saying. For me, Fractured Godshpere on Wonderverse was a masterpiece of artistic design and fun game play. I would love for every raid to live up to that level of beauty and fun or better yet surpass it.
  20. RedBlue Blur Level 30

This is exactly what we needed to hear. Let's just hope most new things aren't locked behind the marketplace going forwards. We like playing to earn, not paying to earn.
    • Like x 2