COUNTDOWN TO TOMORROW'S BONUS ANNOUNCEMENT

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GhostRyder3000, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You can re-run the weekly each Thurs, including the 'overage' time after reset but before reboot next Thurs morning. I believe that one pays off with 14 marks, so if you run 6 toons (I'm guessing you are premium) that's 84 more marks just doing that one weekly on each. The week's worth of daily runs would be another 56 per toon. I'm not 100% sure what all you need from the vendor, but with enough alts, almost anything is possible.....even Cheers.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Since above was mentioned the base , as an avid base builder I will say that, depending on the concept, you may need from several to several dozen identical base items (for example, in one of my bases I used 40 dragons), and this does not take into account all the base items stock for future bases (since in the off-season it is difficult to obtain (in the required quantities), you have to stock up and this takes an incredible amount of seasonal currency)...
    • Like x 1
  3. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Are you sure about that? Because I regularly use the Warp menu to see how many days are left on events, and this is the first time I've seen "6 days remaining" on a Wednesday.
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I got most of the base item feats last year, so it's mainly styles and emotes I'd be after this year, but I just haven't been able to get motivated, since the grind rewards are so small. Maybe if all the people trying to do the seasonal weren't all crammed into 2 phases, with all the idiots that think they have to blast ALL the coins out of the pots before trying to pick them up...

The toon with the pub at the entrance pretty much had most of that finished last year. I just need some booths, a few more barstools, and some of the wall deco to finish, and I've got enough seasonal marks to finish that off. Anything over that amount, I'll use to get styles I'll never use, for the feats.
    • Like x 1
  5. MiguelDaybreak Community Relations

I posted this in the Announcements thread about this week's bonus drops, but wanted to share it here too for y'all.

Thanks for the continued feedback on the timing of these bonus week posts. I definitely understand it's helpful to have that news available to the community prior to server resets, and I get the frustration when they get posted later than expected.

A million different big and small reasons have caused a lot of changes to the way posts get made and news gets shared to the community, the biggest reason being that I'm not Mepps and I'm still figuring out the community. I know it's frustrating, but I appreciate everyone's patience while I guide the ship until we get a new Community Manager in to get things back to smooth sailing.

Anyways, when it comes to bonus week announcements, I've had to do them on Thursdays for a while, and they might still happen on Thursdays sometimes, but I'll do my best to make sure that info is shared on Wednesdays when it's possible from now on.
    • Like x 10
  6. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Thank you for the transparency and the statement to us all. Just one question. I thought we had a CM. What happened to that? There was a big post, hype, everything for her and then gone after one day. Obviously if its to do with company related issues we understand, but it would have been nice to at least seen that we no longer have one.

Thank you for all you do, i know things are rough but all we can do is learn in times like this :)
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Angeliana is the senior CM for Darkpaw Games, she and Miguel are here helping out temporarily until Daybreak hires a permanent replacement for Mepps.
    • Like x 2
  8. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Ah i see
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm aware. However....I'm pretty sure, any way you slice it...running any alts will net more of those items than running 0. Each alt can net 170 marks, assuming you ran every day including the 'extra' day after this coming Thursday's reset. And assuming it is 8 for the daily and 14 for the weekly (I thought daily was 7, but TI said 8....so I'll use that).

Anyway, that's over 1000 marks running 6 alts....that's over 166, 6 mark base items....that's a lot of decorations.

And this isn't even including you could create unlimited 'alt' accounts with 2 toons each...this is however NOT for the faint of heart. In years past I took 5 accounts through every seasonal's feats from 0-current between 2019(3 accounts) or 2020(2 more). So with enough alts...any amount of marks is possible.;)

Now....am I saying everyone should need to do this? No. Should everyone want to do this? No...it's insane(although some of you base people ARE kind of insane:D) . However, CAN everyone do this (except maybe that 'extra' post-reset day run)? Yes. To say you are just throwing in the towel because you can't get enough marks is just not accurate. Can't get motivated? (which was TI99Kitty's revised reply) ...I 100% agree with...but I'm all caught up, so It's not a concern for me.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hopefully he left you a note about how they ALWAYS have a 2x applied Nth week right after a 2x Nth DROPS week.

He left that note...right? Well if he didn't shame on him. But at least now you know, we'll be looking for it in Wed's announcement...or heck, Thursday is fine in that case.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  11. Ryll Committed Player

Yep
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Woohoooooooo!
    We have a pulse lol! Joking aside, having a response, that is actually personalized to the thread, is a sign of life in what was seemingly becoming a void. I truly hope that things, although may be moving slowly, are moving smoothly.
    • Like x 2
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I also “worked” according to this scenario before... to be honest, I can’t understand how I didn’t hate the DCUO then, yesterday I tried to do just a weekly task on all available alts (at least from the alts to which I still remember access... )...about 40 flights around the metropolis...I’m not sure I’m not going crazy...:oops:
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, not sure I'd have the stomach for it anymore either. Most times when I do anything too repetitive like this now, I fall asleep in a transition screen.

Was knocking out omni alerts the other night and on my 5th or 6th toon I landed in the HQ alert. Never made it out of the opening yap-yap to the 'test' portion. I do wonder if I was kicked or timed out though...by the time one enemy (not counting dummies in the test) shows up, it's probably long enough for the kick.
    • Like x 1
  15. MiguelDaybreak Community Relations

Angeliana and I have just been filling in temporarily alongside our other duties at Daybreak to help run DCUO stuff as much as we can, while the dev team and Daybreak continue to figure out getting a new full-time Community Manager on for the game!
    • Like x 7
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

Please find another CM called Tulio, so you can finally find the toad to El Daybreakorado.
  17. MiguelDaybreak Community Relations

I love that movie so much but spiritually I am way more of a Tulio than I am a Miguel, I wish their dang names were swapped
    • Like x 1
  18. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Thank you. Eagerly awaiting the outcome of what the dev team and Daybreak figure out for getting a new full-time Community Manager on for the game!

Peace and DCUO Forever
  19. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I'm absolutely confused didn't MEPPS get laid off if so then why would you be looking for a new Community manager wouldn't you just rehire him for the position. Layoffs are because you're trying to cut back on costs so how could you possibly be looking for another Community manager. It just doesn't make any sense from my knowledge he's looking for a community management position
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well...as someone who's worked at a company for 10+ years, sometimes it's cheaper to recycle people and drop your arguably overpaid employees for some 'fresh out of college' kid and train them. Not saying it's right, but it's something many companies, especially in tech fields do.

In theory, many of today's 'younger' people might have a better grasp of the socials too....seeing as they were raised on them vs having to 'learn' them as new changes came down the pike. The forums system is 'old' now, and I'd guess NOT the main focus for a new hire.
    • Like x 1