I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Isif Committed Player

Isn't it time for a green name to pop in and erase 10 pages just to deny the People.
  2. Isif Committed Player

No, they just like snatching carrots. Don't like naysaying but its looking suspect these days.
  3. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

As he says with his new account.....

Welcome to the club.
    • Like x 1
  4. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

And some of actually like to progress in the game...

Hence, asking for an option that let's both camps be happy.
    • Like x 2
  5. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Are we there yet?
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

No we still haven't managed to get to page 400, I think that's when we get this rubbish removed.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Someone will just make another clamp thread and that’ll get to 400 pages again most likely.
    • Like x 2
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

So... You just came back weirder, huh?

Gone from religion to The Matrix?
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

He's trying to get back in after taking the wrong pill.

• Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I doubt it. Look back over some of the names NOT on the last 10-20 pages. Although there is a lions share of the posts from a few of us (pro and con), there are a lot of names that I think have gone on to other things, or at least gone silent here. You are 100% right someone else would make a new thread, but I seriously doubt it would make 40...much less 400 pages.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

One man's therapy is another man's torture. Who are you to decide, except as it applies to yourself?

And I pick up my own groceries...and fix my own toilet thank you. Just sold a house I spent 3 years rebuilding by myself after a 100 year old oak pretty much demolished it. There are real challenges in life enough, maybe the therapy is the escape in some game where you can do as you please. Maybe it's coming here and venting about some nonsensical issue that doesn't really bother you all that much compared to how being told it CAN'T bother you, does.
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

It's actually important to let others do things for you, otherwise the economy wouldn't function ;)
    • Like x 2
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Life is still too short to all of a sudden not be allowed to enjoy something you used to be passionate about the way you used to enjoy it. That's my take from it. Also, too much going on for people to spend 60 minutes doing 1 raid they have to complete 50 times for a 10 point feat. Just because they aren't out working, doesn't mean they aren't busy. There's only so many hours in a day, who would want to spend it all on DCUO struggling to get measly feats that you used to be able to get much quicker?
  14. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Wait... Isn't the complaint against that... that got us to being clamped in the first place?? :p
    • Like x 1
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That's wild lol. But why do I feel like I shoulda been paid retroactively for all the help I used to give now lmao
    • Like x 1
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I'm not trying to change anything. And when all is said and done with the game, the only remaining thing to chase is feats. It's a checklist for a reason. The "stat points" attached could be considered irrelevant to some, or not, doesn't matter. The principal of the matter is, this crap shouldn't take this long for people when it didn't for everyone else for 10+ years. It steers people away. Especially when the community tells them "get good and get your SP up".

If the feats really don't matter, why do you care so much then?

Apparently enough to bypass getting banned and illegally make a new account in order to defend your stance.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

You weren't taking payment? LOL
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

"Newer players might have it harder than you did" that's the whole point. Why should they? "Their journey will be more fruitful and rewarding", how so? Seems to me like it's been having the opposite effect.

"I can't even imagine starting this game and face-rolling 95% of the game." That's not how it was. Way over exaggerated. There were still mechanics in place, especially in elite. It was not a "breeze" to get as many skill points as I have, even though I started in 2018. It took me literal years, and I basically no-lifed this game lol! (Granted I might be more casual with it than some others, quickest I've known someone to get 650+ was 9 months, but the point is now it would take 10x longer... Will the game even be around long enough for new players to accomplish such amazing accomplishments?)

How would unclamped turn you away? Were you not playing until after the clamp was released? Either way, without it never really seemed to "turn away" thousands of players for 10 or whatnot years. What I see now, however, is the opposite. Constantly. I still follow the FB groups and every day I see people begging for old feats and the comments say "not worth it clamped". Funny enough, even today I saw that same scenario about someone looking for Dark side War Factory Elite feats, with that exact community response/reaction. No one wants to bother or claims they don't have that kind of time. Times have changed. Perhaps it's because playerbase got older, or the MMO community has shifted its weight, the world may never know.

Like I said, times have changed. I still wouldn't be opposed to an option that benefits all sides, or loosened in certain instances, but I absolutely never suggest it being removed.

As for making a new account: Yes, it's called "ban evading", pretty common sense it's not allowed. I won't hold it against you for not knowing (like some people), just don't be surprised if they get you again.

As to why you were banned, did you ever stop to think it might have been the insults you were throwing out loosely? :p
    (Using mental handicaps the wrong way and as an insult comes to mind)

It does seem odd they didn't tell you why, but then again, considering players are always making threads or accounts asking "why", I don't think they do most of the time. Many forum and games are like that. So you are correct about it being a silly system in place, but it's been like that for as far back as I could remember in MMORPGs.
    • Like x 2
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You talk about weening out players, but the population on smaller servers was already dwindling enough and couldn't handle weening anymore out. If that makes sense.

I only brought up DWF as an example because of a simple post I saw on FB earlier today a few minutes before I wrote my reply to you:
    [IMG]
    But yes, sadly the average player on this game is indeed bad (even though this game is massively "dumbed down" compared to most other MMORPGs), but those are potential people to open their wallets (don't get me started again on stats being monetized back to everyone in the form of artifacts ;p ).

As for not being informed why you were banned, yeah it's sadistic, but they don't care most of the time. It's a common trend to just be banned without explanation. Been that way since the dawn of MMOs, and I've played a whole lot of em