The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thank you! I had fun creating it lol.

I enjoy art anyways so when I found this anime AI photo generator I had to try it!

Hang onto your man, Asuna, I might come after Kirito!
    • Like x 1
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So another random observation, possibly one I've made before but I'm too lazy to look. LOL

I've watched about a season and a half of Banished From the Hero's Party now, and despite the VERY heavy "slow pace slice of life" vibes you get from the plot synopsis (not to mention the imagery and music in the opening and closing songs of both seasons), that is an almost ridiculously violent show at times.

Ruti's meeting with Van in the latest episode is a prime example. :eek:
    • Like x 2
  3. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Van so deserves that and more and so does that tinkerbell fairy hanging around him. I can't wait for him to get a beat down. At least I hope he does
    • Like x 2
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So I splurged a bit on some anime purchases, snagged the first seasons of My Dress-Up Darling and More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers PLUS both parts of Danmachi (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) season four. Haven't dived into Married Couple or Danmachi's home video releases yet, but I found some fun/interesting stuff in the first disc of Dress-Up Darling.

First off, the menu and the physical disc use the artwork of Marin's various modeling styles that slideshow (best term I can come up with lol) in the opening of the show.

[IMG]

Second, I got a little surprise in the second episode. When Gojo's playing through Slippery Girls for research, in the broadcast the computer screen was blurred (seemed right for both the tone of the show of leaving some things to the imagination while also following broadcast standards).

Not so in the home video release. LOL

Finally, thanks in part to reading the manga, I noticed some things in the end of the show AND Marin's room that serve as hints of costumes to come. I'd imagine there's a good chance of seeing them in the second season.

Hint: check the posters and this part of the end credits.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

That is so cool
    • Like x 2
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  10. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 3
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Idk if I've talked about this show before (probably have) but have y'all seen Tiger & Bunny? About a society that has superheroes but the heroes are sponsored by various companies. It's pretty great, but I think only one season sadly.

Also: Spice & Wolf - about medieval economics (and economics in general). Oh and wolf fertility gods, prejudice, and love.
    • Like x 2
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Tiger & Bunny was never really in my groove, but I have heard of it. As for Spice and Wolf, it's getting a new anime in the upcoming spring season. Spice and Wolf: merchant meets the wise wolf is supposed to start airing April 1st and will stream on Crunchyroll.
    • Like x 3
  14. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I am so looking forward to Spice and Wolf. There are a lot of good anime coming out this spring and finishing up some awesome anime as well. Frieren: Beyond Journey's End and The Apothecary Diaries are must watch anime and are some of my favorite anime ever. Here's looking forward to Spring's line up
    • Like x 2
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

OMG I can't believe that it's getting another season! This made my day. My husband's bought me the books and they are damn good (though I do have to skip the "side colors" when reading the main story)
    • Like x 1
  16. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Fridays won't be the same anymore.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So two more quick bits of news.

First, right after I posted the trailer, ANN had an article saying the new season of Slime would start airing the 30th, with the first episode being a recap and the new episodes starting April 5.

Crunchyroll Streams That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3 Anime on March 30 - News - Anime News Network

Second, even though HIDIVE is streaming the remake, Crunchyroll is going to stream the 1981 version of Urusei Yatsura.

Crunchyroll Adds 1981 Urusei Yatsura Anime - News - Anime News Network

Just surprised me a little, I though HIDIVE would have tried to secure that along with the new version.
    • Like x 2
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Side note before the micro reviews: the back-and-forth conversation between Veldora and Diablo in the Slime recap episode is well worth watching.

So at least two shows have for-sure wrapped up. Tales of Wedding Rings finished up, with an announcement of a second season being made. I won't deny it: the show is trashy in some parts and could be a lot less derivative. I think a part of the reason I stuck with the show was because I had read the manga on Crunchyroll's manga app a while back, but as the season went on I found myself waiting longer and longer into the week to watch the latest episode. I don't think I can wholeheartedly recommend the show, as there are a LOT of flaws, but there's worse shows out there to watch. Plus, they have a buff catgirl warrior in the show, and that can go a long way. LOL Can't say I'm going to be marking the calendar for season two, though.

The other one that wrapped up: The Dangers in My Heart. I cannot recommend this show enough. The final episode of the season left me with a dopey smile on my face, and both seasons are going to be must-haves in my video collection. Watching Kyotaro and Anna grow both as individuals and in their relationship makes for some wonderful television.
    • Like x 2
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Two more reviews.

The latest season of Banished From the Hero's Party wrapped up, and thankfully the ending was a little less bloody than the first season. LOL Showing the new Hero and his...unique viewpoint on the world was jarring at times but provided yet another example of how that world's Blessing system can really mess with a person. It did have a rather compelling overall story again, though, and the action had some top-notch moments. The slice-of-life moments (particularly moments between Red and Rit) balanced things out decently. I won't say they always do it perfectly, but overall the show handles the tonal shifts you can get between the heroic stuff and the slice-of-life story elements pretty well. If you liked the first season I'd recommend the second. More good stuff.

Hokkaido Gals are Super Adorable! also wrapped up, and it pretty much stayed as a nice little fluffy show (if not also a straight-up tourism piece for Hokkaido lol). You get a nice little story with the developing friendship (and maybe more) between Tsubasa and Minami, plus a harem of sorts forming with two other girls that Tsubasa meets in the city. Any drama in the show is really low-stakes, so little to no stress in watching the show. Not a bad show and possibly one that could be used as a palate cleanser from a heavier or high drama show. I didn't mind it and don't feel like I wasted my time watching it, so take that as you will. :)
    • Like x 2