Test Discussion Mister Mxyzptlk’s Mischief 2024: Vendor Items and Feats

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by El Cucuy, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Please... DO NOT remove the Torchbearer Mask.

It is an item that was highly requested.... especially when we did not have access to the Oan Tech Mask because the Coast City mission was not available.
    • Like x 4
  2. Soc Level 30

Thank you for helping me decide to NOT want to run this event and to go play my other game and spend my money there!
    • Like x 5
  3. Proxystar #Perception

So just came in here and saw this, so your response to the feedback that pricing was too high was to remove items and increase the cost of the rewards you actually left...

[IMG]

Wow, just wow....
    • Like x 11
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

This is not the way Daybreak. We wanted more leeway on the seasonal. You could’ve added a week or given us more marks or lessened the prices instead you chose to take stuff away. What the heck is your thinking at Dimensional Ink? Also making the harp emote from 50 to 100 clovers just feels like a slap in the face. You guys seriously have to reconsider how you run DCUO. If you were Activision/Blizzard you’d be seriously blasted on Twitter right now. I’m just shocked this is how you handle things by taking out content instead of helping the playerbase. Just unbelievable. Wow just wow. Do better Daybreak.
    • Like x 9
  5. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

100 marks for an emote is way too much. The current seasonal the emote is "only" 50, the summer event last year had an emote for 50, winter's emote was 50. It really doesn't make much sense to double the price of the emote especially when people are concerned about being able to complete the current year feats on time. Please reconsider this decision.
    • Like x 9
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

This change is bad.
    • Like x 8
  7. Canadian Justice Committed Player

At least they tried?

But ya, this comes off as somewhat tone deaf.
    • Like x 7
  8. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

And this is why i dont do seasonals. Just a waste of time. I just buy most things off the broker. If i cant then oh well.
    Im all for adding grind to the game, go for it, i like it. But when you add seasonal items that EVERYONE has said costs way to much... THEN remove some of them and increase the prices to even more outrageous costs... Mand, thats tone deaf as hell.

Just goes to show they only listen to our style suggestions and then they do whatever they want, even if we hate it, for money

Theres no wonder i see people on EU LFG shouting "Please Q event" in the middle of the day, its bs. All of it
    • Like x 6
  9. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

Dear Devs..not all seasonals are the same. St Paddy's is typically 2 weeks, try to do the math on how much seasonal currency a player can earn over the course of a seasonal and price accordingly. Assume a few days are missed as well.

(Anniversary event requiring 15 take downs of the anti-monitor? its not a daily ya know...)
    • Like x 1
  10. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I don't know about you guys but I'll go for the change if the 100 marks for the emote is one whole skill point. You know what let's make this seasonal interesting and start to make them all interesting. As of right now its10 whole skill points. But be warned it's going to take some grinding but the payoff is well worth it. Okay okay all jokes aside we did add 10 skill points to this seasonal and will continue to do so from here on out for all seasonals. Enjoy and have a wonderful start to 2024 sorry we're a little late
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

One step forward, two steps back... Though maybe with the decisions taken here, it's three steps back... [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Why remove items/content from the seasonal vendor? Why not just extend the seasonal? 2 weeks is far too short for what is on offer, but that shouldn't mean the solution is to cut back on rewards.

The BiB kinda infers that you don't know if there will be devs to work on the rewards for next year's seasonal, and/or that you are trying to cut corners to work on future content. Which isn't really reassuring for the players reading it.

(Doubling the price of the Harp emote kinda negates your reasoning for removing the other items too)
    • Like x 6
  13. iLazy Well-Known Player

A simpler solution, other than this harsh reaction, could be to just add a few more clovers to earn each day or extend the event by a week.
    • Like x 9
  14. Achikah All About That Base

Wow. Was definitely not expecting this outcome.

There were a few ways to go about this. One would be to agree upon the given remarks and shift things a bit. Few solutions could have been:
    • Reduce the Mark price by 5-10 per Chroma, 3-5 per Style.
    • Extend the Seasonal by 1 week.
    • Increase the Mark yield by 1-2 for the Daily, 8-10 for the Tour.
    All these would have bridged the Mark yield for pricing issues, not fully, but enough to lighten the load- we'd have some clean up next year for solo character users, few extra runs for multi-character users, and some microtransactions for marks on your guy's end with the few that engage with that sort of thing.

Another logical step could have been to just done nothing. Let the prices be and learn for the next Seasonal; price things accordingly going forward while giving a significant mark decrease the following year to shift.

Instead, you chose to listen, agree that something should be done, and that something was to not only to take assets away (reusing them later, I might add, also quite a bad look) but also to increase an item that is feat specific thereby nearly negating doing anything at all.

This is so transparently a bad move I seriously can't tell if this is a petty act of psudeo-punishment to silence the critics or if the team is just that tone deaf.

Your community wants to enjoy what you make- a good chunk of us adore a lot of what's given, as well as the recent volume it's been given at. Sure, you can't please everyone, but the yield and quality from most seasonals the past year have been great. Then you do this.

This is such a backstep. Most of us just want to enjoy the nice things at fairly decent price. That's it.
    To whoever pitched and ok'd this: do better, because this isn't it.
    • Like x 9
  15. Isif Committed Player

Is this St. Patrick's or April Fools?:rolleyes:
    The MiguelAI conspiracy deepens...
    • Like x 5
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Skynet uprising came quicker than we thought apparently… :(
    • Like x 4
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Totally agree with your examples. This feels like taking a hammer to the problem and not fixing it. I can’t for the life of me remember a time Daybreak took back any content during a Seasonal? Maybe it happened before in the early years but this just feels more like punishment than helping us. I don’t know if this is down to a new hire decision or what but this is something that won’t be very popular to the DCUO community at all. Most players probably watched content creators on YouTube with the seasonal items on Test and won’t regularly check to see if things got yanked. The disappointment to a lot of us is going to be upsetting. This would also be nice to have a new Community Manager or Director discuss this with us but sadly we don’t have those yet either. I’m hoping this isn’t a sign of things to come in 2024 cause yikes.
    • Like x 2
  18. Tros Well-Known Player

Remove itens from vender?

o_O

Guys this is the opposite of what me, as player would want.

If the prices ARE too high, Just give more per daily or decrease prices, or EVEN remove accound bound restriction só we can buy It from broker.

This as some ppl Said and I agree, its a complete bad move. You tried. Ok, but it isnt good as well, try seeing as our perspective a bit.

Another thing that for me is not clarified, you guys removed from this year right? Not from past years.

Also, as Achikah said and I agree:

• Like x 1
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This is probably the worst thing you guys could have done right now. It’s like what the community is complaining about not only isn’t being taken into consideration but you add insult to injury y by increasing the price. This is shameful who even is in charge here anymore ?
    • Like x 3
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

How are they gonna get you to pay the the market place for the clovers if they make it sensible and fair ?
    • Like x 1