I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Mr.W Committed Player

Yes, COD does tune things here & there but it’s not a blanket reduction of everything across the board at one time.

One person also opted for a toggle system so ppl could theoretically make their own own groups for unclamped versions without necessarily splitting the queues

It’s not about me wanting bragging rights of soloing stuff. I can just run far ahead, start the boss & chop endlessly in tank role for that (depending on the content). It’s just to mix up the pace of the game from time to time to make it more enjoyable.
  2. Grim931 Committed Player

You missed a good chunk of the conversation. A notable part was Diety claiming Raven was lying about how things are happening on the Xbox server... with no actual legitimate knowledge of how things actually go on that server...

Long story short:

Raven is saying that due to the clamp, players tend to notice who the weak link is a lot faster, and will kick them for it immediately. I think we can all agree that it is noticeable during content... not much of a stretch here, right?

It also doesn't matter if they're actually not required to play or get through content, players have implemented the restriction themselves to avoid any kind of hiccup while playing EEG content. They want to get in, get their rewards, and get out as quick as possible.

So yes, players are feeling more pressure to get these in older content. It wasn't needed before, and nobody would verify if a low level toon had all their arts at 200 in old content prior to the clamp. They were getting carried, and content was much easier. There was no significant pressure then until they got closer to end game and actually needed the arts leveled up. I don't know why this is so complicated...
    • Like x 2
  3. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Some people actually like being slapped in the face.

Whether they pay for it or not is irrelevant.

You have every right to feel the way you feel.... It's just a mentality that I don't get.

"You know what I like?... Progressing in a game... and then having that progression taken away"

"I like being handicapped in a game... being weaker than I should be is awesome"

An option where you can get your clamp on... and I can avoid being slapped in the face.. would be my suggestion.
    • Like x 4
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I find it funny you guys keep making scenarios in order to push your biased ideas.

You act as if 200 arts are needed now for eeg lol. You claim players are getting kicked for not having high arts or players not getting invited into eeg runs. But how could a player without high arts be kicked if they aren’t being invited? On top of that if a group is constantly failing content in eeg they will kick tend to kick the worse performing player. This is not the same as kicking the player with lower arts. The 2 things can coincide but are not exclusive to one another. A player with lower arts can out perform a player with higher arts. If a group is failing they are most likely to kick the one who feels like they aren’t pulling their weight instead of inspecting everyone and making a decision based on who has the lower arts. Additionally players are more likely to leave an instance instead of actually kicking.

So you have to have a group of people who all decide to kick instead of leave which is more likely
    You have to have a group of people that inspects to decide who to kick instead of kicking based on performance
    And you have to have a group that invited without asking for stats (while you guys claim people ask for stats before inviting).

If this is common on Xbox than this is an Xbox issue. So why make a change for everyone just because the Xbox community is more toxic?
  5. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

It just dawned on me, mostly because I don't get any joy from it, but there has always been a clamped version of the game for those who enjoy the cookie-cutter experience with identical avatars: Legends PVE.

But, I'd be willing to bet that this aspect of the game is as popular with the pro-clampers here as it is with the rest of the DCUO population, and that is to say, not at all popular.

That's because it's not really about how they want to play, its about how they want YOU to play.
    • Like x 3
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Then laugh quietly to yourself and stop trying to get a rise out of people just because you're lonely.
    • Like x 5
  7. Grim931 Committed Player

It's like you don't even read. You just unload on anyone who has any negative feedback on the clamp.

Why don't you go on the Xbox server and see how it is for yourself? At least then you would have a sliver of credibility against the argument.
    • Like x 6
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Can someone start a Go Fund Me to raise money for Deity's new XBox? I'd like to pledge $20.
    • Like x 4
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You’re one to talk lol
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And why should I do this? If it was remotely true it would be very easy to prove. You guys like to make a big spectacle out of everything.

The clamp drove sooooo many people away and is killing the game!!! (No data to back this up)
    Someone post prove that the population seems to be steady (even slightly higher) post clamp. “Ok the clamp drove loyal players away and replaced them with less loyal players (who somehow are still playing since the data shows steady numbers)
    Everyone who was laid off were the ones responsible for the clamp! Proof it’s the clamp is terrible and will go away!!! (Layoffs happened across multiple games)
    The clamp is making everyone get pressured into trying to max their arts!! (Pressure was always there)
    Ok but players on Xbox are failing EEG content and are having to max arts!!

It’s always something big with you guys lol
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I pledge -$20. I clamped Deity's payment.

I'll take that Venmo Lorax.
    • Like x 2
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Case in point.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. inferno Loyal Player

I just wish the player base was given the option/choice to make these content as clamped or not.

But I also wish the clamped content were left as they were when originally introduced because clamped content now is, at least, 50% easier than they were designed. If they were left at their original state, I would have advocated for a better reward system.
    • Like x 3
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Just read this and stop babbling. It's not like I'm trying to get anything changed.
    I made a general statement, and you like to cause a ruckus about it because it is my firm believe that artifacts are more important and/or relied upon after the clamp was released.

• Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Just because I said it opened more doors, does not mean YOU had to enter it.

If something goes wrong on Xbox and you have the lowest arts, well you are the first to take full blame and most likely get kicked out of the instance.
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Oops, didn't realize you clarified this for me. Thanks for that
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Omnibus. I'm simply talking about omnibus. The stuff that is supposed to "help" new players. Does quite the opposite, it's a catch-22.

Obviously, but I'm saying they don't. If they don't have time for "detriments" slowing the old content down from being completed ASAP, they also don't have time to figure out who is causing the issues. They inspect, see low arts, initiate kick. Stop acting like you know how it is on the Xbox side.

No, that is not what is claimed. I am talking about random queues.

Although I'm not asking for any change (literal just made a statement about artifacts being more relied upon, you are the one with some kind of personal vendetta), Xbox server should NOT be ostracized because it has a "smaller population" or you deem it "unworthy". It is a part of the DCUO community, wether you like it or not. Our issues need to be addressed as well, just the same as the other servers. If not, what is even the point of the being run on such servers? Talk about biased.

It only got this toxic because of the lack of population and/or options of players to choose from. It's not rocket surgery.
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Lmao what's funny is I've always despised Legends (especially after getting all of the feats), and when the clamp was released I was like "oh well okay now the entire game is basically Legends" lol.

So glad I had gotten all of those feats too before it became sucky.
    • Like x 3
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Shows how biased you are. I literally never said any of those things. The closest was pressure on artifacts, but I never even said the word Max.
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For someone “not trying to get things changed” you sure put in a lot of effort to make things up to support the other claims you make lol

If a run is failing the group wouldn’t go around inspecting everyone to see who to kick. If they feel the tank keeps dying they kick the tank. If they feel the healer isn’t healing they kick the healer. If they feel the troll isn’t giving power or debuffing they kick the troll. If the fee burn sucks they kick the lowest dps. Players who are kick happy aren’t going to inspect everyone to see who has the lowest stuff. They kick who ever the scoreboard says is the lowest. If someone with lower arts is ahead of someone who higher arts they would kick the one with higher arts.

That is of course if they even kick. Most will leave themselves.

You’re right. Xbox shouldn’t be ostracized. However they shouldn’t get special treatment either. If they have to keep making changes for one platform just because the players can’t play move it would slow things down for the other platforms.