The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I believe the story they are telling, aside from the um...., detours...., is interesting. Satou has to collect all the Princess Rings of Power to defeat the Abyss King who at this point is implied an entombed spirit. The fight scenes are good too.
    • Like x 1
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, so I just watched the latest episode this morning, and if that's the episode that was causing your initial reaction, I don't blame you in the least. LOL
    • Like x 1
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I binged watched "The Experienced You and the Inexperienced Me" this weekend. If there are any romantics on this thread like me, you will fall in love with this anime. The MC isn't a mushy, wishy-washy kind of guy who either can't speak to the girl he likes let alone confess to her that he likes. Instead, on a dare, Ryuto asks the object of his desire, Runa to be his girlfriend in the first episode. What a relief from the kind of MC we usually get.

It's a delightful love story.
    • Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That was a good one. My only minor issue with the show was that, at times, Runa came across as entirely too trusting, almost to the point of being foolishly naive. She sometimes seemed to take what she was told entirely at face value, and story wise I thought it might have undermined chances for Ryuto to grow as well as the growth of their relationship.

Otherwise, yeah, very good show. :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Tuna’s way of thinking isn’t that far off from reality. We can be trusting to the point of being naive as you said, and that does lead to broken hearts sometimes. Sometimes, we think we have to act like Runa did initially to get one we like to pay attention & hopefully like us back.

Just adding some context from a woman’s point of view.
    • Like x 1
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Fair points.
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I’ve found another favorite for this season: “Villiainess Level 99 - I May be the Hidden Boss but I’m Not the Demon Lord”

Quote from Wikipedia:
    Yumiella Dolkness was a college student who reincarnated into another world after dying in an accident. Unfortunately for her, she is now in a world where her dark hair and dark magic are reviled and feared by the country. Yumiella recognizes her new self as the secret boss of an otomeRPGLight Magic and the Hero that she played before she died. Hoping for a peaceful life away from her absent family, she decides to level grind in order to survive, spending her childhood doing so. However, upon entering the country's academy at age fifteen, Yumiella discovers that she went overboard; Level 10 was the highest expected from students, but she maxed out at Level 99, making her the most powerful person in the country. With her plans turned upside-down, Yumiella must navigate the everyone's wariness and the country's politics to find her place in the world and join the original game's heroes in defeating the Demon Lord, all while attempting to dispel the negative preconceptions regarding her dark hair and magic.

I’m really enjoying these villainess not really a villainess story lines lol. Watching animes like this kinda fuel my um…. Disdain… for the clamp lol
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For me, stories with OP characters work a lot better when they do something different or fun with the setup. Shows like Misfit of Demon King Academy, One Punch Man and Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies (not gonna type out the whole title LOL) fall into that category.

That's why I was disappointed with Cheat Skill in Another World, as it started out having some potential with Yuuya still having some serious self-esteem issues even after getting OP. But they did nothing with it and just went the kind-of juvenile route of the OP wish-fulfillment character.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Cheat Skill in Another World just turned into “How many wives can I add to my collection?” Lol. I agree, it was very disappointing and they missed out on a lot of opportunities to tell a good story. Cid on the other hand from Eminence in Shadow does a much better job.
    • Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

How could I forget that one and Overlord when it comes to OP characters?! LOL Those worked great because Ains was trying to keep from showing his minions that he ISN'T the all-powerful all-seeing being they think he is, while Cid was just clueless that he was in the very scenario he always strived for.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Out of all of the Floor Guardians, I think Ains fears being found out by Demiurge the most.
    • Like x 1
  12. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Suicide Squad ISEKAI Anime Reveals Handlers and Original Characters

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  14. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I ran my picture through AI anime photo generator. I'm an anime now! YAAY!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not sure I'd want to see the results of a photo of me. LOL Pretty cool, though. :D
    • Like x 2
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thanks! You should totes try it! Its fun lol
    • Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So I've been watching the new season of Bottom Tier Character Tomozaki, and it's been pretty decent. I kinda feel like I should have rewatched the first season to refresh the memory a bit, but overall it's been a solid season. Decent character development, interesting stories to tell and all that.

The latest episode was really good, especially when it got to the end. Not gonna spoil it for those who want to watch, but it had an event that took place that I kinda want to say I saw coming a bit from the very first season, mainly because it just seemed like a likely direction for a particular character. But it was also really well executed and perfectly in character for the person involved.
    • Like x 1
  20. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

That is so cool
    • Like x 1