I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

2. the solowing Unwavering Player

DCUO has tried to do spice up the gameplay but overall the community has negative reactions to everything. So now what? Play it safe and stick to familiar waters. The players got the game they wanted.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Granted, SOME ideas fell flat, but at what point did anyone ever indicate they wanted a square box raid?

It's not ALL on us.
    • Like x 4
  4. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Or to be milked for needless cash grabs... or money schemes to replace actual progress....
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Unwavering Player

You are right, nobody wanted a square box, but whos currently at the helm? The first few DLCs i could imagine would be fine after the "Hi!-Jack-ing" but after might a alil shakey, until they get the people they need. iMO
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

100% exactly and same. That's why I have no plans to come back currently, unless (possibly) something MAJOR changes, and for the better. Still hope something is done.
    • Like x 2
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Agreed. And as I wrote on another Thread:

----------
    "Luckily I was able to break free and never felt better :)
    ...and that is not a feeling that I should have considering how passionate about the game I have always been and the amount of time/money invested.

I'm still fighting some "FOMO" feeling, but it's that exact feeling in which currently I have no plans to return. I missed wayyy too much already in the few months I've been offline.

Do I miss the game? Sure. But I miss how it used to be (and before everyone I made friends with quit entirely). The game literally has bashed and beat me for so long to the point that stopping isn't even bothering me as much as I thought it would. And that is NOT good for an MMO/business.

The only way I'd consider returning is if there is a drastic change for the better at this point. (Oh, and to refresh my account to prevent Name Reclaim to prevent trolls from slandering me)."
    ----------

As for the business part, I don't feel I need to reply to it as I don't actually "defend" any of it. In fact, I don't take part in it either (the only thing I spent real money on since BoP was membership, but even stopped that when they stopped giving annual discount).
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Xbox didn't have enough population to handle such a drastic change. Something should be done for the poor fools, as they are struggling massively over there. I can only imagine Switch being even worse.

Please fight for server merge and/or (at the very least) look back into Cross-Faction Grouping. Thank you!
    • Like x 1
  9. thedemonocus Loyal Player

245 pages and probably 200 of them are proxy and DS fighting with people. Those 2 clowns must have no life at all cause they are in literally EVERY thread on the forums crapping on someone and never adding anything constructive to the conversations they highjack. I only point this out because i'm tired of those 2 ruining every thread on the forums and needed to vent that. Now i will put them on ignore and move on.

Now that thats out of the way i will say this. The clamp should have ALWAYS been optional and no open worlds should have ever been clamped.
    • Like x 6
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

No. You're wrong.
    • Like x 4
  11. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Here is what is most likely to happen behind making clamps optional.

1) A newish player using the CR skip ques into clamped content (this happens alot).
    2) The newish player finally lands in said content with 7 other players
    3) The option pops giving everyone a vote to run clamped or unclamped.
    4) 7 Players vote for the option to run unclamped while the one newish player chooses the clamped option.
    5) They kick the newish player for someone who will run the instance unclamped or they all leave taking the 60 second penalty leaving the newish player in instance hoping others will que in to join, or are forced to run unclamped not learning a thing about how the mechanics work during the whole run because it was face rolled with mechanics by passed.
    6) The newish player also leaves...
    7) rinse repeat.

Now, I know what is going to be replied with. "They can form their own group." Let's be honest, how often will you answer an LFG from a random player to run the content clamped, when the option to run the content unclamped is available?

These kind of options are wholly against why the clamp exists in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Watch out dude, you're next. ;)
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Well, this thread opened up some sore memories for me.
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Sorry.

:oops:
  16. Dene Devoted Player

At least they have something to say.. the people they respond to (for the most part) seem to only be able to attack them, as people, instead of actually making any actual decent points (kinda like what you just did).

If you were genuinely upset at their behaviours (and not their opinions) then you'd add people who *agree* with you to your list of "clowns" too

re: ignoring - 100% agree - if you are over people just put them on ignore and move on, no need to be rude about it, just because they do not agree with your every word.

I will never put someone on ignore *just* because I do not like their opinion but maaann some of you are so vile in how you address people.. or just downright infuritaring

* Pedantic nonsense where they take 1 line a poster says, changing its context completely, and yelling "GOTCHA" - then it runs on from there and noone actually bothers to see the context
    * This new BS of saying they have quit or are quitting but still playing and/or posting on here more than actual people that play
    * Resurrecting threads JUST to attack people and be wanna-be edgelords
    * "this does not affect me.." or "I see both sides" then post 5 paragraphs that makes both of those starting sentences an absolute crock
    * People basing their whole forum/opinion "persona" based on a few incidents that happened in 2013

etc etc - i could go on but noone gives a toss

The above examples happen on all sides of different arguments FYI

i'll stop now LOL - rant over
    • Like x 5
  17. Grim931 Committed Player

You're entire point starts with the ridiculous notion that they'll put it up for vote after players get into an instance... that has to be the single worst scenario available if they were to make this an option.

It would be beneficial to make it a toggle option before anyone even queues up, similar to disabling the join instance in progress that is already an option.

It could be a process where you toggle the option in the settings menu, and then it gives another way to queue in to content in Omnibus menus. It could also be a requirement to be at endgame CR to unlock this option. There are choices available and avenues they can take to still ensure people are playing clamped if it were implemented.

I feel like at this stage, End Game players have already weeded themselves out of the queues in Omni for the most part. They form groups with friends/leagues and get what they need in the most efficient way possible. Queuing Omni random and being part of that mix is not efficient if they're just farming SM's... Feat groups are not part of that mix, either... You'll have a few queue up for the loot box, but even that isn't enticing enough to some, and they may even be doing their own efficient premade group to get it faster.

As for the question of how likely I'd be to run clamped if asked? Same chance as now, pretty much 0. What I fail to understand is why it would be a problem? If the person is trying to make a feat group or wants a specific run, then yes... They're going to have to either form a group or let Omni fill it. Either way, it wouldn't be an issue if it were optional before people queued in, and clamped or unclamped really wouldn't matter. The only difference is the group really isn't needed to be formed in the first place for unclamped... kinda saved a step that way, right? Especially if they allow players to go in to an instance with less than the minimum number of players needed.
    • Like x 3
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

From what I can gather from past dev posts and the changes that were made? It'd be a problem because they want us playing with each other, not near each other when it comes to group content. It doesn't help queues and content completion when everyone separates themselves from one another.
    • Like x 3
  19. the solowing Unwavering Player

Do people think they're gonna let people run content unclamped and think currency rewards or drops wont be severely reduced, or cost exponentially increased to compensate? Do people really think they are gonna get full marks for rolling over content unclamped? Yall are gonna be looking at Quark currency acquisition rates..
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  20. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

the only thing that they should do for running the unclamped version is reinstate the loot locks so much like before ya only get the rewards once per day/week (depending on the instance or whatnot).