I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's me.
    • Like x 3
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Not for nothing.. but when you practice or exercise, what "different result" are you expecting?

It would be "insanity" to practice/exercise and expect something different than, you know, getting better. Like practicing clarinet and expecting to get beefy legs from it. Lol.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ah.....solves it then.
    • Like x 1
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, but they need to focus on putting that one M back into MMO. Population issues is most important to address first and foremost. Otherwise they may as well just shut down the "underperforming" consoles entirely if all they are gonna do is milk whom/whatever is left of the community (obviously they won't).
    • Like x 1
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

There's a hell of a lot of gators in that swamp too.
    • Like x 1
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

And this:
    [IMG]
    I actually have this shirt too lol
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Pretty much sums it up completely.
    • Like x 2
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

One reason they put the clamp in is so they WOULDN'T have to deal with the old stuff as much. It's evident by lack of fixing "outliers". A "set it and forget it" approach, basically.

But yes, something should definitely be done.
    Because what it has turned into:

Is actually how it really became for many (such as myself included).

And that leads up to:

Exactly. Business is business and that's basically all it is now. A bunch of dollar signs. I don't think it matters how the community feels whatsoever. It might to the devs themselves, but not to the higher-ups. And now we know the money goes to other games to top it off lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That one guy who didn't like me? Even said he doesn't associate with me and doesn't like me for chatting "too much" in a custom channel and/or leaving a reg instance early. That isn't evidence for not being able to get elite feats.

I was publicly called out by the (only) league at the time who can beat TSWE+ for not arti swapping, I'd relate to that being a possible reason more than some dude simply "not liking me". Lol
    • Like x 1
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Tbh from outside observation it looked like you both are on the same side. He seems to just be laughing at how people can still be roped into the FOMO on a rapidly deteriorating game all the while not having any fun anymore on said game (and it being more like a job). That part at least makes sense.
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Being good at something is different from being bad at it. For example: results of being a good DCUO player (people want to play Elite+ with you, you get your feats and have fun) are different from being trash (people don't want you in their groups, you quit DCUO and wish it would die). Lol...
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

The quote is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    Your comparison doesn't make sense, unless that "bad player" is actually expecting to be "good" somehow. Hence, insanity.

If you are trying to hint I'm trash now, nice job in proving my ENTIRE point in all of my posts about the community, population, and toxicity.

Hopefully that isn't what you were snarkily trying to imply.

When you are passionate about something, sometimes you hope it just simply gets taken away so you don't have to worry about it anymore. Keep your judgements to yourself. Merry Christmas.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lugo Well-Known Player

There's a lot to say if you think about it

Your whole "noobs should deal with the noobs, and deal with making EEG better, and old players should never have to interact with them" type of *** backwards logic, and then the whole "I'm miserable but I let this game own me anyway" thing reminds me of all the other players I've argued with on this forum in the past

So I'm sorta arguing with a mindset more than I'm arguing with you right now, but you have that mindset

My thing about the devs training yall is that your solutions are always placing the burden of making the game better on other players, especially new players (again, *** bakcwards), when all of the game's issues come from decisions the devs make... or don't make

A lot of times people will defend all the crap the devs do by saying "it's a business they have to make money"

But this is more of the *** backwardness I rant about. I guess whoever controls the money is happy enough with how things are. And I'm not interested in helping these kinds of people. But if you really wanted to make a ****** up amount of money off this game, that's even more incentive not to focus on lazy cash grabbing and more on making a good game.

The people who control the money think they're winning cause they're good at scamming but the best business model for a video game is making it a good game. There's always some backwards logic to defend the scamming though, then a good game comes out and breaks records and makes history without having to rip off all its players

However I do think it matters how the community feels because we're the ones they need to leech off. But I think the community wastes its energy on nonsense or mostly doesn't care

idk
    • Like x 2
  15. Dene Devoted Player

This whole time, I have been reading it as J Pharrah LOL
    • Like x 4
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My FOMO comes from knowing enough people who stop for 6 months or a year, then come back to this pile of tasks they would have knocked out if running daily content, and now need to run that WHILE running current stuff to catch up in CR/Augs. I know I'll never leave the game completely (I'm a glutton for punishment), so I take small breaks once I've completed the 'grindy' stuff for a DLC...and after day 21 generally....although as I have nearly 50 Destiny tokens and really nothing to spend them on other than the occasional SOP pack when leveling DLC augs, I might even drop the day 21 stuff next month. The styles are crap, the stabilizers are removed and the rest is so minimal, the destiny token is all that's worth doing the claim for.

I think Lugo sees my FOMO of the shiny things, like E+ or 'topping the board' so having to have all the sucker driven cash grabs like 'Ally of the month' or the endless accumulation of level 200 artis. If that's it...he's wrong. I stopped giving a crap about that stuff a long time ago.
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I 100% would had said the same.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well I don't really let the game 'own' me, as that would imply spending a lot more time or money on it. I get in most days, run a minimal amount of content like dailies and the current raid...maybe an omni if I have a few buddies on...then get out. There are days, normally after day 21, I just skip getting on at all. Yep....total control over my life.;)

My stance on noobs playing with noobs is that I don't actually believe they 'learn' anything or grow to love the game while running with random high ends, as in Omni. Yeah, a high end player can spoon feed them instructions, or even finish while they stay outside the room, but anyone who has played a long time knows you grew to love the game during the true struggles runs, or (as in the cases of carries by league/friends) when someone was helping you learn because they wanted to...not by force. Assuming new players are able to run 'current' DLC content, even Elite....those will be the runs THEY remember fondly....not a clamped Paradox Wave, Sub-Construct or Inner Sanctum. If they were in those runs with a full group of 'at-level' toons...maybe they would when they finally beat it....but they are not....they will never be even if the CRs all look like they are 'at-level'.

Now....I don't say they grew to love the game any more during carries in pre-clamp either. But I also think the way people got into runs back then was wrong...no doubt about it. But 2 wrongs don't make a right (3 lefts do though)...so a clamp was not what I would have suggested or wanted...however it's what we have....so be it. Personally it hasn't added any more 'fun' to the game for me, in fact I think it's detracted some as I did have fun occasionally 'helping' lower toons with old feats I knew we could crush easily...or more to the point...quickly, and get on with our lives. Helping friends through stuff like that is still kind of fun, but it would have been the same amount previously...so no gain or loss really...other than the loss of time to do the work.

As far as your first line to Raven, which I'll reply to as well as I'm sure he will...is yeah. It's a business. And I do think the game needs to make money. However, when the only 'value' you can get for you money is a never ending chain of leapfrogging allies or arits, or RNG gamble boxes, I'll opt out. Make the content more interesting or overall challenging, and make the membership worth having rather than a discount plan to keep accumulating said allies, artis or gamble boxes.
    • Like x 1
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

THIS x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.000,000
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That's a lot of 0's....
    • Like x 2