Update on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Kurama Active Player

Interesting. I completely understand that something like this takes a long period of time, and even more so if there are personnel problems. What I don't understand is if we will be, almost 6 months with the same DLC, same events, same 3 simple feats in each one, exactly 13 years ago, the time they did the new raid in the anniversary event was something GREAT. I was really hoping for something new since it's been TOO extended. A new modality in some event, new feats, or a SURVIVAL MODE, you completely miss those years when there were 4 annual ones, with different themes, rewards, etc., then they went to an annual one, and then everyone knows how much...I I would really like to see something like this in the game again.
    • Like x 1
  2. iLazy Well-Known Player

Getting The day before vibes here
  3. Ingrando Well-Known Player

I’m still on the PS4 I’m waiting for the PS5 Pro or PS6 to come out
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Waited too long to say something.

The sun's getting low, eh.
  5. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Dunno why, but something told me this would happen (again). That's ok guys, don't worry, we all know you have something way more important to focus on, such as emotes and materials...
    P.S. To the players: don't get your hopes too high, that "Q1" will turn into "Q4" in a couple of weeks hahahahah
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Triumph or Die Well-Known Player

This isn't really surprising to me. Just another disappoinment. The writing is on the wall in regards to this game anyway.
  7. kallader Committed Player

When you know the news is coming so you give peoples wonder twins so they will forget about delay because pure excitement is so a genius move.. - This sarcasm power level IT’S OVER 9000!!!!
  8. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

9. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

60fps is good as it is though. QoL update if that includes more fps, I'd love that in Legends PvP.
  10. PrinceD Active Player

I sincerely hope that it's not just a Client update, it's been taking three years, I hope there's something more, improvements, and I'm not saying graphics, I'm saying gameplay, new things, this year was a difficult year, we had very short content, I hope May this coming year be better and improve with this update :)

• Like x 1
  11. Sollace Well-Known Player

So nothing incredible for the end of the year? sad

#DCeption Universe Online...
    • Like x 1
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

For the record: Each Bioshock game was delated by three months. The players appreciated this when the game came out with little if any issues.
  13. GGreenie New Player

I think green names should regularly remind everyone what exactly the PS5 and XBXS update is going to be.
    It would prevent a lot of disappointment later on.
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

I still don’t think people know what the PS4 client update was compared to the PS3 version.

Some people here seem to seek disappointment ;)
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The console updates are the game running natively on these two platforms, with all the benefits you'd expect from running the game on new hardware. The game itself is unchanged.
    • Like x 3
  16. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

What I want to know is when or if James guns is planning on investing in this game with WB. James gun said nothing can use his stuff unless it's running in unreal 5. so that would mean WB would invest back into the game engine to get ready for 2025 with James guns phase 1 release. Maybe this is why they are delaying the next gen update so much. which would make alot more sense cuz it's very ridiculous it's taking them this many years to pull this off. And covid is no excuse eg7 would have no problem helping to support the game with a bigger development team to get the job done faster. Eg7 has a very big development team of there own which is massive on its own. who are there to help reach a games goal giving this game a pvp mode that's enjoyable and a pve mode that's enjoyable where both are balanced. Graphics won't change how we feel about pve or pvp mode
    • Like x 2
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

They’ve said from the beginning that there will be no change to the actual game it’s just so the game runs smoother on ps5 .. he just said it literally right before this post as well.

I would not get your hopes up that they will be doing any major changes to this game eg7 already said they are not putting money back into the game, no big developments. The game will be the way it is now til the end maybe a few new little shiny things here and there but nothing ground breaking or game changing.

The best we can hope out of James Gunn is that he makes great super hero games. I wouldn’t expect any mmorpgs though.
    • Like x 1
  18. JordanHarold25 New Player

ok, the only thing I really hope is that more content comes, 2 contents per year doesn't sustain the game, I hope that at least things go back to the way they were before after this update.

• Like x 4
  19. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

Whats the point of this supposed "update" then? Why all this hype about it being on Next Gen if nothing is changing......
  20. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

This was announced shortly after launch of the PS5. We are 3 years into this console and it's been delayed several times. If the update is just a 120 FPS update on PS5, I will be incredibly disappointed. But I know with all the delays it's likely to not be more than that. I was hoping this game would be revived with a next gen update, maybe a new engine or at least a complete graphical overhaul to make it look new. Or just a DCUO 2. The lack of transparency about what the update even is does not bode well, either. There's no way this will be good for the game or the players. Nothing but disappointment can come from this.
    • Like x 4