Update on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Longevity? It's 13 years old. For a video game that's a millenia
    • Like x 3
  2. EsperZeru New Player

Too many people have set or are expecting way too much for these next gen versions this isnt your typical single player game as an mmo it needs constant content so seeing people say "its been in development/on the roadmap for years" it really doesn't mean much hardly any of tht was prob working on this because again they needed to to do constant updates and stuff if you know anything about gaming or mmo's on console you will already know this isnt some massive upgrade its more of a QoL update for people tht way on the newer consoles Higher fps, better resolution, faster load times, and will eliminate a handful of issues playing the current versions on the newer consoles so please calm down about your hopes and wishes its not an overhaul or a revamp its just a new client for newer consoles basically a QoL update specifically targeting newer consoles x3
  3. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

EG7 does not have such control over Daybreak.
    https://www.enadglobal7.com/about/
    Think of it as you write a book. It is your book, your characters and your story.
    But you gotta figure ways to make 1000,000 copies and get stores to sell them.
    That and investment and yes Revenue.
  4. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Let's just say that we will agree to disagree on this. Ji Hamm is the acting CEO of EG7 and the CEO of Daybreak. Ji Hamm is clearly directing where the revenue, profit, and investing is going for all EG7/Daybreak funds. Ji Hamm could invest more into DCUO if he wanted, but at present he is choosing not to. I am hoping that the WB/DCU under James Gunn will influence someone to invest more into the DCUO. Just my opinion and hope.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 1
  5. Metallix Active Player

Just get rid of stat clamp or give us a option if we wanna be stat clamp or our regular combat rating it would be fair
  6. Metallix Active Player

Stat clamp destroy the game and y'all wanna claim it's not a problem but it is the game was perfect before stat clamp is down our combat rating after all the hard work we put into our character it's a super hero game but not anymore just some bs y'all shouldn't never done in the first place y'all think clamping us down gonna save the game no it's not
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

People have been saying "its on its last legs" since Day 1. Keep repeating it often enough, and I guess one day they'll be right.
    • Like x 1
  8. GreenLanternJohnA New Player

9. Dirty Paw New Player

Stat Clamp is the only way to enjoy old content, I don't feel like playing a 1-year-old raid where 8 players kill a boss in 1 second.
  10. PrinceD Active Player

I understood your point, but the game itself on PS5 already runs with high FPS, in 2021 we had news that in 2023 we would have the Largest Expansion Content, and they specified exactly a Graphic Update, so yes, people will be frustrated, because 2023 has passed and we haven't got not even close to anything like that.

https://www.enadglobal7.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Q3-2021-Investor-Presentation-November.pdf
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

That graphics update was the biggest thing I've looked forward to with DCUO, since the update getting rid of advanced mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Don't think it's a horrible ask, especially with the confusion as to what the platform updates really mean. If there are graphic updates, that's easy to tease. If it's simply a technical improvement, there are ways of visually demonstrating those, or their impacts on gameplay as well.

So, let's say there are chat issues. People with PS4, PC, and PS5 all trying to communicate with each other is going to be improved because PS5 is in the mix. Not saying that's true, just a hypothetical "technical" example. You could still visually show the problem (show options on each platform) and how it's diagnosed (show the test output and a test input buttons, and explain the tests), then go through the hurdles (may have to create visual aids for that one), and what this update is going to do to overcome those hurdles (more visual aids).

Or, like people are speculating, another hypothetical technical example, fps. You should show that you have the allow 60fps button that's (again hypothetically) going to be replaced by a throttle toggle. You could show that when the toggle is off, and someone has a gpu that can't handle it, it causes this issue (screen tearing, gif of halting, etc).

I know they probably want to spend their resources on doing the work, not documenting the work they're doing. However, it does them a disservice to let people's expectations run rampant. If there's one thing I've seen over the years, is that y'all need a lot of calming down.
    • Like x 1
  14. Metallix Active Player

Man I miss the good old days where we could just join any instance and one shot everything and helping all the newbie players it really made us feel op as an end game player but I have to agree that stat clamp ruined that and it also made half of their players leave now it takes hours just to Q up any instance they mainly focused on the new ones all the other one's are dying out no one wants to run them anymore sadly only way to actually get a good group is by playing with your friends or your league mates
    Just so you can get Carry in don't know how to play y'all roles
  15. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

[IMG]
  16. BigPete7978 New Player

Thank you for the update. Can't wait for the release. :)
  17. EsperZeru New Player

Thts understandable and all but tbh anything anyone promised or said was coming in-between 2019-2024 wasn't realistically gonna happen as this was when the covid outbreak started so it was pretty obvious across the gaming industry plans was gonna get massively delayed especially when most people had to start working from home unless you was big company thn plans was either gonna get scrapped or pushed back a couple years x3
  18. EsperZeru New Player

Also for those saying DCUO is done or on its way out its really not its been around since 2013 and its still fairly active you can run newest content with almost no problem regarding player activity i believe one thing tht would drastically improve the game is the ability to turn off auto stat clamp when doing an alert because older content are almost impossible to run while i agree adding the stat clamp was best overall, not having the option to run things as your current CR is kinda RIP for old content xS
  19. Metallix Active Player

Man I miss the good old days where we could just join any instance and one shot everything and helping all the newbie players it really made us feel op as an end game player but I have to agree that stat clamp ruined that and it also made half of their players leave now it takes hours just to Q up any instance they mainly focused on the new ones all the other one's are dying out no one wants to run them anymore sadly only way to actually get a good group is by playing with your friends or your league mates
  20. Drgnx New Player

Any update Mepps?