Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Captain Shadowhawk Level 30

People. "Female Dancing Partygoer" "Scared Guy" "Titanic Trenton Flexing"
    Interactive items like a TV or radio that you can turn on and off (Have the radio play talk radio like the GTA series with over the top hosts/guests)
    * A Treasure box that allows people other than the base owner to get a random item each day, like some Nth metal, ally favor, or even a stablizer fragment to encourage visiting other player's bases. *
    A guest book that if a player clicks on it the book records the character name of the visitor.
    • Like x 1
  2. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

Generic Vehicles such as cars, trucks amd Vans.
    More basic items such as towel racks, washing machines, a stair railings.
    As for interactive items, The guest book idea mentioned by Captain Shadowhawk would be AMAZING! as would chairs that you can actually sit in.

Honestly though the MAIN thing I would like to see would be some more base themes... Plant, Amazonian, Hellscape... and this last one may sound boring, but I guarantee it would be amazing for every base builder... one sandbox base that doesn't have any alcoves or pillars... just a basic box make the walls one colour set, the ceiling one colour set, and the floor one colours set... watch every prolific base builder go CRAZY on that building opportunity
    • Like x 1
  3. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Maybe large creatures of some description?
    Like a big hydra or snake or eagle or something?
    Dragon even?
    • Like x 1
  4. PandoraLaBella Well-Known Player

I really want a lion/lioness and/or a hound pet for my Amazonian base. Maybe a phoenix pet too (to be fair, I think every pet trinket should have a base pet version of them).
  5. PandoraLaBella Well-Known Player

I think a huge window to them would be more like it. Btw, if they aren't going to let us set our bases in dlc worlds/cities, it would be nice to get windows with a view of each of those worlds, even the on duty ones: Coast City, Blüdhaven, Central City, Smallville, etc. Then a window to Hydra.

I don't know if they can do it, but the spotlight events would be a good way to release those. If they can't do it then they should use the seasonals, including Save the Universe.
    • Like x 2
  6. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

A jacuzzi hot tub
    [IMG]IMG_4638 by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    similar to this past summer’s outdoor pool.
    something you can jump into maybe interactable with bubbles/heat vapor
  7. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

The tall ladder from the cursed gotham dlc solo. Think it's right before the final boss around the corner. Would be great to lead to the catwalk I made of dilapidated bridges.
    • Like x 1
  8. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Here's a way for base items to be more casual and easier to get on the episodes base items.
    Base Items Cache. Choose one of the 5.
    Also adding an episode base item to choose out of the gear choice to the weekly and daily loot reward boxes.
    In the choose loot window in the instanced content for gear choice, a mark, and base items cache.
    • Like x 1
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

My league has been running some old villain side feats lately, and last night we made it to the last boss and found the Phantom Zone Projector. I thought to myself - I would love to have that in my base. Then I thought some more and realized I would like all of the hero and villain Nexus artifacts in my base!

Some of these artifacts have been turned into base items already through different means (Helm of Nabu and Crime Bible to name a couple), but how hard could it be to take the existing artifact in the Nexus raid and just make it a base item? Even if its code is tied to the pedestal, just keep the pedestal there. We need something to display it with anyway!

This is the JLA trophy room idea for our base - 24 pieces of DC Comics lore that could be displayed, and the designs are already coded in the game.

Much like the iconic weapon styles, these 24 artifact base items could be scattered as drops through old, related content (like Phantom Zone Projector in the Phantom Zone alert). This would give a reason to run the older stuff; and a new feat could even be created for getting all 24
    • Like x 1
  10. Pictus New Player

i say anything that has electricity or lighting for i see stuff for other powers (i.e ice, plants)
  11. EthanBlack Level 30

I would like to see some mundane things.
    • A washer and dryer (That runs)
    • a bathroom mirror
    • a broom that sweeps by itself and a rumba to vacuum.
    • a coy pond with a fountain
    • mansion doors that open for you when you get near them.
    • More pets that move around the house. Ghosts, owl, eagle, raven, snake, big spider, plant monsters, turtle, ManBat.
    Less mundane
    • vintage style mad scientist equipment. Like Universal Frankenstein. With electricity flying around and stuff.
    • ghosts that are not silly but cool and creepy and float around the house disappearing and reappearing. Jacob Marley like.
    • An evil old doll that sometimes moves, relocates and giggles.
    • Like x 1
  12. EthanBlack Level 30

This might be off the rails a bit, but I would like a house that is like the mansion, but rather than the bat cave, it is the big theater space where you fight Zatana in the Cursed Gotham solo. I would also like a house of mysteries themed base, and a Swamp Thing themed one.
    • Like x 1
  13. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

Hi Devs. Hope you had a wondrous Thanksgiving. We have have had 2 Shazam, 1 Black Adam, and 2 Wonder Woman movies. Why no posters, statues, or base items. We had the Kandaq dlc with nothing related to the hero’s in base items. The Wonder Woman posters are old ones. No Shazam or Black Adam specific items. No permission again on 3 popular movies? And the 3 color palettes for the Shazam gear are horrible. More Lantern items.
  14. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

II’ve been beating this drum for a while now! Can we please get some of the wall doors/doorways available as floor items? They’d look amazing in some of the bases we have if we could just use them in the open doorways that we already have!
    • Like x 1
  15. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I
    Like this idea. I had the same idea for the art deco doorframe as an archway I could use.
    • Like x 1
  16. shotgunPR Active Player

I’ve been wanting more Gym stuff for years. Like boxing ring and actual treadmill maybe a track or even a basketball hoop and half a court.
  17. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Elevated walkways like this,
    [IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    wall mounted book cases for taller rooms that you can position over the floor standing ones.
    • Like x 1
  18. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I would love to see an Alfred totem base item that would walk around from room to room either dusting or a trey in his hands with towel over his forearm or shoulder and ever few steps saying something like "Master Wayne lending me out to his fellow super hero colleagues is most absurd." Or other funny quips. Each day he would grant you either a buff connected to the Wayne's or batman or the batcave. After enough from a collection you get a reward in the mail batman related like a pedestal with a batarang in a glass case for example. This would have been great paired with the wayne manor base.
  19. Ascended Well-Known Player

Biggest and longest running request: More base NPC's. Specifically, NPC's that don't attract other base pets like the angelic drones. My League Hall is full of those drones and it's great, but when all of them swarm over the Wonder Dog or Krypto it becomes a problem. Ambush Bug seems to be the only 'active' NPC that doesn't attract the drones.

I wouldn't mind some iconic NPC's that talk and wander around, like Lois Lane, Mercy Graves, Alfred, Nubia, etc., but what I'd really like are some generic guys, like nameless scientists, bodyguards, bartenders, etc., that I can place around my bases and League Hall. I need a support staff to keep my base running smoothly while I'm off dealing with the latest Crisis after all! They don't have to talk, or walk, or do anything other than stay where I place them and repeat an emote so they look like they're doing something.

Second biggest and longest running request: League Hall sized tables. Been asking for some high tech tables, preferably with holograms of earth floating above it, for years. Got a normal sized version last year with the Monitor base (I think that's where it came from?) and I totally love it, but it's not big enough for a League Hall. I need a place for a dozen people to sit.

Finally, more vehicles. Tons of iconic options, like Superman's rocket, Wonder Woman's invisible plane, etc., but I'd be just as happy (maybe even more so) with generic ones not tied to any particular character. Motorcycles, cars, whatever.

Oh, honorary mentions...I'm not crazy big on the Iconic bases, like the Brainiac themed one, but I do use a couple and would love to see a 'Green Lantern' base that looks like it's on Oa or something. I'd also like to see a Fortress of Solitude base (giant statue of the Els included please!). And we have some base item bundles for Flash and Batman, what're the odds of getting more of those? I don't do the Iconic bases very much but I *do* use the Iconic bundles and would probably buy any that the devs put together.
    • Like x 1
  20. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

Suggestion for base pets:
    Robots, such as the vendor robots, those big blue robots, the Batman robot, Brainiac worker robots and various drone.

And maybe.... zombies.