Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

Another thing I would like to see is Walls/Dividers that are tall enough to get to the top of the Mansion/HoL walls. Give them a generous hit box so they can still go into regular bases too. but would be nice for people decorating bigger bases didn't have to stop halfway lol
    • Like x 2
  2. Lightning Striike New Player

I would like to see more old comic book covers as posters like detective comics, Batman, legion of superheroes, teen titans, aquaman and super boy. And I would like to see more base pets like ace the bat hound, some power based base items and base pets,
    • Like x 1
  3. Grim Fandango New Player

Light fixtures and more ceiling options in general. Which aren't particularly rare, either.

But being able to place amenities wherever we like is a must, as well as moving the built-in furnishings like the mainframe and dispenser. Make them non-deleteable if you must, but at least let us position $#*@ so that our bases can actually be both attractive and useful, rather than ten times more annoying than what's available elsewhere in the game.
    • Like x 2
  4. BrandyMurdock New Player

A second free Armory is way overdue. I'm maxed out, personally, on my three most used characters, so I'm not too bothered by it... But the game already has such a clamp on free to play, that the least devs could do is give them a second armory. It doesn't even have to be a gift. Having it be purchasable from Dr. Fate would suffice.
    • Like x 1
  5. Chibi Panda New Player

I. Theme-Related Base Decors

Dante's Inferno theme
    Why this One: it matches with Trigon's hellscape aesthetics and demon fashion/interior design. But the difference is the base decors stylistically represent the actual sins and punishments as depicted in this divine comedy.

Examples of base decors for this:
    - Tortured tree of souls
    - Suffering sinners statues (tormented poses)
    - Window portal to Paradiso
    - Wandering tortured souls totem
    - etc.

NOTE: Perhaps to expand on this further. What if we also have "Nine Circles of Hell" lair theme? Instead of going wide the spaces, how about going deeper down?

Alice in Wonderland theme
    Why this One: Among Batman's enemies are the Mad Hatter and the Scarecrow. Combining the elements of both villains, it can give way to a nightmarish version of the Wonderland, quite similar to the style of the game "Alice Madness Returns".

Similarly, this theme synergizes well with existing base items in the game, like with the Springtime and Valentines seasonal decors. Not to mention, this can be a nice complement for players whose character's powerset is mental (or unhinged-character theme from Arkham Asylum).

Examples of base decors for this:
    - Mushroom grove stuff
    - Queen of Hearts Garden (hedge mazes, knave of hearts card soldiers, and whatnot)
    - Mad Tea Party table and chairs
    - The Cheshire Cat totem, Humpty Dumpty totem, the White Rabbit totem
    - Etc.

NOTE: Why not dedicate an entire episode for Batman villains (Mad Hatter and Scarecrow). There are so much potential to explore here, like actually going to a nightmarish version of Wonderland. Vendors can even sell some of such base items.

II. Non-Themed Base Decors:
    1. Diversity of weapon displays (racks/cases/cabinet)
    - Guns/rifles display cases and containers, like the ones in gun shops and military caches.
    - Hanging displays for shields, scythes, long swords, heavy hammers & axes hanging displays (basically, displays for each weapon types)

2. Introduce more interactive base decors (pressing E initiates certain actions), for examples:
    - Food items such as fruit bowls, soder vending machine, etc.
    - Training dummies: pressing E performs striking action like with Sisyphean Stones. Maybe, the animation varies depending on your close-quarter weapon specialization (martial arts, brawling, etc.).
    - Automatic doors (optional: opens/locks on its own when in near it or after quick bio-metric scan from its sensor)
    - Pets that we can actually pet/interact with.
    - etc.

3. Some things that are not yet included:
    Do we have a washing machine and dryer? How about some shelves (wall)? A double-decked bed maybe? Urinals (wall)?

Or, additional displays such as guitar racks, department store clothing racks, or whatnot.

Basically, some things that helps complete a set, stuff we normally find in homes, schools, work areas (like a mechanics workshop tools), or something.

III. Scaling Existing Items
    Some base items are adequate as they are, but larger versions to match the league hall's size would be appreciated. For example, the "Speed Force Tunnel" (large) should seamlessly fit nicely with the league halls's corridors. (And no, I don't want to have a giant toilet, please).

Another are giant statues of DC heroes/villains or of other sculptures, not just those large effigies. The league hall is just too spacious that not able to make most of it is such shame. Plus, having those large items adds to the grandness of the halls; like, we're in the realm of titans and gods.

NOTE: Perhaps offer the option to choose statues of heroes/villains for statuary spots in our league hall. I don't mind if this is another thing we need to collect/purchase.

OPTIONAL:
    IV. Floor and Elevations
    I also like golddragon71's suggestion about elevations with stairs (with railings) and floor walkways.

To add to that, what if we can connect some items to another (for instance, connect a floor tiles/block on top of columns, walls, stairs, and even side-by-side with other floor tiles/blocks).

Or, we can actually stack up some sort of blocks (and able to remove the ones underneath to have the blocks / flooring on top float)—I mean, think of Minecraft. ;D

Sure, this can be more work for the devs and the players. But visualize what both can aspire to. Designing your bases and league halls can be a game within a game, a whole new game of its own.
    • Like x 1
  6. Bowieite Active Player

A Union Jack, like you have that other country's flag on a flagpole, or even just to put on the wall.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Probably already asked for before, but some bases I would like to see:
    Superman Fortress of Solitude Base
    Wonder Woman Themyscira Base
    Flash Museum Base
    Martian Manhunter Mars Base
    Darkseid Apokolips Base
    Lex Luther Tower Base
    Cheetah Animal Base

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 3
  8. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I still can’t believe that with all the Batman Day bonuses and gifts and all the bat themed monthly Dr. Fate rewards, we still haven’t gotten an Ace the Bat Hound base pet yet (or Bat-Mite!)
    • Like x 4
  9. Vedvaengr New Player

If ya could make lamp and light base items act as an environmental light source, that'd be great
    • Like x 4
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

1,000%!
    • Like x 1
  11. Vedvaengr New Player

Not a base item, but advanced base development.

I'd love to see the ability to add on rooms to our bases, attached to the various alcoves that extend from the walls. The rooms would come in small, medium, and large sizes with different floor plans to them.

Would also love the ability to add base item anchors for base mission instances and change their positioning layout.
  12. Chibi Panda New Player

This reminds me of Warframe, a game where players can customize their own clan base. In the game, players have the freedom to choose which types of rooms to connect together. For instance, they can link a connecting corridor to a door, and at one end of the intersection, they can decide to connect it to various options such as a garden, a research lab, obstacle course, halls, or even a hangar or space garage for their spaceship.

Each room is customizable with decorations and painted over. And you can even have multiple floors because there's a small elevator room among the room selection. So players have the freedom to add floors and rooms, granted they can make a strategic floor plans because every room consumes energy (a generator room is a requirement btw).

While this level of customization may seem ambitious, Warframe was able to pull it off nicely. DCUO's graphics isn't even that polished and kind of outdated, so I'm guessing it can be done (maybe).

The concept of base development has potential to make each league hall unique. Although integrating this feature into events such as Alerts and Raids involving league halls may present some challenges.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Right now, I could use more wall and ceiling designs. I can't wait to get the beautiful St. Patrick's Day standing wall today and would like more standing wall designs.

Peace and DCUO Forever
  14. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

City of Heroes did/does that as well; even to the point of being able to build outside terrain.
    (This is NOT an advertisement!)
  15. SolarSniper23 New Player

I would like to see a update for the league hall. League hall needs a teleporter with a slot for urgent warfronts chip. Also a personal bank area and broker. The league halls should be a hub for leagues. Adding amenities would make it more functional to gather raiding parties and run operations from one common place without so much lag from HOL during peak server hours.
    • Like x 3
  16. Bowieite Active Player

Is it not about time to allow more than four bases per character? Or did it change and I missed that update? I mean, you keep forcing base item feats on us, and four bases is not enough to keep the inventory tidy.
  17. valarithtrea New Player

I'd like to see Maple autumn trees in various colors, bushes that are waist high in different seasonal aspects, the Treeline item be reskinned with autumn maple trees and sunset colors in the background, a small woodland cottage that is double the size of the sheds you guys have so I don't have to place two side by side, the enchanted forest skylight reskinned with assorted colored maple leaves, patches of maple leaves like the oak leaves you already have, and as someone else suggested a base with a moonlight ceiling and starry walls that has NO columns at all - free open range space. It is very annoying and frustrating to decorate a base where you can't decorate the way you want and have to come up with second choice solutions to make the base the way you wish it to look. I have two bases where I put the Olympian Door (Narrow) items in a circle and the Celtic statues within the circles and candles beside them. What a frustrating sight when I have to place it between two columns/pillars for the design to work.
  18. valarithtrea New Player

OH and I absolutely love the stained glass hanging lamps in the Gotham Tap Room. I would be ever so grateful if they could be available as well.
  19. ColonelGiveChit New Player

Can you please add a league donation amenity for personal bases we can buy? I feel all my bases incomplete without it.
  20. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

OMG YES!!!! more glowing light sources!!!!