Trollls hmmmm (devs let's talk)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cypharr, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Cypharr Committed Player

Troll is the most useless role in the game, valid they are useful for giving power but they are more useless then useful. Let me explain. Remove solo's & duo's those instances are basically meant for dps. Unto alert's & raids, you basically only need a troll in raids and we all know why (to give power). This should not be the case. Trolls have the potential to be as valuable as tanks & healer. This is why, right now troll debuffs are useless, we can all pretend like it makes a difference but let's be real. I believe you devs just put those debuffs there to fool the population, it literally does nothing. It just a cosmetic mechanic that shows up when you push a button.

Here is what I think should happen, alongside with the only reason you need a troll which is give power, troll debuffs should be significantly improved. When I say significantly I don't mean slightly. Troll debuffs should be significantly improved to where when you have a troll in your team hit the defence debuff the enemy should melt and when a troll hits the damage reduction debuff the enemies damage should be significantly reduced to a point where is clear and noticeable. For the healing debuff figure that out yourself because it very useless but should be in line with my discussion cos as it is healing debuff is just another useless cosmetic mechanic when a troll pushes a botton.

Don't get me started on the battle troll nonsense. They do less damage compared to the potential damage when they play dps role. The debuff they claim to provide alongside mediocre damage is just very stupid cos as I explained above troll debuff are just cosmetic mechanics (devs you are not fooling anybody, if the community believes troll debuff are useful I know the truth, they are useless). The main reason for a troll at the moment which is to give power battle troll can't even do that. I hate it when I Q and there a battle troll in my group cos we are better of not having anyone in troll role and get the roleless buff for trolls.

In summary make troll debuff give 50% or more mitigation to enemies so we can at least use a troll in alerts with 3 dps just as it is written today with 1 healer 3 dps or 1 tank 3 dps for normal alerts and more.

Thanks for listening.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I stopped reading when you said debuffs don’t make a difference.

Maybe the issue is that you and the community do not know how damage works in the game.
    • Like x 16
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

...but you left out Damage and Defense debuffs, group shields and group buffs which make boss fights not only safer but faster.

...and debuffs and shields and stat buffs.

Yes let's. Go run any raid that isn't event without troll. Record the whole raid and post it here. We'll wait.
    • Like x 10
  4. Alushaun Well-Known Player

*thumbs down* o_O

I feel trolls are quite well put together. They can be used with skill in numerous scenarios and creative options are high.
    • Like x 4
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Nonsense.

/thread
    • Like x 2
  6. Ranmaru Developer

If you don't think the defense debuff is working I don't know what to tell you, while I will say there are honest grievances with Trolls and their position in the game; their debuff efficacy is not one of the things on my list. I'm more than happy to talk about the role and where I see it in the meta but I don't have much interest in engaging with bad faith actors.
    • Like x 31
  7. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Same....the debuffs a troll gives are highly useful. Even in alerts where the trolls are debuffing and putting decent damage behind battle trolling....Some of my fastest, and dare I say smoothest runs are with a good troll able to do both, particularly in elite.
    • Like x 8
  8. zNot Loyal Player

May we know where you see the troll in meta? And what the grievances you see with trolls ingame?
  9. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Trolls are very useful in a group, they make everyone do more damage thanks to depuffs, they crowd control and give defence buffs to name a few.
  10. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The problem with this revamp I it's extremely experience heavy towards the player/group experience with the game. The vets have the most experience with this revamp 10 years + which makes the revamp cheese when you add in arts and now allies. New players will not understand what stat revamp means, or how much the players base stats are clamped with this revamp or running alerts with the roleless debuff plus the revamp stat clamp. Raids without a troll have a base stat clamp of 560% that the dps would have to carry. without a troll a troll can take some of that clamp away up to 180% and take it even further with Arts. Here's how that looks like each player takes a stat revamp clamped in raids of 70% each player 70×8 is 560%. Now for alerts 70x 4 is 280% plus you now have to worry about too many dpses in the group can add on a dmg out roleless debuff on those dpses -12% dmg out debuff per dps 4 dps 48% roleless dmg out each dps 110% less dmg out per dps in alerts without a troll. The problem with all this is artifacts are too expensive on players wallets/time that trolls are forgotten, now healers aswell. so everyone focuses on DPS role the DPS Arts are more than powerful enough to carry the group without a troll, so long as the DPSS are very experienced
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Defense Debuff works well and gets stronger with all the other things that can compound on top of it.
    Attack Debuff has some help with a tank that may be a little under geared against the boss, but doesn't have much impact as one thinks.
    Heal Debuff is really just useless 99% of the time and that 1% is a mechanic that is added in for whatever encounter and even then, usually can lunge the enemy that does the heal. So yeah, it could stand to be reworked.

I think a lot of the problems that stem from a controller is what the community created and the devs adopted to help the transition to the current state. As well as how they develop the content to interact with controllers. Most of the time, the controller doesn't have anything else to do except feed power and make sure the red shield is on the enemies. The few times we get content that would require a controller, it still can be overcome with more damage. In the end, it really is the development of content that is at fault here and I'll be honest, the role could disappear and would not impact content completion at this point. Just divy up the role's contribution. (CC > Tank, Debuf > DPS, and Power Heal > Healers.)
    • Like x 3
  12. Miahztwin Committed Player

Try running the alert with your leaguemates? lol sometimes my leaguemates run on their troll and we get 15min CHMe runs because of the debuffs and buffs the troll can provide. I think you are projecting your overall experience as a LFG troll/dps because this isnt the experience of every troll in the game, i can ensure you.
    • Like x 1
  13. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Looks like Godzilla died once more.

Controllers are useful in the game for many reasons. I’m sorry to say that you cannot see that.

If you run an eleet alert without a troll, you get no roleless buffs, so a troll can be helpful to restore power. In raids, there are no roleless buffs, so again you would need a troll to restore power.

Debuffs do help and are more noticed when that ‘cosmetic’ goes from green to red, rather than nothing to red. Find a boss like in the Desecrated Cathedral alert and don’t tell me that each boss is tied to a certain troll debuff. The first boss is defense boosted and you can go pew pew all you want with little success, but use a defense debuff and now the health bar be dropping.

Battle trolls. I love this topic. For all you people out there who suck (power), get gud! Get a loadout and rotation and a spec that doesn’t drain you power bar after 2 seconds of usage. Power trolls are gone as that was long ago. In alerts and roleless buffs, it is more beneficial to have each role so there is no damage penalty of 12% for each role that is missing. It goes faster and smoother having a tank, a troll, a healer, and a dps. Ever notice smaller numbers when a role is missing? That’s why. I go battle troll myself so I can mitigate my damage penalty and provide a lot of damage out (sometimes even more than the dps).

All in all, do some due diligence before posting crap like this.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Exactly. The fastest chme runs (and alerts in general) have been with a battle tank, dps in troll role/battle troll, and 2 dps. Or a dps and battle heal.

Trolls are the most versatile role in the game do to debuffs not requiring stats to be effective. A player can dps in troll role with the def debuff to greatly boost the groups damage. Can help with bosses healing. In elite alerts where there is no role-less buff you can have a dps in troll role to help sustain the groups power. It’s such a versatile role that gets overlooked because of players like the OP unfortunately
    • Like x 1
  15. Sollace Well-Known Player

The big problem with the troll role right now is the fact that the devs have allowed the troll to make a difference between power and precision players, when it would have been better to ensure that the 2 are boosted on an equal footing, without the other being neglected!

That said, in the alerts, the troll role deserves to have more real impact, at least on the boss!
    • Like x 1
  16. Alushaun Well-Known Player

Also, what tells you they are a battle troll?
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They do have real impact. Just because you don’t know how they can improve runs doesn’t meant they lack impact. That’s more of a user error issue than it is an issue with the role
    • Like x 1
  18. Sollace Well-Known Player

Spare us your usual spiel about systematically accusing the user, the real problem is weak dps powers, a weak power is drastically felt in an alert or dps run and even in solo play the experience is felt very differently when you play a strong and weak power.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol no. It’s not bad powers. It’s bad players not understanding how to use a power so they blame the power while assuming they themselves are great. Even when using a “weak” power you should have no issues doing good damage. I have player every single power and never felt the damage was causing me issues. So yes. User error.
    • Like x 3
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5