New powers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tros, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

If you take 5 rage might dps into a raid, will their damage output all be identical? If you take 5 electric prec dps into a raid, will their damage output be identical?

If people want to meta chase, let them meta chase. If people don’t want to put in the effort to “learn a power - atomic tank.” let them choose ice or fire, they may reach a point where they want to change their experience and are more ready to learn an advanced power rather than a beginner power.

You can’t just look at the scoreboard and say it’s the power…to some degree it’s the user and the user’s choices throughout the raid. We’re also assuming that finishing the raid is a given, so everyone got their loot - gg.
    • Like x 2
  2. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Hey Mepps,

This write up is appreciated. Everything you said here is spot on. However, I think in regards to player sticking with there concepts and not necessarily exploring new, maybe the solution is the ease at which it is to bring your Alts to parity with you main toon. I think the game is a point where we could somehow unlock the cr gate on gear. When the game first release, we were able to just Boost a fresh 30 by carrying them through raid to get gear. This imo allowed people to more freely experiment more with multiple characters. If Artifacts and Allies were account bound and we could just trade our trash drops to our alts it would go a long way in having someone say maybe I'll try X power and the time commitment has gone way down. Anecdotally I think people used their alts more 8 to 10 years ago than today due to all the grinding we have to with all these new systems. People could more easily roll a support role that was at the same tier as their main helping groups etc.

People just want their time respected. I started the game at 21 in college and I am now 33. I don't have the same budget for gaming as i did back then. I'm sure other long time players are in the same boat as me. If we aren't actually going to get new leveling content like other MMOs i think a new power to mess around with ever so often is quite acceptable. If that's not feasible shaking up playstyles of our actual powersets in a meaningful way ever couple of years is not far fetched. The game is getting PS5/ Series X/S support but aside from native 4k are we getting a vfx update? The effects got worse looking due to ps3 memory constraints. The current gen consoles have 20 to 32 times the amount of RAM as the PS3. The game should be able to look way better. I don't know about anyone else but Artifacts and Allies don't do enough to make me feel like I am doing something new. The homogenization of the powersets from 2017 or so did more harm to me in that they all feel the same in my hand. Maybe others feel the same .
    • Like x 4
  3. MrGhosty Active Player

I'm

I'm all for using limited resources wisely, and adding new powersets probably have diminishing returns. What seems like it would be easier to do though is start compiling all the abilities that the NPCs use into Iconic skills that would let us augment and adjust our existing characters. The assets are already made, and while I'm sure coding it to work for players versus NPCs will take some work it seems like something much easier to accomplish than an entirely new power set. Additionally, the ability to customize colors of existing powers would give players even more style choices (I know it's been said colors are hard coded in, but changing that code again seems like it would easier than a new power set and would help scratch the same itch) Stuff like power set customization would also be a great thing to add to the store.
  4. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Well as much as we all want new powers, new additional powers to current powers, new movement mode attacks and new movement modes, new weapons and expand weapon attacks, do we still want new legends after all this time?, new allies with awesome bonuses, new artifacts, sidekick customization, new iconic powers, possibly taking current legends toon powers into iconic powers, a new game engine, and visual overhauls and what not.

At least the new emotes are a huge money making success and requires no balance pass.
    Emote Universe Online featuring DC comic characters is what we need to keep this going for another 12 years. And I'll be here then, still.
  5. Dene Devoted Player

Pretty much case closed with Mepp's reply and this reply - but that is just my opinion lol
    • Like x 1
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's another thing that gets on my nerves. When it comes to powers, do players really already have their character concepts or have they just settled for the closest powerset while holding out hope for a new power? Something to chew on.
    • Like x 3
  8. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Hahaha haha funny :).
    • Like x 2
  9. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Another thought… for year’s people have posted about powers being able to go all roles, even pointed out that some powers have pulls/ heals that could play certain parts… I understand that it would take awhile, but even if it took a year to do all tank powers, a year for all healers n so on… atleast it would get done

Going into 2024 i guess we were just told that a the power isn’t coming this year either.
    • Like x 2
  10. Dead13 Well-Known Player

Make a new power n i promise i will play with that, of course if it will make good damage (not low dps's like water n atomic) u can also add new powertree for each power and delete that conseption tank powers healer powers n etc. I think we can delete troll role at all. Ppl dont play with other powers because: Most powers are same (ring powers, atomic and quantum) stop blaiming players that they dont play with other powers. We r not silly, try to find out why ppl r not interested in other powers.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You just proved that there is no reason to add powers.

You will only play a new power if it’s a top dps power. And the reason to not use it is if it’s not good according to players who probably are bad dps to begin with.
    • Like x 1
  12. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

No, of course not. Who could ever think you were "silly" after reading your eloquent and well thought out post? :D

New power coming right up...
    • Like x 2
  13. the solowing Unwavering Player

Now lets say if they do develop the powers, and when it comes out, well not too many people purchased it. Was it worth halting content for 6 months for a power that didnt make much impact?
    • Like x 1
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

If you think atomic is weak I promise you it's user error
  15. Dead13 Well-Known Player

i dont need top damage. Im asking about not to add low damaged dps. I know the pain when u r doing ur best and trying to do everything right. But in the end a new player can damage over u with brawling weapon mastery, Is it bad that im asking appropriate award for my efforts?
  16. Dead13 Well-Known Player

only for melee damage, like earth n ice. In elite plus content it's hard to play with this powers.
  17. Dead13 Well-Known Player

Sry, but english is not my native language. If laughing at the person who knows 2+ language is fine for you, just scroll my message
    • Like x 1
  18. Dead13 Well-Known Player

I tired of open world episodes. Lets return to Atlantis, Gotham and etc. Better spend ur time on new powers or more iconic powers
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The issue isn’t with atomic but with the user. If you keep getting beat by other constantly then maybe the issue is with your set up.
  20. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

English is not my native language either and it was the least of the problems with your post.

Promising to play the new power will not change anybody's mind. You can do good damage with pretty much every power in most situations, if you take time to learn how to use it. You think devs design new powers to do low damage? Why would they do that?

Nobody's going to get rid of roles, because it's a core system in a game like this and changing it more 12 years after game's release is not a workable idea.

Powers are not "the same". And people not only don't mind "ring powers", but many who ask for more want more Lantern powers.