Name Reclaim: Update & Delay

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 11, 2023.

1. Kickback New Player

TO ALL THE ENTITLED WHINEY CRYBABIES WHO ARE COMPLAINING THAT THEY TOOK THE DAY OFF OF WORK TO GET A STUPID NAME FOR A GAME.... THAT IS ON YOU. NO ONE FORCED YOU TO MISS WORK. YOU ARE NOT OWED OR ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION OR GIFTS OF ANY KIND BECAUSE THE NAME RECLAIM DID NOT HAPPEN TODAY. YOU ACTED LIKE A CHILD AND SHIRKED YOUR RESPONSIBILITY ON THE VERY SMALL CHANCE THAT YOU MIGHT GET A NAME THAT YOU WANTED, BUT NEVER HAD A 100% GUARANTEE THAT YOU WOULD GET ANYWAYS.

STOP WHINING. STOP ACTING ENTITLED. GROW UP AND STOP TAKING DAYS OFF OF WORK FOR A GAME.

PS. Thanks for the update Devs. Your hard work is appreciated by the majority of us.
    • Like x 5
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All worlds are back online.
    • Like x 6
  3. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I wanted to think of a good April Fool's joke but it's been delayed.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes. We will rerun everything on the new date. The last thing we want to do is rename someone who is actively in the game.
    • Like x 7
  5. Whazues Well-Known Player

ok so your gonna stop paying membership because of delays. well let's view it like this: choice 1: would you rather have content that is working with hardly any issues upon release after having a delay to have the chance to fix a good portion of the problems? or choice 2: would you rather have content/events that have issues cropping up on release day and having the majority of players spamming complaints about not being able to play properly because of glitches and other issues making it to where they are unable to slect any of their characters or do anything but sit there and spam the chat box with complaints? the Devs was able to catch the issue in time but is having to delay the events release to make sure they can keep it from happening again around June 1st.
  6. HMBoyd Level 30

everyone complaining saying they took a day off work is just sad tbh, if i was an employer and someone took a day off for a video game i’d let that person go. but hey that’s just me, it just sounds like people are mad they didn’t get to scam people with “OG” names by selling them for real or in game money
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Well, if the IT Dept. at Daybreak is like it is where I work, the IT employees work on multiple projects at a time as opposed to one person being able to focus 100% on just one project. This includes Database operations, Programming, Hardware, and IT Support.

In other words, again using where I work as the example only, if a certain range of time on a certain day has been allocated to doing only a certain task, and something goes awry, they will reschedule the task after they have had a meeting with all of the other departments that might be impacted by the Server being down or the line of business software being off line while updates are made, etc.

Such could be the case here at Daybreak. Or the Stat Clamp reverted everything back to Windows Vista.
    • Like x 4
  8. Whazues Well-Known Player

i'm glad to see the down time in place to undo the name changes that wasn't supposed to have happened. I'd like to say Thank you for it because without this extra down time there would of been a ton more complaints.
    • Like x 3
  9. Whazues Well-Known Player

that makes sense to me and i can totally see those whom are taking a personal day off would use a family emergency as an excuse thats how a friend of mine lost his job because he used that excuse 3 days in a row just to participate in an online competition that lasted for 3 days in a row and he got fired because his boss was in the competition and she fired him for telling a lie just to participate in the competition and that boss of his she had her PTO (paid time off) along with her scheduled 2 days off that coincided with that competition so she did not need to make up an excuse she assigned the days off and asked him which days that he might need off for an online competition and he chosed days that it wasn't happening on as his days off and lost his job due to wanting to purposely miss work for a gaming competition
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This right here...

Hey MEPPS can you call my boss and convince him to give me a days pay or my TOR back cause you guys had delays.. that would be sweel thanks hahaa
    • Like x 3
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

i feel like the only compensation for this delay is 2 full sets of the current elite gear (one for each role) a maxed out op chest, and 6 fully leveled artifacts of my choosing...I feel like this is the only fair compensation for this traumatic experience, oh and also 200 free SP... thanks in advanced!:D

*edit* also id like 20 billion unmarked in game currency as well
    • Like x 3
  12. Miahztwin Committed Player

Here’s an entitled person talking about entitled people, telling people how they can spend their vacation days. Also you don’t have to caps lock. This isn’t Twitter.
    • Like x 5
  13. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Of course the reclaim doesn't guarantee that you'll get the name you're after (as many found last time). So had it gone through today, this thread would probably be full of complaints from people who took the day off, and the closest they could get to the name they really wanted was xXxB4tm4nxXx... :(
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

i was gonna ask for 6 fully leveled allies as well but that felt greedy
    • Like x 2
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Silly Jpharrah, everybody knows it has to be a signed excuse on Company letterhead. Do you want the mean lady in HR coming after you?!

A phone call simply won’t do.
    • Like x 3
  17. Tolly Committed Player

When it comes to maintenance rewards, DCUO is way behind, compared to mobile games or even other MMORPGs capable of seeing this gesture as a matter of course at every maintenance, even Amazon Games is able to do it...
  18. Elocin Level 30

Thanks for eveything ya'll do! I appreciate y'all. Keep on rocking lke y'all do!
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, I got up at 4AM on a Friday to find it wasn't going ahead

[IMG]

But it's all good, I just laughed and went back to bed, there was no need to go Karen and you did the right thing. Ignore the haters and people that took a day off work, it's unfortunate they did but they should never be scheduling life around a video game anyway

The people that are super angry about it were probably only looking for names to sell to other players to exploit them anyway :)

Keep up the good work Devs, I appreciate you.
    • Like x 1
  20. Treggs New Player

SET is a command used to update a data field or variable there is no query in what you wrote a query with a command would be more like the following

if (accountLastLogin < 11/05/2023) {
    characternames = characternames + $randomNumber;
    } else {
    moveOn
    }

this is the way you would do it in a language like Java/JavaScript or PHP obviously they are not using these languages but my point still stands I could be wrong I've only been doing programming for 20+ years but feel free to prove me wrong.