(Existing Powersets) strengths and weaknesses Rework/Update abilities!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Sentiency Well-Known Player

This thread seems like it’s quickly devolving to arguments and insults. Can we maybe get back on the subject of ideas we’d like to see for existing powersets?
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They wanted form charges to be optional, they didn't want us to feel compelled to use them so they made them difficult to use.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-4-nature-feedback.284701/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...tats-revamp-1-4-nature-feedback-redux.284837/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-7-nature.287695/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-8-nature.288056/
    • Like x 1
  3. MikeB Level 30

Bro you got really emotional. There was no need for all that. A simple yes or no would have done.
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Mepps

Please don’t close this thread cause it’s resulting in poor behavior … it’s a good discussion on a power set that for one reason or another has been cast aside by a lot of the end game community particularly those in the higher cr range.

Please let us continue to discuss or throw out ideas so the team can check it out and see what works and doesnt work

And what would make it viable with out having to go outside of the power set to get optimal damage

Or go outside if the power set for survivability

But leaving the option open for those that do like using iconics to continue

Please keep this thread going but clean it up if you must.
  5. Zero303 Well-Known Player

i whould love more robot /drone powers for gadgets. that giant turrent seems so comical.
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... Smh. I thought it was a performance issue, but this?... Just goes to show you how players' bright ideas make things worse. Ironically, most of the few Nature DPS left in the game seem to be using forms nowadays, whereas before the revamp it was rarely done, except for Wolf in PvP.
  7. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Cool, "bro". Should be easy to refute, then. But your response is good too. ;) Grab a trophy for participating in conversation.
    • Like x 1
  8. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

I think some better supercharges for Celestial would be nice. The only decent one is Cursed Idol, the others are useless. Someone suggested earlier in the threat to add pets summoned for supercharges which is a great idea. I also think maybe the combos could be faster? I struggle a bit against mobs in alerts because they all die too quickly but I do great against bosses.

This is only for dps though. I think Celestial is perfect when it comes to healing. at least for me. I played water and electric healing and I was always most comfortable with celestial healing
    • Like x 2
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I thought that name yesterday seemed familiar!!! Haha

I’ve always had a love hate relationship with celestial lol. I like it but for my personal play style it doesn’t fit sadly
    • Like x 1
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Atomic isn't as weak as a lot of people think it is. Though ST does rely on Heat Vision but the same can be said of most of the powers. Now that is a much larger issue in itself, but I digress. Atomic AOE is good in melee range. The biggest issue is a lack of ranged AOE DoT especially with how potent the Strat/trans combo is. Though, like I just said, AOE is only strong in melee range which there is a pretty strong melee AOE DoT. But if you're in elite and need to max range AOE you don't even have options there for DoT except heat vision DoT (with Solar Amp) or Freeze Breath (jump cancelled) which of course are iconic, not Atomic powers.

One thing that would help is making the SC generator also an aura activator. That along with the above mentioned ranged AOE DoT and either a slight buff to the extra aura damage or better yet making the aura buff all damage (including weapons) and Atomic would be in a good spot.

One other idea I've had is allowing the aura to heal in DPS role (though not as much as in tank role). That would allow Atomic to get more out of Larnea's Amulet than other powers could. I'm not a fan of marrying a powers efficacy to a specific artifact but I do think that building on a powers unique properties (the aura in this case) is a better and more interesting way to improve a power than a generic output number buff or giving it new powers or modifying existing powers to be more similar to others on the game making it more cookie cutter and less unique.
    • Like x 4
  11. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

A Supercharge pass would be step in the right direction for balancing DPS powers. This EoG meta is showing the true power of SC abilities like Ice Elemental, Berserk and Circuit Breaker. Entomb is another good one as well BUT after that the supercharges 5000 cost doesn’t scale with the damage dealt or it’s a 10K and let’s be honest pretty much nobody runs a 10k (they either need to be buffed or just reduce SC to 5000). If your toon isn’t Ice, Electric, Rage or Earth you’re pretty much using the new WoP. Which is another iconic power lol. So in a ST load out you might have HV, RS and WoP, which definitely is not the most fun way to play your power set
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

To be fair, it’s common practice for games to require players to go outside of their class to min max. Even pokemon has egg moves and TMs. It’s common practice and can’t think of a single game that doesn’t do this.
    • Like x 2
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Agreed,hope they can revisit this idea and do a SC rebalance, it gets way further amplified by EoG as you said showing their true potential with this artifact i use berserker and its crazy how good it is..
    • Like x 2
  14. L T Devoted Player

Atomic Issues/suggestions:
    General: all abilities should benefit from either Dazed or QG Aura, rather than one or the other.
    • Irradiate: should benefit from PI instead of applying it, and not overwrite itself. Alternately, increase the cost, cool down, and damage.
    • Unleash Antimatter: make aura shortcut. Buff damage due to limited range, or else make it clip abilities like Earth's Unstoppable.
    • Radiation Burn: buff 10ish %
    • Energize: decrease cost to 2500, and make effects basically a reskin of Pheromone Bloom
    • Radiation Shower: rework either as DoT PI Applier or high cost full range burst
    • Ionizing Eruption: rework either as DoT PI Applier or high cost full range burst
    • Beta Surge: Increase damage or make max range
    • Particle Beam: shorten animation/dovetail to match Earth's pebble blast. Alternately, consider making it a combo ability.
    • Density: increase total mitigation and make partial shield like Fire's Immolation.
    Atomic DPS isn't completely awful at the moment. It doesn't have great pure AOE or pure single target, but it does decently well if what you want is mostly single target with splash damage. The Grim artifact is weak for Atomic because your combos don't benefit from dazed. Also, it has some truly useless abilities.
    • Like x 4
  15. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Excellent suggestions. This would absolutely help Atomic be more competitive in DPS role.
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Roth Committed Player

now that I think about it, besides Cursed Idol I haven't seen anyone use any other Celestial supercharges

Didn't Sacrifice also used to give power back or am I misremembering?
    • Like x 2
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

A Supercharge pass is definately needed at the moment. If you choose not the change EOG then review each supercharge, the cost and damage amount.
    • Like x 2
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I like all your ideas a lot of them are a lot of what I think as well… i have a few questions since I know you and I have discussed this power before in the old atomic thread years ago

What do you think is the issue with atomic tanking that is keeping it from being a sought after tank for elite .. I know the things that frustrate it for me are the lack of mobility and being able to do counters between animations of combos

I I dunno if this would make it too op but .. do you think adding a small hot after a combo would be out of line, along side maybe making combos increase the damage absorption of the aura ? Meaning as of now the aura while it’s up gives us 25% absorption… let’s say we take atom splitter for example but any combo is going to work this way .. but ok so you activate atom splitter than the first part of the combo would give you 10% increase to the aura absorption for a set amount of seconds putting you at now 35% absorption and then doing the second combo it would refresh the timer on the clock for the increased aborption and an additional 5% absorption putting it at 40% for I dunno 3-5 seconds (I’m just giving an example) and this would coincide with a slight 3 tick hot or it could just increase the amount healed for rather than 2% of health maybe make it 2% of your dom ? Just shooting ideas of what you think..

I’d also like to be able to block cancel or lunge cancel out of combo for counter effects and skull one shots

Another thing is your change to energize. While I like the change and if the cost is lowered and unleash anti matter became out one click aura activator it would definitely make your version of energize more sought after as an oh **** super charge for a tank … i like my idea of making it a buff to damage along with giving it tanking buffs as well like ice elemental. However if scoop up your version for tanking cause that would be great in those moments the healers go down etc and your shield is on cool down.

Also your idea of changing particle beam to a combo is great makes me rethink my idea for Fractrue… making fracture a combo would be cool especially in tank stance if you are a tank who wants to put two combos in making fracture a combo that teleports your to your target with an upper cut then the conbo version could be an aoe knock up to all surrounding enemies.

Anyway glad to see you still around and seeing your input
    • Like x 1
  19. L T Devoted Player

Thanks the encouragement means a lot to me.

Spord (remember him?) designed Atomic Tanking to be constantly doing combos to regenerate your health. It was "calibrated" against the other tanks based on how many combos you were expected to complete in a given stretch of time vs how often you'd be countered, and Atomic Tanks were expected to have at least 2 combos on their load out bar so they could counter.

So Stats Revamp, removing counters from abilities, completely broke Atomic Tanking. I pointed it out at the time, and was told "play it and see how you like it..." Years later I can say... "meh". Atomic Tanking is definitely not what it was. It's now Ice Tanking Lite--- less defense, run lots of shields, juggle adds real well and regen your health on your own when you can. Not nearly as fun as it once was. That having been said, the last 2 episodes Elite raids are totally doable with Atomic (E+ is too much bother for me I haven't tried).

None of that is completely out of line, but really for Atomic to go back to what it was, the combos have to go back to countering/being able to be countered. That impacts DPS too. And maybe other power sets also. I wouldn't count on that kind of change happening anytime soon.

Granting Aura is something I kind of left unsaid. Buffing like Ice Elemental in addition to healing is actually a really good idea-- though something like that is keeping it in the 5000 class. My line of thinking was that since Tanks don't generally build supercharge super fast so a quick and dirty cheap supercharge could benefit Atomic. But a second 5000 cost super that's actually useful would be good also-- the point is the Energize is not really useful as-is.
    • Like x 1
  20. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

-Bring Dark Pact back for Celestial and make it a supercharge like Circuit Breaker
    -Remove the stepping forward when casting Plague
    -Increase the duration of the Death Mark shield

-Give weapon mastery to ice elemental
    -Increase the range of Arctic Gust and Impaling Ice
    -Give Avalanche PI bonus damage