DCUO Development Update - January 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2023.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I agree with this. A video game reviewer make a video about “quit moments” these are moments that a brand new player might run into and make the player want to stop playing and quit. Game crashes are a huge issue. A new player coming of the ship warping out of their safe house and… crashing… is a terrible experience. While I get they want to make more money and emotes will probably do that, fixing the games stability should be a top priority. However, that’s easy for us to say. That requires more work than it seems. Maybe they are working on it and we don’t know to what extent, but game developers do have different departments. The ones who work on cosmetics and possible emotes are not the same ones that work on game stability for example. If they have the department than there is no point in having them lounge around and do nothing.
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Mepps (I think) made a comment as a reply that mentioned wonderverse. Should be in recent staff post.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And what indications do you have that game is “driving towards a cliff”? You have already shown that you can’t comprehend the difference between person taste and the games overall health. This very basic concept as alluded you since your first account.

And arts/allies being items that you “have” to mostly pay for is also funny. Just can’t you can’t understand how to level these up for free doesn’t mean they you “have” to pay for them lol
    • Like x 1
  4. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Sigh...

Would you stop pretending that those items aren't designed to cost money... It's just sad at this point.

And given that there is no real data to contradict my personal views... and yes you can't comprehend the difference between views and tastes..
    When the observable supports those views... Those views are all you can go on until data is presented that shows otherwise...

And, unless you have some source of information that you ain't telling us about....

My personal views have as much merit as yours.
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I should have been more clear on this...

I'm not really a "The sky is falling" person here.

I'm not saying that I really think the game is heading towards a cliff.... but, I get how other people do....

(Yes... I think the game has made some bad turns of late.... you know of one in particular...)

I'm just pointing out that your defense against their argument is rather unwarranted and willfully close-minded... and rather predictable.
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Of course they are designed to make money. When did I say they weren’t lol. It’s a business. Businesses want money. Or did you get confused and think it was a charity?

Yes it was (obviously) designed to make money. That however does not mean you “have” to spend money on them. Let me try a different approach.

How much nth metal do you CURRENTLY have saved up?
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ah closed minded.. you mean the way said in the original response that I wasn’t thrilled about the wonderverse boss system? Or how in other replies I’ve also mentioned how I’m not a fan of the emote system or the games stability? Unlike you, I’m able to separate my personal feelings from actual facts.
    • Like x 2
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

None... Those things suck up nth metal like crack...

I can guess where this is going.... but, proceed.
  9. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

No... You're just selective on what facts you focus on...

You've now switched from the "driving towards the cliff" aspect of their argument to the things you agree with them on... as long as you don't say that it leads you to the same conclusion that they came to.... that the game is "driving towards the cliff".
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'm surprised there haven't been more threads about the missing emotes. If this was intentional preparing us for an "emote revamp" I missed the announcement. I went to wave goodbye after a successful instance and noticed i was dancing instead of just giving a wave.

I don't like that our first option is not a wave. Dancing is fun and now that I'm used to the "new" list I've adjusted but I miss that some of the emotes I do use in game are missing.

What I'm hoping to see besides a few new emotes is the ability to create my own "quick emote" list even if its limited to just a few.
    • Like x 4
  11. Eve YouTuber

Mepps confirmed it wasn't intended, they are not keeping the list like that, and they are not taking our existing emotes, either. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Good morning everyone!

I think there is a lot of disappointment being voiced here concerning the disclosure of the 2023 Roadmap. It is just an outline of what the Company is working on for the present and near future. It is a summary if you will of all the work currently going on by the Company. Don't distress over the lack of details. Nowhere does it say the open world bosses will be like Wonderverse. We don't know. More details will be given when the Company is ready to divulge to us.

We do know they are working on the PS5 client and XBOX client. These kinds of projects are very complex in nature with all kinds of technical challenges that I am sure have vexed the programmers who are working on it. I am certain they want us to have a fully functioning PS5 client and XBOX client as much as we do. These things can only go so fast and we don't know what challenges the programmers have faced and are currently facing. I know how the programmers at the company I work for get frustrated when faced with a challenging project with a tight timeline and things don't work out as expected.

Emotes are a trifle to some but are desired to others. It's a nicety we are getting and I admit I will mostly be one of the first to get an emote or two. The emotes are mostly being developed by a totally different team than the team working on the PS5 client. Again, I am going by the example set by the company I work for where there are several different teams working on their own projects. If a person on Team A can help with a problem Team C is experiencing, the Team A person helps and then goes back to their own duties.

I think the frustration comes from a place of wanting more details, and dashed expectations of hearing about something you held important but never got mentioned. The roadmap my company lays out for the year is just that, a general roadmap that can change and gets modified. It is just a general guide. I believe it is the same here in our case for DCUO.

Just don't despair. Don't give up hope. Try to enjoy what we have right now. The future will take care of itself.
    • Like x 2
  13. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I think the devs have learned not to give out too much detail...

Remember when they announced Grodd as a future LvPe character?.....

And I agree with the sentiment.
    • Like x 2
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Apparently you don’t if you think it takes much effort lol. Again, how much nth metal have you saved up?

Still unable to see the forest through the trees…

I didn’t switched anything. There were things I disliked while also things that show they listen. Neither is any indication to what direct the game is heading. The games long term health is far more important that any individuals sense of entitlement.
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This I agree with. The devs have stopped giving to much detail until it is near guaranteed. Every time they’ve had to push something back the community goes crazy
    • Like x 2
  16. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Do I have to make the same answer again.... Did you not read it the first time?

I'll ignore the rest... I'm not getting into a semantics argument with you about what "focus" really means....
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So you have absolutely no nth metal. So I’m other words you use nth metal as soon as you get it and do not take advantage of any artifact related feats. So you are basing the difficult of maxing arts out on your own inability to have self control?

Why not save up nth metal and store them on an alt? They are account bound. Don’t have an alt to store them in? Why not make an alt specifically to store nth metal in? What exactly is preventing you from taking advantage of these events the devs often do?

Most playing crying about arts being pay to win tend to be the exact same people who level up arts extremely inefficiently.
    • Like x 2
  18. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I never said that it was difficult.... just that it was designed to make money.... Spending money isn't difficult.

And sorry if I don't wait months to do the thing that they were designed to do...

19. Learnmoretalkless New Player

Everyone is excited for emotes just goes to show the amount of content that isn’t in the game to begin with.

No new powers water was released on August 30,2017 that’s going on 6 years now there’s no excuse for that.For a game based on powers
    No PS5 client
    No new movements
    No new weapons
    No attempt to stop PvP hackers where’s the integrity for the players who pay for this game that y’all can’t stop speed hackers on a server sided game.
    No graphics changes in the near future,water in the game looks like chrome
    The same graphics going on 10 years now have you seen the way NPCs run or the way cars drive around and explode into chunks of pieces?
    Broken economy no attempt on trying to fix that issue I feel bad for any new players trying to get styles that are years old or anything from booster bundle.

4 months in between DLCs
    Some people are confused thinking Summer and fall are close together when summer starts june 21 and winter doesn’t start until December 21st

No attempt on stat clamp toggle for individuals that don’t want to be stat clamped in solos/duos/walk ins

4 months of membership is $60 and In between those months you don’t get anything but Exp towards artifacts you may already have maxed
    and since there are only niche artifacts in comparison to your respective roles for your power that means your Exp is sitting somewhere until the next best artifact comes out.

Looking from the outside in starting playing 2011 to what DCUO is today.One can see why the existing player base is excited over emotes.
    • Like x 4
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And who is arguing that they were designed to make money? No one. Not a single person. Company makes a product and company expects to make money. Not a hard concept to grasp. However you’re complaints about arts taking long or “encouraging” to spend is something that’s self inflected. Taking months to do while you’re purposefully making it take longer.
    • Like x 1