I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I stopped posting in this thread for weeks, it's been off the main page more than 3 times, but, you, keep rezzing it, just saying lol
    • Like x 1
  2. Dene Devoted Player

I stopped too - ironiically - at the same time

OH MY GOD we are the same person
    • Like x 1
  3. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Everybody stopped posting on here for about 3 weeks..

O....M.......G....

EVERYBODY HERE IS THE CON!!! [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Dene Devoted Player

i wouldn't have the stamina or personality lol
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

To be fair, posting stopped back in Dec (the 18th)....!!!Deathstroke got it going again Sunday (Jan 8th)....so it wasn't GhostRyder3000 who rezzed it, it was the OP.

Didn't go back for previous lulls, but I think 20 days was the longest it's been off the main page and the closest to 'dead' as we've gotten. SINCE the 8th, I think we've all contributed to the following 7 pages(yes...more than a page a day) of growth for 'The greatest thread of all time!!!'
    • Like x 2
  6. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

He probably thinks that's me, too.

Which is streets ahead of any "I Like The Clamp" thread which usually dies after a few replies.
    [Insert Chevy Chase photo]

Maybe one side likes to argue far more than the other?
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Ok cool, let's stop posting in here from today and see what happens next lol :D
    • Like x 1
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Speed hackers ruin the game and it leads me to believe people who are against stat clamp are the ones speed hacking. Just did God's and Monster and some PC player speed hacked his way. Of course the chat didn't care because one person in particular was like "so what? If it helps, y'all are so ###$ing stupid"
    • Like x 1
  9. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

And that will continue unless the Speed Hacker in question is reported. Email their details in to the devs. Think its something like cheaters@dcuniverseonline.com
  10. STsource Well-Known Player

Look, players have some valid points for and against the clamp but the real evidence is in the numbers; Do they have more now after stats clamp? Cause if they do not and stats is prime reason expect some minor changes in the future.

230+ page not going to make much of a difference tbh
    • Like x 3
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Doubtful...but let's give it a shot.;)

I went back and looked because I wanted to say you got back on it first, but unfortunately I beat you to it this time. However, my post wasn't really about the clamp as much as it was a jibe at RavNoc's pointing out of EQ2 as another game that allows unclamped...or less clamped... with rewards, and the fact that it's run by the same company. You DID go right back to the actual 'no feats no rewards' when it started back up the next day though.

I have more of an issue NOT posting something I at least think is funny, rather than actually posting about the topic at this point. I am 100% sure it won't amount to anything....at least as much as just refusing or limiting my participation in game, will. But the funnies? Yeah, I'm always going to drop those in.
    • Like x 3
  12. llllDeathstroke Active Player

You are correct but you do have to keep in mind though how my alerts notification feed looks like.
    I don’t use the forums that much but whenever i login I can’t help but notice the tons of notifications i’m still receiving from this post.

If I remember correctly it wasn’t me that commented 4.6k+ times. (You can literally count my comments on your fingers)
    I didn’t know this post would blow up the way it did.
    Sure, I am the one that made it but all the credit goes to all of you for keeping the fire going.

Anyways, this is going to be my last comment on this post and like I mentioned before i have already quit this game, so you’re probably never gonna hear from me again after this and hopefully the post dies alongside this comment.

I know deep down that even if we got to a million views/comments, nothing will probably change.
    The Devs team clearly got their focus in another realm different from ours, their priorities right now is to make you guys some new emotes even though i’m sure many of you probably want actual changes that contribute to making this game better.

2011-2022 it has been a fun ride, the game sure had its moments.

Good luck to all of you, forever signing out.
    • Like x 4
  13. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

This saddens me.
    • Like x 1
  14. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

So wait... You think all the speed hackers are against the clamp? So.. The people who can kill bosses abnormally fast anyways in a few seconds... are complaining they cant kill the boss faster and ruin the experience???? Hello?
    • Like x 3
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

All? Don't put words in my mouth never said all. Your post is confusing as well because nowhere did I even mention that there was an issue killing a boss nor that it was being done slow. If players don't want to do clamp content because they don't feel powerful it's safe to assume they'll speed hack and that's what I saw. Hello??
  16. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

it leads me to believe people who are against stat clamp are the ones speed hacking
    This doesnt mean "Speed hackers are the one against the clamp"? I know i said all, but by what you said you implied that people who are for the clamp dont speed hack at all.
    The reason for the clamp is to stop killing everything so quick, breaking the game and to have players enjoy the content at specific levels.
    If clamp was not there, people would be killing the boss fast regardless of speed hacking anyways so why would speed hackers, the ones who can kill the boss the fastest out of anyone regardless of the clamp or not, care about a clamp?
    • Like x 3
  17. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

That's cap and can easily be verified by using the search bar in the top right corner of this page. There has never been a more divisive topic than the clamp. And that includes WM, AM, revamp, speed hacking and any other topic.
    • Like x 3
  18. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I wasn't bagging on you....I was just saying it wasn't GhostRyder3000 that kicked it back off. I mean you do you....but the point wasn't about you. Honestly, as the OP, I'd expect you to comment on occasion.

Anyhoo....if you gotta go....

Can I have your stuff?

PS...Proxy that does not count. I didn't even say the amp-clay word.:p
    • Like x 2
  20. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Sorry.... I'm not arguing in the other thread... but I gotsta do what I gotsta do:

This is all anyone wants... and just what the anti-clampers want.

And most of the that was before the clamp.....

We don't have to look it up.... You'll tell us... ad nauseam.

Except for every player in the game.
    • Like x 1