DCUO Development Update - January 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2023.

1. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

The next Gen clients; I wish I could get a little more information on when. When I play on my PS5, and it's only been twice. It does a hard shutdown. I am now moved back to my PS4, as the only game I play on it is DC.
  2. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Hey Mepps, any updates on the DCUO census ever working again?
    • Like x 4
  3. myandria Item Storage

Well...

I'm glad that we are only getting one raid; the two that we have for Black Adam are too short and should have been put together for a more comprehensive and meaningful raid. One less raid means 10 less feats to worry about. :D
    • Like x 2
  4. Clothez Active Player

100% agree with this. After all this time and with what they say is limited ability, while an emote system is ok, is it really what the devs should be focusing on? I mean seriously lol. There's so many things that could use the focus instead of making an emote system. Such as actually attempting to balance the game in some sort of way or fixing the issues the game already has. I also dislike crashing 16 times a day and being terrified to enter a teleporter for fear I'll crash. Another thing that we should be able to do is transfer artifacts between characters. It's so stupid that I can't use artifacts that just sit there on one character, and put it on my alt. The only thing I can think that would prevent this QoL, is greed on their part. But hey it's a business I get it, but still, let us have something for all we pay you for, and how little we get in return.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Agree with all of this except selling PVP feats, love you :D

#FixPVP

Edit oh in addition would like to add.

Devs, please update the events each year, it would be really nice if we got more instances each year, like a new solo or a duo or even a raid, imagine a Christmas raid with Larfleeze as a boss. Good times would be had.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dene Devoted Player

Can't wait to see Controller's reaction to this LOL
    • Like x 4
  7. tiberiusblood New Player

Why can't you make new powers or animal fighting style and weapons ? I'm waiting till this is done to come back. There should be a different power for every character you can build.
  8. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Where is the lead, nowadays mepps is like the only one using the forums
  9. Ergotth Committed Player

New Emotes? Oh please, please, PAH-LEASE add a Facepalm emote! You guys have no idea how long I wanted this!
  10. Incineration Inferno Active Player

I respect your opinion and can understand your points on this. While I cannot speak for everyone on the game, I'm just trying to explain my thoughts and feelings on what alot of end game veterans I know have been talking about and feeling over the years when they do the single raid set up. With that being said I have a few questions related to your reply to my statement.

So if we are now only getting one raid(which most of the population that I know has never liked), let's say for a hypothetical example they combined the two current Black Adam related raids to a more in-depth and longer raid.

1.) Are we going to be getting the same DLC marks as the two we had?
    2.) Or now run a ridiculously long raid for half of the renoun(compared to two raids with a DLC)?
    3.) Will we get the same amount of loot drops as the two raids?
    4.) Won't this require us too use double the amount of replay badges to reset the same Elite Raid over and over and over and be very bored with it within the first 1 1/2 months?
    5.) Regarding the 10 less feats statement, this doesn't mean you will necessarily get less feats to do, they'll just be more to do in the longer raid.
    6.) While I was in the hospital and completely missed Patchwork, 31st, etc., when I came back to grind all the feats out all I kept hearing was how much people hated these two DLC's and "once they were done they weren't running them anymore due to the ridiculously high counter feats tied to each individual bounties"(not my words).
    7.) Another main reason myself and alot of end game veterans I know have hated single raid DLC's is this..what happens if the raid is glitched out like Justice Dark for a ridiculously long time and the feats in Elite are unachievable? It took forever to get that bug fixed. Do we spam Elite Alerts?

Please understand, not trying to be rude or meaning disrespect in any way.

These are just issues that we have experienced first hand because we've been around so long to see it.

I'm very much looking forward to this New DLC but I can't pretend to be thrilled with the single raid news , just as you seem as excited to have it.

Either way I'm, sure we'll both be here on launch

Please excuse my many grammatical errors still recovering from the surgery in aquatic therapy and on alot of prescription medications, thank you for your time.
  11. Eve YouTuber

Staff tracker shows some Devs were active this week (Cardboard and Ranmaru), so this statement is false. They might not be on the forums every single minute but they do reply and post occasionally. I'm not sure why Panderus didn't post the Dev update, probably busy. Our current Devs aren't as active as Oceans, Megzilla or Charon were. And they can't be forced to be, either.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Thought the same thing. lol
    • Like x 2
  13. Incineration Inferno Active Player

14. Incineration Inferno Active Player

I can agree with the frustration of burning out being self inflicted to a point within a few weeks, but that wasn't my intention when writing this.

I was simply stating that when you only have very limited content the game becomes extremely boring and tedious very quickly. You can only run so many bounties and the same exact raid so many times, replay badges or not.(I don't have this luxury being out on LTD from major surgery).

I spent a ridiculous amount of money on this game over the past 12 years and still spend what I can afford today.

I wasn't speaking of running the same raid out over a period of a few weeks but even buy month 2 same raid over and over again is boring and it becomes a much larger pay to win because now instead of two raids of renoun and marks, it's one.

So if you are an Elite end game player (max sp or close, etc.)who has been around and played this game (gradually, as it was released) for all this time for the love of it you don't have that much to do in the game anymore and most of us don't enjoy going back into much older content to be nerfed for not much reward.

I'm all for two Epic and Amazing Raids that's are longer but the renoun and marks need to be just for the work. We used to spend 4 to 5 hours in some raids waaay back in tier 2 and tier 3 and they weren't even elite(it didn't exist).

I'm not against any of this type of content but 1 Raid is just boring waaay to quickly, regardless of how you play it. It leaves us standing around with not alot to do but again I can respect and see your side for the ones who still need older content, just not at the expense of the veteran players still hanging on(not assuming you aren't) who helped build/keep this game going to make 12 years.

Sorry my my grammatical errors again and thank you.[/quote]
  15. Myoxz Well-Known Player

Well, you see, there're people that are never satistied. You offer a new episode with a whole kind of new items (including the launching on next gen consoles), yet they want more. Mark my words, the very day Mepps announces a new power there will be no shortage of those asking about a new weapon or even PvP.
    • Like x 1
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I agree I have no problem with monetization if its cosmetic with no feats attached but we all know they don't care about that issue simply because of time capsules..
    They can monetize these as I know they will. I just wanted them to know we can read between the lines

I hope not as that would be pretty shady, its clearly not feat worthy to be able to breakdance or shuffle in game or what ever emote dances they come up with
  17. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Statement is not false zoe. I said “ mepps IS LIKE the only dev using the forums, meaning there are others but thats barely the case. Zoe.

Had i said “ mepps IS the only dev using the forums” that would be false. Zoe.

Either way, traditionally this yearly announcement came from the lead.. my question is why this new lead isn’t as interactive as ones in the past
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

honestly miss the old block were we could give and actual tea bag to your adversary. its just not as satisfyingly with the way block works in its current form
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

every addition makes the pay gap further and further
  20. Eve YouTuber

Mepps is not a Dev, he's the community manager. So obviously, he is more active than all of them. Also chill, I wasn't targeting you in any way. I actually agreed that they aren't as active as the other Devs we used to have. Panderus is not the new lead, he is the Producer but he is not replacing Jackster Who was the head of the Studio. So it might be awhile before we actually see anyone steps in his shoes if at all (Can choose not to intreact aswell)
    • Like x 4