Why are open world dlcs stat clamped?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnboundHeavenlyDemon, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Proxystar #Perception

No, I can still do it even now, so it's not "used to be able to do it", the reason you can't do it, is because you are doing it wrong
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Funny, you say "building their character to do so" not realising that the reason you're failing in EEG is because you're not building your character :cool:
    • Like x 1
  3. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

OR... Now, hear me out.

Knock off the clamp so we can all do it - like we used to - without having to create these hybrid builds after we build our dps and our main role builds... just so we can solo it - like we used to.

And... the hybrid role I hear the most is "battle tank"... does that mean that non-tankable powers aren't able to do this?

And:
    IF WE CAN SOLO IT WITH THE CLAMP... THEN THE POINT OF THE CLAMP IS POINTLESS.
    • Like x 3
  4. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

This, so much this.

The Clamp (really does sound like a disease) created a significant class system:

The Elite: We have all the feats from preclamp when we soloed for them all and gained them with ease. The handful you couldn't solo were easy to get groups for with a shout.
    And under Elite you have the me and Tiffany types that are chill with new players getting easy feats. Then you have the gatekeepy scoreboard chasers outraged at the idea of new players being competition for that top score board. I've been in groups with them, they REALLY want that top score and for newbies to be throttled on feats its why NOT one of th very many options mentioned has been approved by this miniscule but vocal group.

Everyone Else: New and old players alike. New show up and ditch after learning about the feat grind and how things were preclamp. And the old players that left already or went free player and just do some base decor and maybe the newest content then ditch again.

I want to see the game thrive but its just the same faces in the House of Legends and the endless shouts for selling money from scammers that still has never been addressed.
    • Like x 4
  5. Proxystar #Perception

OR.... Now, hear me out.

You could just put in the necessary required effort to achieve the desired result.

It also isn't that you're supposed to solo these things, it's just that with the correct build you can, you will always, always be better off doing them with other people.

And, No, I've already proven the requirement for a battle tank to not be true, last time this thread came up

and that was just a hack and slash hard light build I put together in 10 seconds, because I don't usually play the power

edit' - oh and I was over killing the survival to be on the safe side, more damage could be put in to that build oh that's right and to top it off I wasn't even in controller role, just stayed dps :cool::cool:
    • Like x 1
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

Adding in clamped content enabled them to return source marks to all content that then enabled them to create omnibus (random grouping of many instances) and remove combat relevancy.

The point of the clamp is not to prevent soloing content, it just adds more resistance (as some as showing you…it is still possible with enough effort and utilizing all your tools and trinkets.
    • Like x 2
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

You mean we get the things that I feel that they shouldn't taken away in the first place??.... Thanks!:rolleyes:

Yes..

We are well aware of the fact that they took away our strength/stats so they can sell them back to us via allies, artifacts, and augments.
    • Like x 1
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

What if I told you that you can still solo a boss without allies, augments, or artifacts?
    • Like x 2
  9. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Why does this sound like the start of an infomercial? o_O
    • Like x 1
  10. Grim931 Committed Player

You realize you don't get to dictate what is or isn't a relevant test... right? It all adds up, and it should all add up the same way. If anything, this is EASIER to test/highlight the condition being brought up. It could also point out something wrong. Why are you so quick to dismiss it or categorize it as stupid? Because it doesn't align with how the clamp should be working?

A comparison is a comparison, be it trash mob/bounty. As long as it's in the same category, it should remain on a constant linear scale.

Thought you meant actually getting on test server, so that was my mistake. As far as the video goes, I've done that for you once and it was ignored. I'm not going to go through all the effort to highlight a point and have it be disregarded, especially for someone like you who can move the goal posts whenever they see fit.

And missed the point... yet again. I'm saying augments can be streamlined. There's no need for 30-40-50 different augments. Never said it was complicated, but it's not the most user-friendly aspect of the game. Especially if it's someone new trying to level them up. Would be more beneficial and less time consuming to focus on one set, rather than 30 different ones by the time they catch up to end game and decide to go back.
    • Like x 3
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Clamping wasn't a thing (except for maybe seasonal instances) back when I wrote that.

*checks date* Goodness, that'll be ten years old this summer. :eek:

Anyhow, I was at a disadvantage during all that. I've always underplayed my characters, so my SP totals were low and any mods I had weren't top of the line. It was also before Advanced Mechanics or Weapon Mastery became part of the meta, and even after they did I never relied on them.

If it somehow ended up being clamped now? I'd be at an advantage trying it on characters now, because I'd have all my extras like Artifacts and spent SP bleeding through to boost my stats AND my CR would be higher than that of the Sub Avatars. The clamp would just mean the fight would be like it was before: requiring time and effort.
    • Like x 2
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Couldn't help but notice that this was sped up.... What is the length of actual gameplay?

And... There was no LFG scrolling (or any messages)... Was this on test or actual game servers?

And... I also don't really care.

We used to do the same thing taking less time.

Once again:
    This just proves that the main emphasis some people have for liking the clamp is taking everybody else's strength/stats away just so they can pat themselves on the back for making videos soloing content that everybody else used to do before we got kneecapped.
    • Like x 5
  13. Proxystar #Perception

You lot move the goal post in every respect as much as anyone else does, the fact you're even hell bent focused on trash mobs now is a moving of a goal posts to try and take the lowest item on the rung and extrapolate it out further than is warranted.

At this point I don't really need to dictate what is a relevant test because you lot aren't really testing period, if you presented more data we'd have much more to talk about but you don't and I've made numerous video accounts of EEG content, far more than any of you detractors put together.

The reason I wouldn't take any testing of trash mobs seriously is because they're trash mobs it's like taking a small sample of anything and pretending like an issue is bigger than it is. You're welcome to test it if you like but if the video amounts to two or three trash mobs while the person hand counts hits then I'm going to laugh, I'm sorry but I am.

You don't have to agree with me but I find that just objectively silly lol.

Oooh look at that there's a brainiac add, damn I killed that in 3 hits, moves to oldest EG world, oh damn look there's a brainiac add, killed it in 2 hits, it's beyond stupid on every level lol.

I don't disagree with streamlining the augments, my real overarching point is that there are people feeding them because they're being silly, or they're just not building them in the first place. I know there's people in this thread doing just that, then complaining about EEG ;) (that's not you by the way)
  14. Proxystar #Perception

It was sped up by 2, so it was approx 10 minutes. that's why I've also emphasized that I was over killing the survival because you'll now retort and say the time is unacceptable. The reality is the time could be sped up and the bounty being fought there is one of the more mechanically difficult ones.

It was on test server, but I fail to see how that's particularly relevant?

As for your last, sentence no, what you're doing their is projecting "jealousy" as "gate keeping".

The truth is, you want to reap the rewards of an effort you're not prepared to put in, if you want to be able to solo these bounties then put in the effort to build your character properly.

And as for the feats associated with these bounties, once you've got your character built, that's when you go farm the feats, if you can't find a group.
    • Like x 1
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Here's how:

Using the test server was originally only possible for members and nowadays for all those interested. Characters built on it are not transferable to the live servers, but will stay on the test server beyond content updates until deleted by the player. Gear, artifact XP and currency are provided by special vendors in order for players not having to worry about leveling up their created characters.

Because, Mr. Hypocrite... YOU didn't put in the effort to reap the rewards.
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Here are videos proving my point
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Now it's time for you to sit back down cowboy after embarrassing yourself.

My main character on live is max CR, I have full elite gear, I have over 750 skill points and I have I believe 18 rank 200 artifacts and I believe virtually all but 4 allies maxed.

So No cowboy, I have put in the effort before you want to accuse me of hypocrisy lol.

The reason I did that on test, champ, was because the people in here keep trying to say "Oh Proxy you're a tank, it's not fair" so I went on test and showed that it's a them issue by replicating it with hard light, nothing used on the test server was something I don't also possess on live, I just wasn't prepared to pay $20 worth of power respec tokens to prove you guys wrong.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, so you're comparing Giganta being run with friends to adds in Wonderverse of which you were completely oblivious to the associated mechanics going off, what's the bet you also didn't even have the augments. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And you wanted an apology?? All you did was just reinforce everything I needed to know, thanks.
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Are you.... Hans Gruber?

Gosh, mister... I didn't mean to hurt your ego.

You're right. The clamp has nothing to do with people just wanting to brag about their accomplishments in this game.
    [IMG]
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I really dislike you.
    • Like x 6