I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. The Con Dedicated Player

Cool story, brah.

It would even be cooler if you had the taddest way of proving this apocalyptic future of yours, Nostrodumas.

All I can say is: I used to run a ton more of old content BEFORE the clamp... With the clamp, it's mostly just EG.

CLAMP = MORE TIME PLAYING CALL OF DUTY.
    • Like x 2
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

And...

I see that you're back on the "We shouldn't be allowed to choose for ourselves how we should play because we don't know what's good for us" kick... even while pointing out that most people would choose to be unclamped...

No harm, but telling the players "You can't play the way you want" is probably a quicker death sentence for a game... yeah... A GAME... You know?... Those things that people usually want to play... then whatever your doomsday prediction you've created in your head.
    • Like x 1
  3. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

If my doomsday prediction wasn't shared with the "top men" upstairs... you wouldn't be in this predicament.

And hey... I had a lot of fun getting the "no restrictor drones" feats on both regular and elite tonight despite the clamp in Darkseid's War Factory. It was long and painful with a pug but we managed. I suggest you actually play the game instead of whining about said circumstances.
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

Or so you assume... yet, again.

Can't be they just thought of trying something and it wasn't a good idea or done right....:rolleyes:

Heck, could be the reason that this thread has gotten to page 219 when, in the past, none have really made it past page 25... is maybe they realize they've gone down a wrong path and are now more open to looking for other ideas.

I don't really know... So I won't say it as if it were a fact... I'm not that pompous :cool:

"Long and painful".... Sounds like a description for every successful game. :rolleyes:

Congrats, btw.

Of course:
    ONCE AGAIN: NO ONE SUGGESTED THAT EARNING FEATS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE EASY AND/OR ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO GET WITH THE CLAMP.
    • Like x 3
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

And just so we're clear:

I get that the pay-off is the fun of the game.

I remember when raids used to take hooooouurrrss to play.... and, even then, you had to hope for a good roll on the bid for rewards.

BUT:
    That was playing the raid when it was relevant. (Years ago)
    They were hard because we hadn't grown strong enough to beat the raid quickly.

It was "long and painful" for you in DWF because of an artificial parameter set upon your character.
    It wasn't painful because it had to be... It was long painful because it was chosen to be that way for you when it naturally wouldn't be.

I just want on option for the "naturally wouldn't be".... because I don't want "long and painful" when doing things now that were long and painful years ago... and I'm now just playing for the "fun" of it...

..because, once again, "long and painful" isn't really the best description for "fun".
    • Like x 5
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

And having multiple dead tiers and every run is going to be a bunch of over-geared players 1 shotting several tiers and new players are relegated to benchwarmer/cheerleader status for your own personal enjoyment is fun for anyone else but you?
    • Like x 1
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.... WELCOME TO PAGE 1

1) And the answer to that... is having an option that separates "the over-geared players" and the "benchwarmers/cheerleaders"....

2) We already have dead tiers

3) And yeah... not to put to fine of a point to it but, YES... I PLAY GAMES FOR MY OWN PERSONAL ENJOYMENT.... NO DUH!

4) BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I DON'T TRY TO HELP OTHER PLAYERS OR TAKE THEM INTO CONSIDERATION.
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then there are some single player DC title that will allow you to have the power fantasy you seek, but you wont find it here to that degree anymore.
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

A PLEA TO THE CLAMPERS IN THIS THREAD:

STOP TALKING LIKE YOU OWN THE GAME AND/OR WORK FOR THE DAYBREAK.

It's annoying.

That is all.
    • Like x 1
  10. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

The funniest thing here, in a Joker funny way, is that between you, Grim, me, and a litany others including a ton of one time comments from people that shared and left. We won this argument forever ago.

[IMG]

Now we are just in a marathon of watching them... not take it so well.
    • Like x 1
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I don't know what kind of delusional state that you are currently experiencing but... it's been over for a very long time.

The people that support the clamp are just trying to help you see the light. That the way it currently is... is better for the game.

The fact that you are focusing on winning or losing at this point is quite tragic. The amount of patience required to even take the lot of you seriously at this point is bordering on masochism.

You lost the moment that this was implemented. It is here to stay. Nothing that you say or do will change that. The only thing that you can do is change your perspective so that it isn't so detrimental to your petty and insignificant souls.

Our lord and savior "the clamp" will hold your hand when the time comes. True acceptance is not easy but when you are ready... it will be ok. You'll survive. I promise.
    • Like x 3
  13. Grim931 Committed Player

Somehow we're the delusional ones... except queues are still on a downward slope, people are still begging for groups to form, and new players are left in a worse spot now as opposed to before the clamp...

Seems to me like the system is a failure and could not accomplish what it set out to do. It isn't fun, most returning players are put off by it, and it's a significant waste of time.

And we have other options, no one has to settle for this. I don't know if you've realized or not, but you're not exactly winning anyone over. Especially those of us who have participated and seen the worse this system has to offer.

Have fun with your cult though.
    • Like x 3
  14. The Con Dedicated Player

Yes.
    We all did. :cool:

This thread was a mere opinion that the clamp is an annoying change to the game.

Others agreeing with this opinion is merely a way of letting the OP know that he is not alone... and maybe... just maybe... there might be enough of us to let the powers that be to realize that maybe... just maybe... they might realize that they might... just might... need to create an option out of it.

Until you gather all The Infinity Stones.... This is just you saying something that you have no control over and no way of knowing...

That's about as close to losing an argument as can be.

EDIT:
    Well, that.... and THE CONSTANT MAKING UP ARGUMENTS THAT NO ONE IS ARGUING... THE CONSTANT FOCUSING ON THE WRONG POINT.... CONSTANT MISQUOTING... The list goes on.. and on.
    • Like x 2
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

The more people who post their dislike for the clamp the better chance we have of getting it removed or at least made optional. Speaking up gets things done so don't listen to the people who say it will never happen so just shut up and accept it. People speaking up got Zack Snyder's justice league released, it also got sonic fixed and so much more so yes speaking up can bring change.
    • Like x 3
  16. Tolly Committed Player

don't expect much, because in the last years, they did more disappointing things to the community than the opposite...

And the major transformations of the game are more to go in the direction of the managers than in the direction of the players, it's not a box open to listening or very little and that's why most of them end up not coming to play DC anymore or not having D
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Can I ask what is the benefit of removing the clamp now and reverting it to it's previous system?
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ooooh....can I answer? It's a trick question. Very few are actually asking for it to go to the way it was....most would be happy with an option to go in, unqueued as not to impact too many 'noob' experiences. They should be hitting the content clamped.

Side benefit would be all the 219 page threads where you ask for it to be fully re-instated. What's that? That thread would only be 3 pages then fizzle? No doubt.
    • Like x 2
  19. Irvynnge Loyal Player

bit disingenuous. ( op excepted ) no one's asking for the clamp to be removed. no one's asking for the system to be reverted back to what it was before. they're asking for an option, a half-way meeting point where those who love the clamp can play their game clamped & those who don't like it can play it unclamped. what you're doing here is exactly the same as all the other ( three or four ) ardent clampers - you're quite literally making stuff up to muddy the arguments of others, constantly repeating the same assumptions & outright lies over & over to bolster a stance that is becoming increasingly less popular as the moments tick by. please, stop.
    • Like x 3
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Some are quite literally asking for it to be removed…#thread titles

I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

“The more people who post their dislike for the clamp the better chance we have of getting it removed or at least made optional.“

Don’t use “no one” when “no one” doesn’t apply.