I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

You think clamped OW bounties take 5 hits to beat solo?

lol. Cute.
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

Well... I was kinda being generous.... :rolleyes:

Would you have preferred if I said what you do takes 10,000 times as long as what they do?

And you think they're the ones not having fun and/or wasting their time?o_O
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

It's a game. We're all wasting our time. :rolleyes: But it's barely even a game, if you're invincible and one-shot everything.
    • Like x 2
  4. Grim931 Committed Player

More of a waste of time running into old content with other players as a handicap...

I would agree if the entire game was like this, but it isn't and never was. There was always an End Game level that no one was trivializing. The only thing that was being trivialized was old content... that people barely played and didn't need.

Now there's a false ceiling on our power for content that people again, barely play and barely need. Queues are essentially going back to taking longer (trending in the wrong direction, queue times are increasing), people are still begging for bodies for runs they need (omnibus should solve this, right?), and most End Game Vets are pretty much running the FOTM raid to get the most for the least amount of time spent inside these boring runs, leaving new players pretty much in the same exact spot as before. Either they get lucky and vets carry them, or they get stuck in a raid for hours wondering what the problem is.
    • Like x 5
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

And that's the thing that I hate the most with that "GIT GUD" augment/meme for the clamp.
    (Well.... The thing I hate the most is the presumed "AS ME" that's implied)

It's content that we played ad nauseum WHEN IT WAS RELEVANT. We mastered it... Yeeeeeaaaars ago.

"Hey naw!! Yew git gud wit dat dare cawntint!!" - :mad:

o_O - "You mean that raid from 7 years ago?"

We turned the cogs... or moved the blocks... or whatever the mechanics required hundreds of times already...

Can we please... pleeease.... just move the eff on and play the raid with our natural progressed strength that maybe, just maaaaaaaayyyybe, we might be able to beat the instance in a way that we CHOSE to beat it as opposed to doing it the same exact way for the 10,000th time??
    Which probably still requires a turn of a cog or two.

Talk about boring and not fun.
    • Like x 5
  7. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  8. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I don't know if you've played the new DLC... but I've still yet to see an epic fail run. As of right now... the whole game is pretty much trivialized under the assumption that the clamp didn't exist outside of the criticals. We would have 3 instances that were not beaten to death with a feather in your more ideal version of the game.

Ok fine... and the elite plus alert... but still.
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I don't know how anyone could be more self absorbed and lazy than this. Sorry... you gotta press a few more cogs so that the rest of the world that didn't get to experience this at launch might get SOME enjoyment out of this.

It's truly tragic that you have to stop at crosswalks in front of schools so that the kids can learn to control traffic. You poor soul. Cuddles?
    • Like x 4
  10. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

You really hit the primary issues that keep getting ignored.
    • Like x 2
  11. The Con Dedicated Player

Then the issue would be keeping those people separated from the more experienced.... LIKE GIVING THE MORE EXPERIENCED AN OPTION that sepates those who AT LEVEL don't have.

For them.... It's current...

For us... It's ++++ we did years ago.... See the difference???

:rolleyes:

Yeah... Like that is remotely the same thing.

It's like you try to be _____.
    • Like x 1
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

They require your presence in order to get queues.

Think of the children. Its christmas, you scrooge.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So that makes you what? Marley?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

The mental gymnastics, fallacies, and outright insults being brought about as an argument to not allow an option says a lot. It really does seem its about just a few elite players angered over new players and "casuals" (whom they seem to despise) getting the easy access to feats all of us elite/long time players got before the clamp.

You see it in game and in the forums. I've seen them in game going nuts to get that top high score in each fight, thrilling in their 700+ points gained back when it was easy to do because progression hadn't been ripped away and getting a group to do older content to get feats to vastly less time. Now the wait times are forever and getting group is a train wreck because none of us "elites" want to waste a half hour plus helping new players in content that took five to ten minutes pre-clamp. That includes people on the forums telling us its our duty to help even as they refuse to help.

Its all so sad and silly. Reading someone saying progression wasn't removed just to turn around and a page later and the same person is talking about why the progression was removed and it "saved" the game.

This is why I use gifs and not lengthy posts.
    • Like x 2
  15. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm more of a drunk Jesus. Except instead of wine... I turn water into straight whiskey.
    • Like x 3
  16. Grim931 Committed Player

Exactly.

I called this out pages ago, it's just another way to show off.

How dare someone with 50 SP, no Arts/Augs/Allies, and brand new to the game, be able to solo a raid from 10 years ago on gear alone... blasphemy.

I mean... how dare someone with 50 SP, no Arts/Augs/Allies, and brand new to the game, be able to solo a raid from 10 years ago and ruin another new players experience. Yeah that sounds better.

Grab the pitchforks.
    • Like x 3
  17. The Con Dedicated Player

That's the cool thing about having an option....

BOTH things can occur.

Happy children.

Happy parents.
    • Like x 1
  18. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm afraid that the community is too small to afford you this little request. Queues are long enough as it is. We require your assistance in filling these instances. You have a duty, soldier. Unlimited liability up to an including your life if deemed necessary for the children over the holidays. My hand are tied.
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

I do aprreciate the apparent tongue-in-cheeky nature of your replies...
    Makes it feel like this is less of an argument and more of what it actually is: Two (see?... If I call us both idiots, does that count against me as an insult?).. let's just say "guys who really aren't that serious... or smart"... being goofy.

If the clamp isn't really helping with the queues... then, what's the point?

As is, with the clamp: Most people no longer que... They use LFG to avoid the children.

And if the children aren't being helped with the clamp -
    Maybe they'd get more help from the unclamped drunk uncle.... intoxicated with his unbridled and unclamped power.
    • Like x 4
  20. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It is helping by creating an environment where there is only one side. The side where we actually have to play the game. If there were two sides... you and lazy people like you (and me, honestly) would just cheese the feats and never look back. We would never do it properly and experience it the way that it was intended. If they did give us the option you so valiantly fight for... yes... queues would be better for one shotting things initially. I'd give it a few months until nobody ever ran old content ever again besides the source mark grinding instances.

Your solution would be a fun bonus week. It would destroy the game in the long run if it wasn't controlled.
    • Like x 1