I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. The Con Dedicated Player

I'm pretty sure just going back to the old way wouldn't require a remake of the whole system.....

But, yeah.... I'm pretty sure it gonna happen...

...At least not until they feel they duped us out of all the money that they can for allies, augemnts, and artifacts....
    • Like x 2
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

All the thread names have been changed!!

The mods are back at work.

Guess this thread won't live to see 80.

:oops:
    • Like x 1
  3. Amoxin Well-Known Player

As far as player level goes, I know I see lower players when queuing in omnibus as opposed to queuing into EG. Frequently in omnibus, some of the player's listed CR isn't the max, which I can only assume means they are at the minimum CR for the content. To their credit, most of them at least try to participate, even if they aren't putting out the highest numbers. But I have also seen instances where everyone is listed at the max CR for the content, but the scoreboard shows vastly different. There was one instance (pretty sure it was League Hall: Security Breach) where we were all the same CR, but at the end, I had done slightly less damage than the other three combined. I think I was a fill-in for their group as they were all the same guild. I'm not uber by any far stretch of the imagination, but that definitely does show a difference in augs, arts, and allies. On the flip side, whenever I am in EG instances, I'm never at the top, maybe #3 in a raid if things went well (or #2 in an alert)

I do like the idea of the sliding scale, but as others have said, I'm not sure that's feasible. It could make some open world content a little easier to do, but not to the point of rofl-stomping it, especially for the bounties. An 8-person bounty might be able to be done by 4-5 and a 4 person bounty by 1-2 people, for example. I'm sure that in the current environment there are people that can easily do that, but this is looking more at people who aren't at 500+SP with all 200 Arts. However, I'm not sure that can even be implemented without removing the cap, which isn't going to happen.
    • Like x 1
  4. GermanM Committed Player

So you just wanna one shot bosses... Nice, i guess.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

I wouldn't necessarily call it "one shotting"... but, yes.

Older bosses are older bosses for a reason.... They aren't meant to be relevant to a character that has progressed beyond them.
    • Like x 4
  6. GermanM Committed Player

Guess is pointless argue about this more, besides i still believe Stat Clamp come to stay and there is nothing we can do about it.
    • Like x 1
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

Too late to fix in edit. :(

I meant to type "I'm pretty sure it AIN'T gonna happen."
    • Like x 2
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

Well.... We do agree on that.... :oops:
    • Like x 2
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Then you'd be fine getting no more Marks or scaling gear drops from beating them? You think others would be fine with it as well, especially with as much time that has passed since they started dropping those rewards?

I ask because they made it pretty clear in the past that they weren't going to allow players to get those kinds of rewards if the content wasn't relevant, so we'd most likely see those rewards disappear.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

They don't care about marks or gear, even though ironically they're tied to numerous feats.

They just want skill driven instance based feats to be easy street.

Don't worry though they'll deny it, just watch ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. The Con Dedicated Player

Not wanting some dumb hat to speak for me..... too late...;)

And I will only speak for myself... I mean, seriously, what kind of weaselly worm would presume to speak for others?

I will say that marks... and STYLES of gear... DO MATTER. (More the styles than marks)
    There has to be some incentive to play older content.

No.... I don't just want skill driven instance based feats to be easy street. What idiot would presume that I would? o_O
    I just want to progress in strength and any feats what would become easier because of that would be just chips falling into place.

I'm not sure if this coincides with anything a self-deluded moron would say I would say...
    But, hey. I'm sure we don't know anybody that spineless.:cool:
    • Like x 3
  12. ForumSuperhero Level 30

As far as generalizations go...

I can say that almost everyone here with high sp got it easily within the old system, and now enjoy sitting on top within the new system.

And, because of the new system their elite status is secured, because the new players struggle to get the harder feats today. Especially the feats that require help from the elite.

Its great to be a gatekeeper, not so much to be the one wanting to be let in.
    • Like x 5
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The clamp is the trade-off for those rewards. We didn't get extra Omnibus stuff, full Mark rewards or scaling gear from sleepwalking through the older content, and I don't see them sticking around should the clamp be removed.

As for getting the feats easier, the biggest point of contention seems to be feats in group content. Since a lot of folks got used to just going back and doing it themselves in the pre-clamp days, it seems like more than a few want that to come back somehow.

I don't see that happening, especially since the devs have said the clamp is about where they want it to be. The days of one person carrying the whole group like that are pretty much over. So maybe it's time to let go of the past and shift energy and efforts from begging for the clamp to be removed to searching for any outliers in the group content and helping other players improve. Helping the player base improve alone will do a lot more towards making achieving feats easier and will improve the game experience overall in the long run.

Besides, I've always thought it's more fun to play with other players, not just alongside others.
    • Like x 1
  14. Grim931 Committed Player

There are some good points in here, but again... almost no one of asking for the complete removal of the clamp. Even in this thread, most of us are just asking to be given the option to play without it. Exactly like it was before.

And yet again, feats seem to be the only issue.

Maybe these need looked at. I still think anything tied to earning skill points should take skill. Feats are kind of ridiculous in this sense, because very few of them do. Doesn't take a lot of skill to gather style feats, explore, or rely on group choreography in some cases.

It should all be tied to how well you do in combat. You fight stronger enemies, you earn more experience, you gain more points.

Max out on stat points? Make them unlock better/stronger powers. Unlock more iconic abilities, more movement mode powers/options, and also enhance the powers we already have by investing points in those and make them worthwhile. People have been asking for new powers for a while now, and I suggest this every chance I get.
    • Like x 2
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Two threads on a specific outlier: My own in General forum, and another players' in Bug forum about the same one. Both have fallen on deaf ears even though I thought they specifically asked us to report outliers? Such a turn-off. Doesn't help the cause...
    • Like x 3
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

A lot of people have already stated that making it optional is not a viable solution because:
    (A) Game side/Dev side: System design, system constraints, effectively doubling their available instances, doubling their management of instances

(B) Player side: Potentially splitting the playerbase, reducing available matchmaking scenarios (already not the best on servers other than US/PC-PS), or recognizing that most will choose the path of least resistance…you’d effectively be creating a feat side (no clamp) and a currency side (clamp). Once you have the feats from content, there is ZERO reason to run unclamped.

Theoretically it seems great, but with realistic forecasting…it’s not worth the effort AND against the players interest (as a whole).

With that being said, I completely understand how an individual struggling to get a feat would be asking to change the system to meet their individual needs.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Con Dedicated Player

What a hat.

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  18. Grim931 Committed Player

Did you only read the first part of that and jump to that conclusion?

Suggested changing feats altogether...

I really don't care either way, I just want the enjoyment/satisfaction of going back through old content and seeing my progression at that level. Also liked helping out, both randoms or friends, knowing how capable I was without the need for all the extra add-ons to feel "powerful"... I'm not inclined to do that now as it is currently, and from my limited runs I'm not likely to run clamped anyway regardless of what's in there or not. The mediocre rewards aren't worth the hassle of dealing with random player shenanigans...

And it also makes no sense how it adds work or stress to the system, it was already in place. Could be as simple as adding a toggle in with the UI, similar to elite.

Also, if I'm not playing EEG now, what difference would it make if I started playing again but only played unclamped? As it stands now, you're still missing a body from the game because of it. Playerbase is already split. Damage is done. No need to use this as an excuse.
    • Like x 7
  19. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

THIS.

We ARE playing a superhero game after all.

The "I-wanna-emulate-superman-but-never-dominate" crowd are being purposely obtuse when they claim they "just don't get it."
    • Like x 6
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Read the whole thing - I don’t think I jumped to any conclusions? I just offered a response that was limited in scope to the “just make it optional” part.
    • Like x 1