Share your bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Achikah All About That Base

Another Wednesday, another base tour! Illyria makes a return for her third base where we get to see her childhood home and old stomping grounds- The Verdant Hollows!

This was toured during the Extra Life event last year if it seems familiar. I felt so bad for poor Oceans- it's really easy to get lost in, hah!
    • Like x 4
  2. Eve YouTuber

This was my favorite one that Oceans toured. Well done!!!
    • Like x 1
  3. Achikah All About That Base

Sorry I haven't replied to these sooner, been swamped lately. x-x'

Sure thing! I was making a list for myself for later uses and then it dawned on my this might be a something others might find interesting or helpful. Hopefully I'll have the first one out early Feb. if my time allots for it. However, I'll probably have to redo the whole series since the Devs are rethinking DLC locale for exteriors, which, EXCITEMENT, but also a LOT of redecorating and locale searching, hah!

I think I'm 3/4s of the way done with the space base right now- just need Little Bohemia and the Dam/Historical District of Metro left. Once I'm finished, maybe we can compare notes? See if you saw something I didn't.

And yessssss! That'd be SO helpful. I know it'd probably take a lot of doing to put in such a feature, but it'd save so much time. Let me know when you post the suggestion, I'll +1 instantly!

Awesome! It like an occult tracker/detective center of operations, or what I envision Damien Darkblood's, from Invincible, office looking like.. Or maybe the back room of it, hah. Very cool!

Thank you!! For a long time, I wasn't a super fan of this base. It was pretty, but it didn't have a lot of substance or story behind it. However, as I started touring it, I realized how much it was tied to my character and the story I made for her, and now I think it's up there for one of my favorites.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

If you're still offering this up, I might be interested in having one of my upcoming Lair Projects toured and recorded!

I'm on USPC/PS, I am working on the final parts of a project that probably should be fully finished by the end of this Weekend. If i'm not getting around to record it on one of my PC's myself, that is. I lost my recording and editing software and haven't gotten around to get that set up yet.
  5. Ryll Committed Player

Yea of course I am always looking for bases to record! My toons name is RYLL. Just let me know what character & base name is yours. Once I record the videoa for the tours its normally about a month after when its viewable on my channel. I try to keep a few weeks worth of uploads in the queue so I don't have to rush for maling weekly content.
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

Nice! I'll send you a PM once I've got it finished and ready, unless of course I manage to set up a recording of my own lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Ryll Committed Player

Of course! Always welcome to send me a message ;)

Also there isn't a reason why we both can't have videos of your base!
    • Like x 1
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

37:17 time stamp beginning, base layout have limitations dues to PvP mode... wanted to do PvE in them too/limited amenities?... that is no longer supported (PvP mode is in maintenance mode)
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I have a nature base similar but what did you use create that tunnel effects that went from floor to celling
    • Like x 1
  10. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

It’s amazing what you can do with a pay phone and a luxurious standing shower in a crummy dive…..

[IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    • Like x 5
  11. Eve YouTuber

Lol I love that, might steal the idea ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Achikah All About That Base

After fighting a bit with my interwebz, the Wednesday tour is finally up and running!

This week features my Rage Tank, Inque, and her gore-geous, mountain mansion retreat entitled The Sanguine Hallows!

Like Agent Carter's, it's an older base with around 500 spots. I did do a few touches up down the line as furniture came out though, but ultimately, am looking to renovate to a Manor Theme after I get rid of a few of my current WIPs. Also, as a sidenote, probably should have spaced this and Verdant Hollows out so my unoriginal names didn't show so blatantly. >_>'

Anyway, let me know what you think!
    • Like x 2
  13. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Wow!
    • Like x 1
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Sitting in self-isolation with the damned coronavirus, I decided to update some of my bases...hmmm...for some reason, after updating, my bases always become more gloomy....psychologists would probably say something about this...however, sometimes a banana is just banana...;)

• Like x 2
  15. Shazammm Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. Achikah All About That Base

So sorry to hear you're ill. Wishing you the swiftest and speediest of recoveries!

As for the base, very nicely done. I really loved the upstairs battle scene, especially with the pyrotechnics to go along with it. :p Also, Mxyz on the bench was a great idea too. Nice update, very rad!

Edit: Also, I have to ask, is your avatar/outfit based off Gunslinger Spawn by chance? I had an action figure years ago that had the same vibes and was curious.
  17. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The last couple of months have been damn unfortunate for me ... from the beginning I rolled down the mountain and injured my arm (just before the release of the new DLC ... however, this can be good, I avoided the stress associated with the disgusting start of this DLC ...), now here this infection has stuck (it's a shame that I am fully vaccinated (including amplifying (all 3...)) ... someone up there obviously doesn't like me ... (I just don't understand what they are counting on. ..after a lightning strike, go to some kind of virus or slide? Seriously? ).

Thanks ;) ....hmmm...don't know if this is appropriate but would you agree to give access to your basses?:oops: they are incredibly gorgeous, but I would like to not only watch the video but also walk through them live ... if you agree, I will send you the name of the character in private (hmmm..2 characters...?:oops: ) ... in turn, I am ready to share access to all my bases...

Yes, you are completely right, the inspiration was exactly Gunslinger Spawn, the character's story is tied to the concept of a "deal with the devil" ... and to be more precise, "a deal with the devil, in which the devil outwitted himself" (this is not only Spawn, there is also a story from the song "Devil Comes Back to Georgia", and the story of a Russian soldier who outwitted the devil, here is the story of "mathematician and the devil", and the story of how the Polish nobleman Pan Twardowski (who is still rumored to be living on the moon ;)) deceived the devil and Ghost Rider...and even the trite story of Faust ;) )
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve YouTuber

Please stay safe and have a quick recovery! I'm sorry you had to go through this.
    • Like x 2
  19. Eve YouTuber

I'm kind of blanking with base ideas. Other than setting up a party area in one of my bases\league halls with the items from Valentine's event, I might wait for Spring and St. Patrick events, to see what we're getting from there.
    • Like x 1
  20. Achikah All About That Base

Oh, man... That's so awful. I'm really sorry to hear that. Sending you all the well wishes and good vibes I can, my friend. Stay safe, rest up, and be well.

Oh, of course! I always welcome guests to my bases. I'm on the US PS/PC server, so as long as you have access to that, I'm more than happy to give you permission. I think I have my conversations on here finally set up if you want to send the names over. You could also send Achikah on the game a piece of mail instead, that'd be fine too. I have a lot of characters so it might take a minute, but yes, you're definitely more than welcome to tour yourself. Same with anyone else interested! And I'd definitely love access to yours too- base touring is probably my favorite part of the game in all honesty, it's so great seeing what others have created!

I knew it looked familiar! I was a big fan of McFarlane's artwork and had a slew of his action figures back in the day. I never caught the comic he came from, but man, Gunslinger Spawn was so cool. I also looked up Twardowski's story since I've never heard of it. Really cool read! I'm big into folklore/mythology and am surprised I've never encountered it before, so that was a real treat. Very cool concept for a character, very awesome!

I'm sorry to hear that. Creative blocks are always the worst. What I like to do when I'm in a slump is write down ideas/concepts that interest me and see where that takes me, or push myself to create even though I don't feel like it. I just went through a month-long creative slump I had to work through, but I finally broke out of it (the base for your competition actually was the cure!) It gets easier the more you push through them, which I know probably seems extremely unhelpful. When I was in art school, my mentors told me the same thing when I couldn't produce anything and it just frustrated me further. However, as time went on, I realized how right they were. Take the time you need, but if you have the want to make something yet can't, try and tinker a bit, make an idea sheet, sketch. Surround yourself with creativity and something's bound to come. :)
    • Like x 2