Test Discussion Episode 42: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

I have to agree with this one. Though more straight forward than Flashpoint's, this system is still very very very very very cumbersome.

A simpler system of just earning enough marks to buy the best ones is just way more ideal. I know the whole grind with bounties was very negatively received, but it definitely still a better option over this.

Personally, I prefer the old only one drops and you can pick the one you want, option. Having a crafting system used for this just reminds me of why they stopped using the crafting system in the first place. (Was it around JSA?)

Alternatively, a system like Origin Augments, where you have a base generator mods that you can feed salvaged dropped mods would also be cool. Just like the gear system, it would mean players doing EEG and get a dropped mod would be having something meaningful to get that JLD Generator mod box. If I end up with one in my inventory, I just delete them. We don't have to have a new set of 12 mods to replace every DLC. The grind on that is just terribly demoralizing.
    • Like x 8
  2. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

I love the idea of gen mods like origin augments. Where do I sign up?? It would give purpose to taking gen mods. Right now, it's a waste.
    • Like x 5
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Treating Gen mods like augments would also solve the swapping powers problem. With augments, you can level both might and precision, swap them around and never lose anything. As the Gen mod system is now, you destroy your mod if you swap, and then you have to fully level more mods from scratch if you want to swap back.
    • Like x 6
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Something went a bit crazy with a recent update for the Fortify window, now you see every mark currency in your inventory, it does say 0 XP besides the correct items but there shouldn't be a situation where a player could accidentally fortify all their marks for 0 xp, besides how cluttered it is now

[IMG]
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why not just combine might and prec into one generator mod type? That way we dont need another special type of exobyte and its easier to access because the main system wouldnt change.

The same treatment would be nice for elite affinity A and B.

The same could be applied for health and power.
    • Like x 2
  6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Really wish instead of a million catalysts, once a dlc fell out Of relevancy, the required catalysts changed to the 3 available from Constantine, so much less clutter, confusion & catchup. It worked well when the bazillion artifact catalysts were simplified, & it does great when old content switches to source marks, i think simplifying the catalysts after relevancy is the way to go
    • Like x 1
  7. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Any feedback coming from players about episode 42 generator mods pretty much will not be implemented. What you see right now in test server is going straight to live server. Thats what happened when flashpoint dropped on test server. People stand against that awful gen mod system, made threads about it (myself included), not even a single reply or at least a change in a positive way came from devs.

Just eat it up and hop on "Lets try this too and see pros and cons" bandwagon...
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

What could possibly be your complaint about the gen mod system for ep42? Have you even been on test to try it? You simply play the content, salvage the gen mod drops and get to craft one set of plans for the feat. It only take 5 purple mods of any type to equal enough catalysts for 1 mod. The R&D materials can be farmed for free or off the broker, and the matter enhancers cost source marks which are also a free farm.

You are just complaining just to complain
  9. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Oh no there is a misunderstanding. The thing I tried to say is the situation of us giving feedback about EP42 gen mods wont be seen or will have small effect on changes until it goes to live server. Just like how the feedback of Flashpoint gen mod system is "ignored" in someways.

When we compare EP42 gen mod sytem to EP40 gen mod system, EP42 gen mod system "great" change in right direction but just like how people above are mentioned, these salvages, focusing elements, catalysts etc will add up with further episodes and we will be goin back to old R&D cluster that got removed. Thats the thing what worries me.

Even after a player finish the gen mod feats or wanted to switch between might and prec build, this system still makes "unnecessary crowd" with required reagents.

And lastly I wouldnt even post in here if I didnt play the content(s).:D
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-system-of-decade-flashpoint-gen-mods.315756/
    • Like x 1
  10. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

Finally consolidating the R&D components, love this.
    Just a question, is it considerated in the future to automatically switch the augments when jumping into an instance?

With the current omnibus, is helpfull to switch the augments (i have all the might ones since JLD), i know is just a few clicks, but the list keeps getting longer and longer.

(or maybe consolidate them to a single augment, and rank them up with each dlc or new content as the origin ones?)
    • Like x 1
  11. Red Five Developer

Can you reliably reproduce this, and if so what are the steps?
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

When it happened it was just random, I was in Doomed Washington at the Lexcorp statue just fortifying the OP neck up. I took that screenshot and then later in the day recorded the video where it shows it as well. Haven't seen the window since so possible a update fixed itself as this happened on the 4th of Dec
  13. Red Five Developer

I'm glad to hear it hasn't happened again, but I'm still concerned it might be lurking out there somewhere.

If anyone else sees this, please try to recall what you were doing immediately prior to it, and post here. Thanks everyone!
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    I noticed the Sale Price for Episode 42 plans was 33,000. Is that the correct sale price for plans in this episode?
  15. Irxa New Player

It happened to me today just after login, on live server, steps were : Log in -> switch voice -> warp to new open world through warp menu -> go to complete the final quest related to the OP item, the one where you talk to luthor and you get 1 ingot, I already had acquired the OP item prior to completing the quest -> open the fortify menu and all the marks appeared as fodder.[IMG]
  16. darry3275 Well-Known Player

After failure of breakthrough for adaptive augments I lost 2 sets of catalysts and my seals of preservation going to lvl 18 seals are not working and I lost the catalysts I paid for in the marketplace and it still consumed the seals.
  17. iQQu New Player

Yet it was deployed in live server? I think this is somewhat related to the bug on fortify and many abused it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.