Test Discussion Episode 42: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

Greetings D.C. Defenders, and welcome to the official thread for Episode 42: Legion of Doom rewards feedback and bugs. We will be checking in and fixing bugs as often as possible. As always thank you for taking the time to help us test the game and report your feedback here. We really appreciate it!

Non-Episode Changes
    We updated some stuff, so check out the following changes:
    • New House of Legends Current Episode Vendor
      • Replaced Cobblepot Fence in House of Legends with The Catwoman
      • She now acts as the current episode vendor and offers all items from the 3 most recent episodes
    • Omnibus Reward Box Updates
      • Renamed "Weekly Omnibus Reward Box" to "Omnibus Reward Cache", and updated its tooltip to be more "evocative".
      • Omnibus Reward Cache now includes rewards from episode 38 and has a chance to offer Modular Auras that drop on Omnibus bosses as choice loot.
      • Increased the quantities of some Exobytes and Augment Catalysts that drop.
    • Catalyst Update
      • With so many Catalysts available, we have made it easier to identify which Catalyst is for which item.
      • All Catalysts and XP items used to rank up Omnipotent Items have had their quality upgraded to Orange.
      • All Catalysts' tooltips now include a tag that labels what they are used for (Artifact, Augment, Omnipotence).
      • 8-Terabit Encryption Key is now Account Bound
        • See, we do read Twitch chat!
    • Crafting Ingredient Consolidation
      • Each episode featured a new Catalyst Type... and Soder Cola Enhancer Type... that were virtually identical to the previous episode's.
      • This change removes those redundant items and consolidates them down into just two universal ingredients: Catalytic Solution, and Soder Cola Enhancer.
    • Adaptive Augments
      • Penalties for feeding Adaptive augments into other Adaptive augments have been standardized.
        • "Normal Mode" Augments can be feed into each other at a 50% penalty
        • "Event Mode" Augments can be feed into Normal Augments without penalty
        • Omnibus Augments cannot be fed into Endgame Augments and visa versa.
    Known Issues
    • The following Augment passive ability has temp text and does not function... yet.
      • TBD -Raid Boss
    • Like x 7
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Can we have the Omnibus Reward Caches be stackable?

Is the pricing for Wonderverse augments meant to remain the same? As of now, they are more expensive than other omnibus-tier ones even factoring in that technically using source marks to purchase them gives you a 50% discount.

Can we have the Elite version of Apokoliptian Amazon sold in HoL? Renown required, of course, would be nice if this extends to previous episode ones too, at least the ones that are sold on the vendor.

HoL Vendor can add items from WV beyond the Apokoliptian Amazon too: Fortify items on The Atom and x.4 mods by Captain Atom?

Seeing The Catwoman's categories made me think even more vendors on HoL are needed, included here are my suggestions on who's selling them: Augments (Mad Hatter), Omnipotence (Spectre), Extra Styles (Batwoman), Base Items (John Stewart, seriously he's doing nothing), Trinkets (Captain Cold) and a specific vendor for currency conversion & tokens of merit (Can we get Shimmer? I know she doesn't even have a model but this would be a great fit and formally kick Doctor Light out of the Fearsome Five).
    The collection based items really need a place for us to purchase other than that one time we get them.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Eve YouTuber

The collections\investigations not giving base items is new to me. Does it mean we have no new base items with this episode? I saw a couple in the open world I would love to have as Base Items (tho it has Luthor on them lol)
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

This episode definitely needs base items you can toss a few items in from the House of Legends too if you can . Also what about the new Artifacts for this episode ?
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

• No base items at this time. We have other plans for HoL items, stay tuned.
    • No artifacts at all for EP42.
    • Like x 2
  6. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

What about for future episodes like EP43? Are you gonna swap ally/artifact release for episodes? So one episode will have allies and the other will have artifacts?
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

No we'll have both, typically, moving forward next year.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

It's sad there are no new base items in ep 42. But I hope base items vendor with all base items across the game will appear... SOON™
  9. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Good to know, thanks for responding. :)
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

So no base items or Artifacts again. I'm not a fan of that .
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thats a great addition. 16 pages of items is a bit tough to scroll through but it works and is still awesome.
    If these additional partial aura rewards dont have their own extra spot in the loot choice screen, i'd be actually more discouraged to run omnibus for these, since there is nothing i hate more than partial auras (of all extra rewards). :oops:
    The color change is very pleasant.
    Thats great to decrease the scroll time on the R&D vendor. Good stuff.
    Normal mode is Endgame, right?
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes.

Also later today there should be a build and in that build the R&D components should be stackable to 999 from 16.
    • Like x 6
  13. Eve YouTuber

I am sad about no base items because there was so many I saw in the open world that could work as base Items (Like the Lex Luthor Hologram and screen and Legion of Doom Spray). When can we expect to see the base items for 41 though? And PLEASE Tell me that we will get the controller banner next to Vandal Savage.
    • Like x 3
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Can you clarify a little on episode 42, will we only get 1 ally in this episode? This is overwhelmingly small and for most it means that the next 3-4 months there will be no changes in character costumization or changes in the gameplay ...
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

One Ally launching with this episode but that does not mean only one Ally until EP43. There are other vectors in which we introduce Allies. I believe 2 more may possibly be out before 43 comes along.
    • Like x 4
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Do other gen mod plans drop this dlc or is it really just 42.4 if so nice change
  17. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Where do we drop Core Elements V42 for the new generator mods? :(
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Any chance we'll see Miss Martian's hairstyle as an extra vendor item? It's too good!
    • Like x 2
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Is there reasoning behind the line drawn between End Game and Early End Game Adaptive Augments? Like, wouldn't it be better if we had the ability to feed very old (like Cybernetic as an example) to newer augments? It kind of feels like you are doubling down on the grind for AAs and it's a very small part of the DLC's life. Like, heck, it can only be used in the DLC's content.
    • Like x 4
  20. Magnificent Loyal Player

I'ld like to not only echo this but use it as a platform to ask why those bonuses aren't set to the character (similar to Feats) instead of the Augment? Feeding the Augment would just unlock them for the character instead of unlocking them on the Augment, then once that Augment is maxxed they could either be used to feed others or simply disappear, leaving the character with those bonuses "permanently" (ie: whenever they are in that specific content) without having to change them out.

Having to swap AA's out if you want their bonuses on specific content is counter to immersion and is annoying with its time consumption.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.