Unpopular Opinion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Empress_Orana, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

For those of you who disagrees with this thread or whatever, I think Time Bomb laughs at you. JS:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Its actually beneficial to pull as many together as long as the tank can keep aggro. If a tank is running down a hallway that’s a mile long and the first group of adds loses aggro than yes it won’t help. But if the tank is grabbing everything nearby can can group them up than yes it saves a good amount of time. Damage doesn’t split per add. It follows a threshold IE after 1-2/3-4?5?/5-7 etc. so even if you get a group of adds each add doesn’t change the splitting rule. Every few adds changes it. But the overall time does decrease for a number of reasons. Including time going in and out of combat between adds. Unless either the tank can’t handle groups of adds or the dps is low (which would still be low if you only kill each set individually anyways) it will be faster.
    • Like x 2
  3. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

As a tank main i will grab more then 1 set of adds but never try pulling from boss fight to the next that will be pointless and the dps will fall off unless all the dps are powers that can do damage as they move and I understand that mostly this only works 4 precision and munitions. So my rule is if u can see one set of adds from the next I will pull both but never down 3 different hallways. As a earth main u know I understand the pain of a dps that can't really move and damage. like I am all in on jackhammer and unstoppable spamming. The other problem that I have started to see recently is with inner sanctum. U get players that wanna skip adds but cause of cut scenes they always ketchup so u literally save no time and since I am alway stuck in combat I can't switch to optional rotations when I need. Your damage is lower if u can't switch to the proper rotation. Then u have players that was super speed or grappling crying in tod cause they can't skip adds when I have done it easly with every movement since that dlc was released.
    • Like x 1
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm all for combining 2-3 groups of adds. But some tanks just keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going.
    • Like x 5
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You should clarify before posting.
    • Like x 2
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's always interesting when bullies try to pretend they're being attacked lmao
    • Like x 3
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

This just brought back a memory of the previous glory of Rage tanking. I used to run through and try to grab as many adds as I could find, pulling them all into a nice big pile. This was back when rage's health increased per add. Managed to muster myself up some serious hp, and just take hits on severe punishment while laughing, thinking, I am a god of aggro lol. Ah, the good (or bad) old days lol.
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

Your opinion is noted. you should tank however you wanna tank. Do what is fun for you. That’s my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  9. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I prefer the tank to get as many adds as possible and keep things moving.

But I think sometimes people who play this game lose sight of the fact that everyone else is not playing for your enjoyment.
    If you're not able to beat something or an instance is taking waaaay too long because of what someone is doing, then ok...Time to speak up or kick...

But minor things like this don't move the needle for me.

If you're in a group where there is a majority of people you know and everyone wants the tank to play a certain way, just ask them...If you're in a PUG group from LFG just deal with it and be happy you found a tank that can help get y 'all through the content. If you're just blind queuing just be prepared to see some of the wackiest stuff you've ever seen and muck through it.
    • Like x 5
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Not so easy getting Time bomb to work when the Adds are being pulled to the next room. That's my only gripe honestly.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ryll Committed Player

I was just tanking in STUe alerts and frankly if the dps's are frustrated by not being able to cycle the loadout...wait. I tend to stop the piling around a dozen or so adds for a pile.
  12. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

It depends. But to focus on this "It saves no time, and it prevents the DPS’s from killing the adds", This is not true. It does save time, just a minuscule amount. So a 20 min raid might turn into a 18/19 min raid. If your tank is a complete moron and doesn't aggro the adds and just runs past adds in order to work his way back to the group, then you're right, it won't save time because people will die. However if the tank actually aggros the mobs and keeps them grouped up then yes, it does save time. With me its more efficient if I aggro everything and the DPS kill. Sure theirs damage split, but you end up eliminating a lot of stop and go which will thus decrease the overall time.

Now for my personal take, if the tank doesn't want to group multiple mobs...then thats on him because in the end he has the leverage to control the flow of the raid. However I've run into tanks that are comically slow when moving from 1 mob to another and they lose aggro all the time. Hell, I ran into a tank in the pug ISr yesterday where he didn't go into movement mode a single time, he just lazily strolled from 1 group to another with no movement.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

It's me, I'm one of those tanks.

Keeps DPS mobile. Think on their feet. Learn fast damage.

/S
    • Like x 3
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I ‘dislike’ these tanks who pull ads along the way. Think of all those aoe’s that get casted all for naught. Pets firing off attacks only to miss. Orbitals striking dirt instead of ads. Finishers that can’t finish the job. Supply drops bonus unusable.

So what gives? And don’t get me started on that stupid lasso amulet. Bleh. This is how groups get spread too far out and what does the healer do, stay with tank running mindlessly ahead or stay with group trying to ko the ads? All ya need to do is engage one set at a time and then move on to the next.

Some ads buff other ads so why not keep it to one set of ads and not five sets of buffed ads.

Tanks only run ahead because they are ignorant of how the game works.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If the adds are in close proximity, to me...it's fine. Example, the adds by the first door and first flag in TD. Getting adds together helps things go faster as the burn used to dispatch 1 set of them, would likely also take out the other set.

But to your point, the NEED to be moving constantly all the way to a boss door or whatever seems to be growing and yeah, as a DPS it's annoying sometimes. Especially when 1 loses agro and starts going off on the healer or someone at the back of the group.
    • Like x 4
  16. SpyderBite Active Player

Read your crew. Only pull as many as they can handle. Don't assume they can handle as many as you can pull.
    • Like x 2
  17. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

I've stopped running with my tank friends in the game that do this. For the reasons listed above. It's frustrating.
    • Like x 1
  18. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

There we go, I fixed that.
    • Like x 1
  19. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Nothing like having your rotation hit nothing because the tank pulled all the enemies to safety.
    • Like x 4
  20. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Meanwhile the popular assumption is we can't burn fast enough.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 3