Unpopular Opinion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Empress_Orana, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

It’s completely unnecessary for tanks to run ahead and pull all the adds with them. It saves no time, and it prevents the DPS’s from killing the adds.

Don’t hate me.
    • Like x 16
  2. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I don't disagree. I find it mildly irritating. Not nearly as irritating as a healer starting a fight or something, but yeah.

*shrug*

If it's unpopular, I'll be unpopular with you.
    • Like x 5
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Sounds like your not superspeed
    • Like x 4
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It could work in instances where the dps is keeping up and hitting the adds before you get to the bosses. Tanks in Phantom Zone and in Inner Sanctum I was with really did a good job with that. It gets a bit trickier in some Raids or Alerts where rushing ahead might cause some problems.
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

It is more fun for the tank.
    • Like x 8
  6. metal1ix Well-Known Player

It's tough for others to keep up while they're still in combat and then having an Acrobatics Tank using hooks to get around quickly. While I envy mobility from time to time, at least give the others a chance to catch up cause tanks that go too fast will run on empty power tanks pretty quickly.

Though it would be considered karma if tanks bite off more than they can chew.
    • Like x 5
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Must not be very good burn if you can only tolerate one group of three at a time.
    • Like x 14
  8. metal1ix Well-Known Player

2021 and we still have split damage as a mechanic. Try killing 20 adds to one DPS. :confused: It gets very hectic.
    • Like x 2
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lol bro I agree with that friends and a few folks I run with don't mind the tank pulling all the adds together and melting them like a swarm of disgusting insects .
    • Like x 4
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

As a tank, I pull the adds towards me.

As a BATTLE TANK, I position myself in front of the DPS's so, when I pull the adds, they also land right in front of the DPS's.
    • Like x 2
  11. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

Very unpopular opinion it saves time when you have capable and decent and above average DPS. I'm not sure why you would believe it prevents the DPS from killing them when the point it to get them all together and annihilate them. The job of the DPS is to keep up and get ready to pounce when the Daddy/Mommy Tank say GET EM GET EM.
    • Like x 5
  12. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

If your annoyed ask the tank not to before the raid begins - it's not complicated
    • Like x 1
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I usually run ahead and pull the groups of adds back to the group nearest our last fight. That way, instead of 3 adds, there are 6-9 to split damage across, and the group doesn't have to keep up with me going ahead.
    • Like x 5
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's always faster to get them all together. Most attacks do the same total damage to 2 that they do to 8, BUT orbitals don't split. That alone is reason enough.

Not to mention that any good dps (at least precision) can dps on the move chasing the mob.
    • Like x 4
  15. Siramez Well-Known Player

dont you want to see those big juicy numbers popping off on the screen with like 20 adds? its so satisfying!
    • Like x 3
  16. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Agreed.
    • Like x 1
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

As an occasional tank (in alerts), if I'm tanking, I'll pay attention to what powers are dps. If they have a power that can destroy large crowds (like electric), then I'm pulling every add I can into a group and letting them go ham on em.

If I see weak burn, or people using st attacks, we'll go slower, but I'm still getting at least a group of 6.
    • Like x 3
  18. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

This, I hate pulling big groups on my tank and finding out that all the dps are running single target loadouts.
    • Like x 1
  19. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Didn’t say that at all. I’m talking when the tank grabs aggro on a group of adds then keeps pulling them to the next group and the DPS’s have no time to even get into their load out.

But keep gaslighting, you’re good at it.
    • Like x 2
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

Calm down with the emotional response, you are not being psychologically abused.
    • Like x 4