Test Discussion Introducing the Allies System

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Falagon, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.W Committed Player

Think of her as a better version of the sidekick in our base lol.
  2. Mr.W Committed Player

I already completed the ally mission & equipped oracle bot but I can't complete it in my journal. Is this a bug?
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes, it's in the OP for the feedback thread that it's a known bug.
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

So the only real villains we get are calc & zoom.. i dont count multiverse mumbo jumbo heroes being villainous. At the least we couldve gotten Grodd as a villain since his legend was scrapped, & the villain representation is minimal.

edit: as much as the devs love Harley Quinn im shocked that she wasn’t a day 1 ally
    • Like x 3
  5. Mr.W Committed Player

Ok thank you
    • Like x 1
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Did you test Calculator heal? It also increases as you level him up. I can see some good things from that especially if you're running solo or in a group with no healer etc.... roleplay never once occurred to me.

Flashpoint Batman seems more OP than the other legendary allies. You get increased def when you are solo and increased health when you activate a weapon buff so I see that as three buffs. Aquaman seems more fitted for Earth and Sorcery.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Increased defense when Solo??
    That is pointless. I have all the defense I need already when I play solo. (and no that is not a hint to tell the Deds to lower our defense so that Flashpoint BAtman becomes usefull).

Even the solo Science Spire Elite.
    So..... why would you even need Flashpoint Batman for more defence???

Would have to experiment some more.... but so far..... some of the Allies like Flashpoint Batman will require a LOT of resources for very little or even no benefit. At this point I would use the Batman from the Gotham Signal device before I ever would use the Flashpoitn Batman ally. At least Batman does not cost anything to level up.

I will stop here because I am a but grumpy I guess..... did not get enough sleep and being on test was a bit frustrating so far.

Will try to come back more zen. ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

YOU and POINTLESS is not the same for everyone else. It's subjective. What you consider pointless, others can fine use in them. You can also SOLO in open world content such as bounties. It's not just 1 player solo content in on duty.
    • Like x 2
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? You are going to solo Bounties in the open world??? with the Clamp???
    I would be curious to see that. ;)
  10. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

So I log in and look for the ally tab, equipped said allies, and all work fine. But I'm stuck on the equip Oracle bot mission though I've equipped and utilized her on missions.
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Just checked and Batman seems to give about 1800 Defense at rank 10..... so that is at max rank with all the Ally currencies and catalysts needed to get him there.

So you have to use up 299 000 ally currency to get 1800 Defence.... and from what I understand you will have to spend $$$ in the MP to buy Batman.

So $$$+299 000+ I don't know how many catalysts.... for 1800 Defense?

From the point of view of my poor Troll who has 60 000+ Defense.. not worth it.

From the point of view of a Tank with 105 000+ Defense.... really not worth it.
    • Like x 1
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You don't have to be in a group to engage solo bounties. I've done a lot of bounties without grouping up such as Bizarro, Hydra, Ares, etc... depending on how much defense buff you get could make an exception in whether or not you group up in bounties. But this is exactly what I said in another thread. End Game players shouldn't feel weaker than appropriate cr players. On a side note, I don't like that you have to roll to get the heal from Calculator Bot. In my opinion this poses an issue. These allies spawn and use their attack and then immediately leave while the long cooldown is still ticking. You might be at full health during the summon of the said ally (calculator) but in a split second you can also lose health and the only way to get the proc heal from him is to roll but executing all these instances seems lackluster.

I have yet to test out Calculator because of the bug going on but can anyone test him out for me?

1. Summon Calculator
    2. Each level let me know what the heals look like
    3. Time the cooldown of the ally
    4. Would the heal from the roll be applied to each roll such as tumbling master?

Another example: Your toon is at full health, you summon Calculator, he does his attack and is about to leave that very instance but your health just dropped by the time you initiate the roll and you don't get the heal and because the cooldown is long it makes summoning the ally not as efficient as having sidekicks who can heal you or even using Death Blossom.
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

LOL I was still replying to your previous comment before this one. 1800 that's it? That is very and I mean very low especially after the max level. It's a good thing we are in Test Server phase. I'm sure the numbers are going to be adjusted but I concede for now.
    • Like x 1
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Just realised that....

1800.... or 18 000 000..... it does not matter.

With the Clamp....
    if you have 60 000 def....
    and get an extra 1800 from Batman.....
    it does not matter if they Clamp your defense at lest say 40 000?? or even less??

How much is the Clamp?? will have to look it up. ;)
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

How many people use the Gotham City Emergency Signal??

Because I would argue that Batman from the Signal is as useful then the Allies... more usefull then some I would say.
    Heck when Reverse Flash spends 5.... 10.... 15 seconds just standing there.... it makes me a little mad at my friend Harrison Wells (yeah I know he really is Eobard Thawn ;) ) ;) .

Here is the Gotham City Emergency Signal for those wondering what I am talking about.
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I see your point. So what will it look like if your at end game solo content say Doomsday? Would you still say it doesn't matter even though in that content you shouldn't be clamped.
    The thing with those two allies is they don't give any benefit other than them attacking your enemies. They still leave immediately after performing their attack. These newer allies have much more to offer than just attacking your enemies.
    • Like x 1
  17. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

I would use more like a meat shield on the occasional ohhh sh't moments. But that's how I have always used pets. Glorified meat shields. xD
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

19. Imaginos Dedicated Player

You mean like the heal on the white pants mod was buffed to make it at least viable...hahahaha, oh yeah it wasn't :) Things like that and this really need to be addressed :/
    • Like x 1
  20. abdul qayyum New Player

Hi Falagon, does the godwave strength affect allies?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.