Test Discussion Introducing the Allies System

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Falagon, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No it doesn’t
    • Like x 2
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Sorry I posted this into its own thread not seeing this one. Please find my quoted feedback here:

• Like x 1
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

More like every troll powerset now has something like holographic decoy which is useful in a ton of ways. And for gadgets trolls who already had that, now they can use that slot of an extra shield, different type of stun, a 2nd SC, etc, etc.

For tanks the only scenario it'd be useful is if you can summon her while controlled like when caged in the FGSe Zeus fight.
    • Like x 2
  4. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

- make them have at least a typical pet duration spawn time or make them perm spawns until beaten
    This will only make everything worse, as they'll have to limit the amount of allies summoned at the same time by different players.
    - restricted to solo content (if not the other suggested changes are a must)
    This will never happen, the devs worked for months and months on allies, if they are solo only players won't grind them
    - locked to prevent more than one iconic at a time per caster
    There is a bug with aquaman passive allowing players to summon up to 3 allies if they abuse supercharges, which will probably get fixed
    - locked to prevent duplicates of any specific iconic in an instance at the same time
    Nahhhh, everyone should be able to play what they want, I don't want to go back to something like when we had to have only 1 nature or 1 eletric player at a time in content, but this time with allies. If 8 people want to use Zoom at once, let them.

Not everyone will agree on this, but the only thing I think should be looked at (on getting blocked or having the screen polluted) is reducing the animations, oracle throws a almost invisible projectile then goes away, but Zoom does a giant tornado. We need more Oracles and less Zooms
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

While I couldn't identify more with wanting the idea of fighting along side of cyborg, the practicality of adding eight more NPC's blocking movement is a nightmare. You even mentioned this two paragraphs above where you expressed wanting them to be out for longer. The only compromise would be to either make them like ghosts we can walk through or make them have 3 second cameos and then dip out.

Also, nobody is gonna spend money for higher solo content capability. I mean, I along with many others aren't gonna spend significant money period (maybe a fiver or tenner at most). That's coming from someone who enjoys solo content more than most of my in game friends and league mates. My eyes even slightly perked up at the solo batman passive. But beyond that, the idea of these being solo only isn't tugging at a single penny in my pocket. D.I. has to make a return on their investment of time and resources and turning this in to a solo content only upgrade is not deee way
    • Like x 1
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Having thought about this a little more I'd add this:

- they should be on a shared pet/backup/henchmen/etc timer so that players can only have one (out of all of these) out at a time and have to choose which it will be. This'll help reduce the pet clutter, in general, too all in one shot.
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Soooooo, pet reskins. Charon along with the visual design team have already been doing that and have done a pretty awesome job IMO. But this ain't that.
  8. Magnificent Loyal Player

This is my big issue. We want allies, not Sidekicks v2.0. If possible, make them non-blocking. Even lasting just as long as the player is aggro would make more thematic sense than having them just pop in for a few seconds.
    • Like x 3
  9. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Just my take currently they are not worth the money they cost. I say that, saying I know they intend to make money off this new system and I feel like I can speak for many people saying I can't see spending a nickel for what they currently offer.
  10. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Agree with all said sadly so far I am pretty disappointed with how underwhelming they are.
    • Like x 1
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Yup. The most important lesson I ever learned from my design education was from my fav instructor (and one of the best designers in NA) was; "Either do it, or don't do it." You can't half @$$ it or it'll be perceived as unfinished or lazy and you'll be getting requests to fix it for days. If you do it all the way, it gets perceived for what it is and the client/audience accepts it at face value and only simple edits and fixes get requested. I think this applies here; the devs have to go all in on this feature or not do it. The moment they go live with the feature in its current state the feedback will be that players want them for longer and so on.

In defence of the allies system, they spawn behind the player to minimize physical blocking that pets normally do, but in cluster fights (like open world) that won't matter at all and they'll still be there. The only way to really address this is by finally tackling the problem with Pets in the game (playstyle being too petcentric) finally. The pets themselves can't be non-blocking though because it has to have a hitbox if it's going to interact with other ingame objects and characters etc. At least as far as i'm aware.
    • Like x 1
  12. Falagon Developer

At this point no, it should not affect the allies. We are looking at each of these on a case by case basis and evaluating the balance effect they have. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

In fact, increasing the time will ruin the immersion effect. Balance in MMOs is a very important element, the longer allies stay the weaker their every action, otherwise you will create a senseless imbalance. Very significant, influential and powerful characters of the DC universe were taken for the allies. You cannot make their power at the pet level or even at the level of our characters it will ruin the whole effect ... but if an ally comes for a moment, uses one skill ... one shot, kick or whatever he usually does there, it can be done on the one hand, balanced and on the other hand, powerful, as befits a great hero. One attack can be as strong as our strongest skill, this will create the appearance of great strength, a great, influential character of the DC, while if the ally stays for a minute, then due to the balance he will be damn weak and will not look like a great hero but like a bunch garbage ...
    • Like x 1
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

And we're saying the characters have be full fledged allies and stick around to feel like an actual ally, or they shouldn't be a feature added to the game at all. If not, players will be asking for this to be "fixed" for the next 10 years. They're creating a headache for themselves if they don't implement the feature in a way that players reasonably expect it to be added.
    • Like x 3
  15. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Yall really figure something then to make Source shard more usable then every dps on the game using Transformation card. Not calling for a card nerf just looking for a buff in something that needs it.
    • Like x 2
  16. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

This is my same stance I feel they should be much more useful esp since they come out for a quick moment. If you going to do it do it right.. Their passives also shouldn't petty as they are now. If they come out have them do damage similar to a 10000 cost supercharge. They can go so many more useful directions like Wonder woman dropping in and granting the group or player a temp buff.
  17. Magnificent Loyal Player

Immersion and balance are two different things which are not necessarily linked.

Disagree. Instead of doing massive damage in a short period of time they can do far less damage while remaining longer but allow their passive to exist even when they are in the active slot. This means, of course, the passive has to be something worthwhile.
    • Like x 3
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

What does "resonable" mean? In this DLC, you fight Diana and Zoom in alert, they are strong enough to resist 5 minutes to 4 players. How do you imagine them as "full-fledged" allies without weakening either the allies themselves or our characters to the level of garbage? The way the developers did it is resonable and logical, but demanding "full-fledged" allies is just not "resonable". I will say more, this is a very good idea, since in this way we can use 10 times more DC characters without bothering with the difference in the strength of superman and batman, since any character can make one attack epic.

Think of the allied system, not as a companion system, but as a combat situation in which you fight hand in hand with Superman, Batman, Flash ... and at a difficult moment you shout: "Bruce help !!!" and he turns around at your scream and throws Batarang at your opponent ...
    • Like x 1
  19. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Basically you want to cosplay and have them around to look neat... I'm telling you right now the hard core player base that spends hundreds to max out arts and on things that increase their effectiveness wouldn't spend a dime for what your asking. That caters to the I want to look cool player base, which i'm cool with but not for what this system is looking to do and that's generate money for the game.
  20. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Exactly
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.