Test Discussion Introducing the Allies System

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Falagon, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

They mentioned it on stream and also, you cant do it on test. They have no plans to do this thing. As it was said, "It would be wierd to have Superman eat Batman" lol
    • Like x 3
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I still have the same questions. I used a new toon, did the Batcave walk-in, got Oracle, fortified it to 5 stars, which cleared the journal. I didn't claim any of the other Allies from the testing box. Looking at the vendor (Cyborg), I still see nothing for sale. So:

-Is there something special we'll have to do to unlock new Allies, or will they just be for sale on the vendor?

-Will the cost be in Source Marks or some other currency? It can't be Ally Favor (XP), that's what we use to level up Allies.

-I'm thinking new ones will be created for each new Episode (like Artifacts), correct?
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Intro Mission for Allies is still bugged. It'll tell you to open the Ally Menu and then the Introduction to show aroudn the new UI isnt popping up. Once this mission is done, then Cyborg will be available.

As others have pointed out, you can level up the 3 Bots to Max and this will complete the Mission so thats currently the work around. I believe this method is still working, I havent tested it tonight yet.
    • Like x 1
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Who knows... maybe on Krypton Bats are a delicacy?? ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It works.... I did it.... twice. ;)
  6. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

I think I made the same reply earlier come in drop a massive ST, AoE, HoT or a effect/Buff and dip out.
    • Like x 1
  7. Snoopy Level 30

Must of missed them saying that in the stream, I'll rewatch it and see where they said it. At least have a way to extract the favor from an older Ally into another like we used to do with the mods we made for gear back in the day. My concern is that they will come out with more Allies in which will make older Allies with all the Favor I invested useless.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Oh they will come out with more. It might be best to invest in just one for combat purposes and save up XP for the next batch.
    • Like x 1
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Maybe they could create some way to sacrifice allies into new allies.

Bonus points if they include a Yu-Gi-Oh reference
    • Like x 1
  10. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

From the explanation in the OP, it looks like that is the intention.
    And, from everything I'm seeing. All the devs really need are better numbers. Toss in some good effects and the new allies would be really good.
    The real questions would be.......

1. Do you make them really strong and limit their ability to be used with longer cool downs.
    2. Do you make them weaker and let them get spammed so to speak?
    Or
    3. Do you do both 1, 2 and everything in between based on the ally being used?

I say #3.
    I mean really
    If/when a Superman ally comes out.
    Should Supes hit like a truck and have a SUPER long cool down
    Vs
    Supes hitting like Arm Fall Off Boy (TDK) in the new Suicide Squad and being spammed??? ...WTF...LOL
    • Like x 1
  11. Snoopy Level 30

Just going on how frequent Artifacts are released and how often they changed up the meta. I'm sure there will be a similar pattern with Allies. Like with Artifacts its a grind to get the Nth metal to level something to 200. Having a system in place to extract Ally favor would be easier on players. Allies will be the new thing to have to stay competitive and relevant for House of Legends elite content imo. A system like this would be great to have so players don't get stuck with Allies that don't meet the ever changing meta.
  12. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

That's where im at improve the passives and on say a 15min timer allow them to come in and do massive damage,buff, debuff. We simply want something that is worthwhile.
    • Like x 1
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

False dichotomi, this is what you write, I already wrote in the previous post why you are wrong.

It is fundamentally wrong. With the increase in the time spent by the allies, the amount of work increases radically. You not only distribute the damage over time, but you also have to change the NPC behavior algorithm (how often it attacks, what does it do between large attacks, how it reacts to NPC actions, how movement occurs during a fight and not, how an attack is initiated between battles, and much more). The distribution of damage over time also complicates the balancing, with different attacks for different allies, the difference with each additional attack and additional second will accumulate.

If you make it so that only one of the types of pets / allies is possible at the same time, then you simply throw out half a year of work on either the allies system or the tier system for pets that Charon has been working on for the last half year. Now they complement each other, when you change they will be an alternative, as a result, people will use only one of them, instead of using both. The current iteration of the system is additional developed on top of the existing ones, yours will be a substitute ... and again if you want an adequate alternative, this again radically increases the amount of work, you should not just balance the components of one system, but the components of at least 4 systems ...

With the current system, the Batman will appear and after 5 seconds it will fly away, with your 50 Batman will be around on an ongoing basis .... you definitely do not notice the contradiction?
    • Like x 2
  14. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

A mercenary system would be great but I do not think it would work with iconic characters very well. They would definitely feel like sidekicks not allies.
    • Like x 1
  15. Grim931 Committed Player

I'm not able to test this, so the only information I have to go on is what others have stated.

That being said, is there any way to make these Allies' interactions based on the content or where they're summoned?

For example, in solo/single player/any area where you are not grouped up - the ally will remain with you and continue to provide help until you're out of combat. This could help those who are trying to level up but wish to do so as a support role, maybe they lack experience in solo play, or don't have a league to help them at any given time. Someone could also simply want to run things with an iconic by their side. If I remember correctly, this is is one of the things the game was aiming for at launch anyway but never really happened.

In grouped content - the ally works as it does now. Jumps in, does their attack, and leaves directly after. This would fit in with any kind of "lore" if applicable. The ally would come, "see" you are in a group and have help with you, and leave to do the iconic stuff that they do.

Just a thought, but if I were to put this much time (and/or money) into something, I would want it to be worthwhile. As it stands now, it doesn't seem it would be from my perspective.
    • Like x 2
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

The introduction walkthrough came up? I did it on two toons and didnt get anything. Was it on Hero or Villain?
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Yeah atm its not a system they are looking into from the sounds of it. Once you invest, you invest. More Allies will surely come but I doubt it'll be a system they'll do, especially without the approval of WB/DC cause again, Superman eating Batman isnt a thing.
    • Like x 2
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hero
    • Like x 1
  19. Magnificent Loyal Player

[IMG]

DCEASED content: CONFIRMED [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Like I said in my post, I used a new toon, did the Batcave walk-in, got Oracle, fortified it to 5 stars, which cleared the journal. So yes, I cleared the journal, didn't use all the allies from the box & Cyborg still shows nothing. So I still have the same questions for the devs.

-Is there something special we'll have to do to unlock new Allies, or will they just be for sale on the vendor?

-Will the cost be in Source Marks or some other currency? It can't be Ally Favor (XP), that's what we use to level up Allies.

-I'm thinking new ones will be created for each new Episode (like Artifacts), correct?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.