Any plans regarding PVP feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Bakes, May 12, 2021.

1. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Win Trading is cheating as evidenced by the TOS and by Mepps comments on the matter. Until a green name comes and confirms that win trading is ok then it will never be an acceptable way to obtain feats. You cannot have a green name tell us that doing something is cheating then expect us to use that same method of cheating to obtain feats in this game. Everytime someone has suggested 'all PvP feats are obtainable' they are talking about win trading 8s matches. Please can one of you green names finally clear up this matter. To me it is quite clear, but we do need clarification ASAP.

Secondly, the only acceptable feat points to sell are ones relating to 8's matches. If you have no intention of making any changes to PvP as Mepps has stated numerous times, and the only way to obtain feats from 8's matches is to win trade, I see no reason not to sell those feats.

Do not reduce the cost of gear, this is the single dumbest suggestion I cannot fathom, people need incentive to PvP, by reducing gear costs you only reduce the time people need to PvP, it's beyond stupid to make this suggestion while claiming that giving out feats would make queues even more dead, no reducing gear costs will make PvP truly dead, fact.

Really Panderus what we need is a green name to come in here and clarify what your intentions are
    -Do you have any intention to fix PvP in the near future?
    -Do you still consider win trading as cheating as Mepps has previously stated it was?

If you do want to fix PvP we also need clarification on the direction you wish to take PvP as that is where work on PvP fell apart. The devs appeared to want to go in a specific direction and split the community between those who did and didn't like that direction. So if you could clarify on the below
    -Do the devs consider immunities / Counters on live to be broken?

I suspect that you guys don't think it's broken as you previously wanted to remove immunity & shorten the counters, and as I understand it that is exactly how they work on live. However as you have also seen in this thread and many others, this is hugely unpopular, so your clarification the matter is important and would be appreciated.

That's all for now. Ideally, since you've responded to this thread it would be great to move it to the PvP section to get rid of all the riff raff that are clueless about the subject.
    • Like x 2
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

It would also not finish before reset time, so it would inevitably be a draw :(.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

How's this for a crazy idea, since the primary issue surrounding PVP is said to be queues not popping and the solution is to motivate people to want to run PVP regardless of whether they win or lose every time, why don't you make it so 'seals of preservation' have a chance to drop from PVP instances with the odds of the drop being greater in an 8v8 match.

I remember when exceptional recovery kits dropped almost exclusively from PVP it seemed and this was something that made people want to run it.

Appeal to the PVE players desires for something as equally related to their PVE experience to get them to play PVP ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Gucciana Committed Player

honestly who cares how someone gets their feats id rather more players with higher overall skill points
    everyone here is a small handful of opinions compared to the actual amount of players
    pvp sucks in this game noone wants to play it noone wants to have to cheat the sytem for a shot at the skill points
    just grant them be done with it and move on
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Want to run it? No. But want the reward/whatever dropped from there? Yes. That's how it would be if they just added something desirable to drop from pvp again, make the people that want nothing to do with that game mode suffer through it just so you can extend its life support a little bit, that's bad and would just lead to more complaints.
  6. FutureSoldier Active Player

Oh that's the case? So you're supporting to give away feats that are not easy to obtain anymore? Alright then I want all the old time capsule feats because they're pretty hard to gain.
  7. Bantos2 Active Player

The counter system is broken atm, I've couple threads explaining them but as you can guess it all got ignored. After they removed immunities the counter system got messed up, things like double countering showed up, shield being unable to lunge from long range and many more bugs/exploits which have all been reported but also ignored by the development team.

The people you're on about being "split" in two communities, both sides wanted an advantage on their own. The first group wanted Arenas to be like legends, no Role Based Gear , equal stats. And the other side wanted immunities removed, no rewards for countering and role based gear, no buffs for people without PvP gear. The first group I'm talking about was higher skilled than the second one but at the end of the day everyone wanted an advantage over others. If you ask me, the first "side" 's plan did make more sense than the second one, the only difference I would add would be to not take away the RPS system. Leaving all this behind I wonder what PVP's state would be by now if devs took more time asking what the above average players wanted instead of asking only those two groups.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No I'm not supporting giving out feats that you can still obtain, ie PvP. You want Time Capsule feats? Hop on over to Booster Gold.
    • Like x 2
  9. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Honestly that part isn’t on the devs. They do what they always do, post threads and ask for feedback. But the egos on both sides were too big and every thread turned into a dumpster fire. Looking back I think they should have just ignored the negative feedback at the time and carried on with whatever vision they had.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

If they go back and make the older PVE feats easier then yea they should adjust the pvp feats.
  11. Shalayah Committed Player

In regards to your 3rd point. I typically agree with the sentiment that if you want handouts. You aren’t good enough but lets be real…. The only way you can get PVP feats now is by cheating. That’s the only real true workaround because devs have no plans to work on PVP. Hell they don’t even try to encourage people to play that dumpster fire of a mode. Skill doesn’t exist in PVP anymore either lol.

I’ve gotten most of my PVP feats done when PVP was playable and active but that’s not the case for players in the current state of things. PVP is a huge time sink but it used to be fun. now there’s no point in investing that time in it if PVP is infested with spam and speed hackers. I wouldn’t mind a LTM where they increase the marks earned and feat counters like they did for LPVE otherwise I’m not against handing out the feats if devs have no plans on fixing PVP.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shalayah Committed Player

People don’t PVP as is even with the high cost of gear lmao. Reducing it would definitely encourage people to go out and play PVP even if it’s for a short time frame.
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm my own worst enemy it seems.

Just a few quick questions for everyone in here. Be honest tho. No right or wrong answer.

1) Do you think new players are strong enough to not be detrimental to your play experience? This assumes you use blind ques. (No from me, every pug run has shown me that there are 335crs that are weaker than I was around 270cr)

2: how often do you play? When was the last time you que'd for anything more than 1v1 or 2v2? (Daily for years, haven't qued any of that in 6yrs, never will again either. Because no point, did it the other day to see. Played 4hrs, nothing popped)

3: if something is broken and abandoned, do you want it? Is it not seen as trash at that point? What do you do with your trash? Keep it and force others to wallow in it? (No I throw it away)

We want stronger player base correct? We want new players to enjoy the game, spend, stick around yes? We want to enjoy the game ourselves and not be frustrated with carrying players yes? Do players that already have the feats and sp ever go back to pvp now? Why would they?

Every single incentivize pvp post has a giant glaring flaw: they make players go into pvp. Which is a terrible thing to do to old or new players for so many listed reasons. Anyone arguing at this point is just whiney for no reason. Congrats on your feats you got years ago. No one cares. We could make the game better for everyone at this point but y'all just want to hold it back. If there had been work done to pvp in the last half decade, I wouldn't be in this convo. There hasn't. It is abandoned. Just move on already. It's like a bunch of vietnam vets in here still holding grudges.
    Trading wins is not an answer. It is full on stupid to think that's what players should be doing. If that's how you're getting your feats then.... I don't want to get banned so no comment.

I will happily volunteer to not receive any feats or sp from this if they are given out as long as they go out to new players. Again, I'm good and all set. And just for some fuel to the fire, pretty sure I have the back from the hack and batman feat. Not on any list of missing feats I've seen. I'd also be completely against any pve or lpve feat handouts. Pvp only because I can list hundreds of reasons why and maybe 2 not to.
    • Like x 4
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'm pretty sure if there's 0 players it's EVE; but here nor there...
    • Like x 1
  15. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Short term gains but long term problems. I'm all for bonus weeks, I think they would be a great idea, but permanent reductions to me will only do more harm than good.
  16. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Here's the thing...I want to play 8 v 8 matches..I want to put in the effort...no one queues...so all you people saying the feats can still be earned explain to me how...an explanation that doesn't involve win trading... All these comments just reek of elitism..like somehow you need these few feats to feel like you're better than other players

People have recommended even the smallest of things for PvP, bonus weeks, new 102 gear, etc..to get things going..all met with "no plans for PvP"

At this point I feel like if you're one of the people that say the feats can be earned, yet you're not willing to play PVP (for whatever reason..whether it's because you have all the feats already or "PvP is so broken" or whatever..I don't care)..if you're not willing to play so that people can earn the feats then you shouldn't get a say in this whatsoever
    • Like x 3
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Genuinely not following that thought. It could get players to go in seeing as most already don't.

And not related to your topic, but has anyone else been laughing at the fact that mostly everyone against passing out feats has said to go in and cheat? Er, I mean trade wins. (Cheating). So basically all those speed hack hate posts mean nothing since not only are players pro cheating, they're telling others to go out and do it.
    • Like x 2
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It turns out that agreeing to queue up and agreeing to trade wins are two entirely different things.

Who knew?

Yes, win trading is a violation of TOS. Merely agreeing to queue up to fight each other is just fine. It's disingenuous to pretend they are the same thing,
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Quick side question on the 'cheating' of trade wins. Where does it systematically change game code? Where does it introduce or alter any game files? It doesn't. Now that we know it doesn't, it's not quite the same as speed hacking which does either or both of those things.

Now, if you random queue into a 1v1 batcave with someone who is obviously outclassed by you...like 10-0 in the kills with 0 captures and he fails to return to the fight area after his 10th time down...knowing he's outclassed. When you win by default, did you cheat? Do you chase him around the map vs fulfilling the objective of capturing the node or whatever? Remember the goal of the match is to capture the node, so by not capturing it when it's available....did you cheat? When you queue in with that same person 3 more times and seeing your name he does his 5K and then runs and hides in a corner while you run the counter down (or chase him for 10 min to run the clock out)....did you cheat? If he leaves the match and no one queues in to take his place so you win....did you cheat?

I know the answers....No, of course you did not cheat...right? Well a few of those sound pretty close to 'trade wins' except the other guy was never on the winning side. So an inequitable version of trading maybe, but yeah....not really a 'PvP win' in any true sense of the word...yet it counts.
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Not quite the same, I agree. But as a wise man once said, it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning. So flip that to it doesn't matter if you kinda barely sorta cheat cuz everyone does it or you speed hack, cheating is cheating.

In your description, players are choosing to do things that aren't "do your best to win". They're exploiting basically yeah? They will have most likely lost yes but there's always a chance. One that they didnt make an attempt on.

But let's ignore that all for a min. New player comes into this game. Honestly, which scenario helps make them a better player:
    Yours listed above or them going into pve a bit stronger and not getting kicked from a group while learning mechanics that are going to be actually useful further down the road?

Will they play pvp and think wow this is the game for me. No. Anyone says yes is lying to try to salvage a point. But put them into pve at less of a disadvantage and maybe they sub. Maybe they pony up for artifacts. Most likely scenario is they don't quit which is a much more likely scenario if they went into pvp.

And none of this addresses 4v4,5v5,8v8 which is what op and many others are posting solely about. It is dead. Elsa that part of the game. Every day for weeks at around 5am est, 1 player shouts for 8v8 Australia. I'm on for 2hrs. I see the shout continue over and over. They are trying and they are failing and it is sad to watch. That's 1 player trying to fill 1 team that will probably never get the que to pop because there isn't another 8 players that want to go in there.

But hey, we're only at 12 pages of yet another thread that has made 0 progress. Lets just all keep riding the Hope's and dreams bus to destination pvpwillgetfixed. It's right next to dinosaur island across from unicorn harbor.
    • Like x 3