Any plans regarding PVP feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Bakes, May 12, 2021.

1. FutureSoldier Active Player

PVP Feats shouldnt be given to anyone for free, there are feats that never got given to anyone except to people who were playing back then, like "Back from hack". PVP can still be played and feats can still be achieved. The "back from hack" feat cannot be achieved. ty
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

3 isn’t true, at least not in 1v1’s
  3. FutureSoldier Active Player

1v1ers are who killed pvp by trying to make arenas like legends with no role based gear and RPS system. Powers are unbalanced and and counters really arent rewarding considering there are no immunities and the counter damage is too low even with weapons experts, people can literally walk away from you and take no damage and if you try to lunge them it wont do much because the lunge damage is too low itself. yeah lunges were really strong before revamp but right now they're way too weak to the point can walk away and take zero punishment.
  4. FutureSoldier Active Player

1. It is indeed a bad idea to give players out the feats for free considering the feats are still available unlike Back From Hack feat

2. 1v1 and 2v2 legends queues pop all the time

3. Mepps has said they don't wanna do a bonus week without fixing the issues of pvp but they never said they are willing to give away the feats

4. DCUO queues have somewhat of an MMR system, something similar to "Skill base match making" if you look at the old pvp threads I'm pretty sure you will find it. So that's most likely the reason you're not getting any pops, due to MMR difference

5. Trust me they do not care if you or me or anyone makes a thread requesting a PvP update, we've been trying for the past 5-6 years and nothing yet.

6. People don't want to PvP because of how broken it is, if you played before revamp PvP was actually very active, queues popping all the time, leagues scrimming other leagues etc etc.
  5. Panderus Senior Producer

Do you all want the feats or the power points that they represent? My guess is the power points. Right now I think it's a bit unreasonable to play and complete all of the feats for all time in this game to get full feat points. I think feats are a good way to get players to go back and play old content, but it makes it hard to update or change old content (PvP or otherwise) with feats the way they are as well.
    • Like x 3
  6. Bantos2 Active Player

What are you trying to say?
    • Like x 9
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I didnt get it, are you suggesting a different path to get power points? If so, I feel like there should be a limit to what should be given a alternative way. Not being able to get PvP feats properly is a long time issue (4+ years) that has no prospect of change, the majority of the PvE feats can be completed with a certain level of grind and I wouldnt like this to change in the near future.
    • Like x 2
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Panderus' comment is very interesting. I wonder if it's a slight nod to changes coming in the future? Potentially even linked to the new feature that is launching later this year? Also called them Power Points instead of Skill Points, although that could just be a mistake since we used to have Power Points before the revamp a few years ago. Purely speculation.
    • Like x 1
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

He probably thought about Skill points, then remembered they changed the name, then confused Stat with Power
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Handing things out for free to everyone because "oh god I don't wanna get whooped" seems a lot less palatable than moving some of the goalposts around.
    • Maybe re-examine the reward structure, up some payouts or drop some Vendor costs, put things into a more comfortable reach. I don't feel like paying 5K+ ANYTHING a slot for Gear that is literally only useful for one antiquated thing either.
    • Could we even reorganize some of the amounts and targets associated with the Feats? Sure.
    • Does anyone need 1K duel wins? Not really. Once you're on the other side of 500 you're basically fighting by rote.
    • Do I wanna have to kill another 1800(ish) people for my Terminator title? No. I'm still working on it because I also suffered through 5K Reapers, but could I live without the rest of that grind? Sure.
    I'd love another, I think three SP at this point - not counting Legends stuff, which I tend to ignore. I'm pushing 460 so it's not a make or break factor for me though, and like I said - I already did most of the work.

I did a lot of PVP in the "way back when". And I'm still doing it now, even though cheats roam the Earth.

But those of us who are already pretty much invested in the PVP grind recognize that some of that grind took place in situations where PVP was also ... less than ideal. People tout the magic of the "old days" but aside from 'when counters actually functioned correctly' there is no real agreed-upon golden era of PVP.

On the other side of the same coin?

Duel feats and 1v1-2v2 are still mostly unaffected by the current state of PVP, aside from the speedhackers which there seems to be no unilateral response regarding. Maybe there's not a solid argument for 8v8 or Safehouse feats right now, but THOSE 1v1, 2v2, Duel Feats are all still PLENTY obtainable.

From the cheap seats : I think it would be fair to propose the movement of some of these goalposts, assuming that A.) a more efficient solution to speedhacking were implemented, and B.) some systemic address of PVP functionality were planned. I'm not suggesting re-balance and re-work the system, ground up - maybe "fix counters" and "update PVP gear stats", and call it a day. I dunno.

I DO know "here's a chunk of 25 SP, let us never speak of this again" seems a little unpalatable to those of us that DID play, and proposing a restructuring without also proposing mitigation of at least the two most glaring failings of the PVP system seems more like a pay-off than it does like player equitability. Just my two cents.

Also - partially related sidenote : it's nice to see a Dev response to a PVP-related issue. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No they're still called Skill Points in-game until you allocate then into Stat Points.
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Really do not want to be back in this thread but if a green name is here then has to be done. Won't be responding to anyone else tho so no matter how much you hate my comment, it's my comment to have

Grant the feats and sp and put it in the skip toons. And that is it. Anything pve can be earned and that part of the game is generally healthy. People want to take part in it. The game has far too much sp in it and that is very intimidating to new players. Plus new players need the help, they're very much underpowered. Other choice, and how I think it should have been to begin with, pull pvp feats from pve side. Reduces the amount of sp available which will help all the players complaining about content being too easy by making them weaker and helps the new players that see 600+ sp as too much effort to bother with staying and playing.

My personal opinion is still that pvp should either be locked up or just straight removed and leave dueling intact. Unless it's going to undergo a lot of rebuilding. Which I would prefer pve and associated things be put far ahead of.
    • Like x 1
  13. FutureSoldier Active Player

Devs please dont listen to people like this, these people are why the game would go downhill. You can tell he has zero clue about the game by saying "Everything in PVE can be earned" , alright then where is my "Back From Hack" feat and "Superman's 80th emblem"?
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Dear god why oh why. Congrats on getting me to respond. With "LMAOOOOOOO"
    Give up on those 2 stupid feats already.
    • Like x 5
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They want the points. Same as the way they want the back to the hack one, the Superman Emblem or any others EXCEPT PvP is still a thing in game. Admittedly it is harder to get the PvP feats now than in years past when PvP was a much larger part of the game (like 50%) and let's say worked 'better' than today.

That doesn't mean that there isn't an argument to making them more accessible (like some of the above suggestions like bonus weeks or some 10x kind of event), or give some incentive to spotlight the content to help things out...but giving or selling the feats off will take even more traffic out of that portion of the game...a portion that SOME people still enjoy. If people think PvP is dead now, remove the 'feats' incentive from it and watch it collect dust.
    • Like x 2
  16. Wildcat Committed Player

If they - the devs - do not have plans to update PvP or add new legends characters or skins they should just give us an "we re sorry gift"

"Sorry for not updating PvP, as a recompensation we re granting all PVP related feats for free for everyone, enjoy!"

[IMG]
    (devs vs DCUO PVP - animated)
    • Like x 1
  17. Dev72 Dedicated Player

What I have been doing is I inspect the opposing side. If it has "CPU" next to the name. I exit out and re-q. I have also PVP'd "back in the day"...and can tell you that PVP now and PVP then is entirely different where it required a level of skill over the current meta spam fest. I can certainly see why players that have not gotten PVP feats see that it is nearly unobtainable. Devs already said they have no plans to fix PVP moving forward in the near future (several years ago), therefore, making the gear and SP even more unobtainable in the unforeseen future.

That said, I agree that PVP feats should either be erased completely or given out. Just to be clear, I am pushing 570 SP, and have gotten 99% of the PVP feats already. For those in a similar situation, instead of complaining to or about the people trying to obtain those feats, we should probably shift focus on those that have allowed PVP to be in its current state. There is a huge difference in feats that are obtainable...such as in PVE..to the ones that are not in PVP.
    • Like x 4
  18. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Not sure if anyone ever suggested it, what about adding bots to those long dead queues? Tho idk if the technology is there (looking at batwoman in rotb who struggles with the simplest of tasks) if npc bots were viable tho in the way other games handle it, that might be a route.

Edit: i imagine in a similar way to the new elite choices, adding that effect to pvp bots, higher bot difficulty for higher rewards
    • Like x 1
  19. Magnificent Loyal Player

We want PVP fixed so that it's viable once again, at least to the point where people can earn these Feats themselves. The ideas for "fixing" PVP are vast and varied but there are many, what there doesn't seem to be is an interest in doing so from the development side (as evidenced by the many years since we've had any sort of PVP revamp or even content).

At the very least it would be a good idea to drastically drop the cost of the higher end gear sets so as to allow the few PVP players still playing (or interested in playing) to achieve the most even of playing fields and then experiment with builds and roles vs DPS (because what else is there to do without new PVP content).
  20. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Here is another idea. It is hard for me to imagine the old data from back when PVP was viable being erased. How about placing that data and script into a entirely different server, and I am not talking about the current switch from PVE to PVP ability we have now. I am talking about a completely different server link separate from the current one being used. That way, any adjustments made to PVP will not affect PVE and vice versa. Call it DC Combat or something that will not infringe on IP rights to mortal kombat..;)
    • Like x 1