Downtime Daybreak Extended Maintenance - April 20, 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Cap0037 Active Player

Hasn't anyone realized that this is a day of mourning for the passing of Megzilla?
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

They don't work weekends so probably why it's monday. Plus the uproar of taking a new dlc down 12hrs after launch would not go well. Just don't check your renown. Use a booster after your 9th run, collect all renown and you'll be full. It's safe, bunch of us did it yesterday. So at least no issues collecting it/ using it
  3. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Shouldn't subscribers have a higher gift than free-to-play players? No, because we pay every month anyway !!!

Otherwise, I think we should be able to know the reason of this maintenance especially considering the delay of this one, leaving us in the dark like that is still disrespectful towards the community, because let's not forget that the players are also investors!
    • Like x 2
  4. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Huh. Company-wide? So, are you moving to new servers? It sounds like a massive ... thing ... is happening. Thanks for the downtime gift, that will take the sting out of it.
  5. Cap0037 Active Player

Just so it's said:

DEVS:
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE EARLY HEADS UP.
    THE EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IS TRULY APPRECIATED.

Ok....now why can;t everyone seem to figure out that the new company is completely overhauling Daybreak systems...for all games...to better access/improve every aspect they can in the whole game library?

Yeah it sucks not to be able to play for a day, but it may lead to something better.

And if not then we can tar and feather them all soon enough right? :p
    • Like x 4
  6. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

Thanks for the heads up and the free gifts
  7. KevinGarnier New Player

It's been 3 months that i paid a subscription on the game and spent more than 150 euros for only maintenance, I think the gifts are good but an extension of the subscription would at least be welcome, knowing also that the new dlc isn't even complete and that what has been promised during the stream isn't even there. I'm french and since the game as been buyed, you didn't even take the opportunity for french players to make french voices just like Sony did, even the spelling of the grammar is bad sometimes. Since all the maintenances and the time you have, you could have at least have done this. The game as a lots of potential, the team for developement doesn't take the oppportunities, they could do so much better. Must be also why a lot of players moved on this game.

PS : A player who plays the game ever since the first year. I hope this message won't be missed.
  8. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

You pay $15 for an entire month, we are getting $25 in free gifts. What's the problem here?
    • Like x 8
  9. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

We were literally informed of the reason - it's Daybreak maintenance and not game maintenance - DCUO (and I presume all the other Daybreak games) won't be altered.

They are giving us 3 days forewarning and free stuff, that's being the complete opposite of disrespectful. I like the shift to this new trait, long may it continue.
    • Like x 9
  10. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Whoa, 24 hours.. Did all of the hamsters escape? :D

Anyhow, it sucks, but hopefully it's for the better of the games overall. Thanks for the early notice and free gifts.
    • Like x 1
  11. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Well done announcement, nice touch with the 2 tiers of gifts...however...Preservation? They have equal chance of being worthless as not, less so the higher up the Artifact level. That's more of a passive aggressive smack in the face. One day I have faith you're gonna do something for the community that doesn't have even a trace of a smear of excrement on it :rolleyes: #hopespringseternal
  12. ROOTE Well-Known Player

You realize this sounds as if she's died? What's the story?
  13. Eve YouTuber

She just left the company. Some of us just bummed out about it because we enjoyed her presence.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Anyone else really realy hoping that they dont come up within 24hrs? Lol im really liking these new people running dcuo. Good @ z z customer service

... i only need the extra 50 source marks lol

Also yall arent slick. I know what day Tuesday is
    • Like x 2
  15. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

The game could be down for a week for whatever reason and D-Ink could offer a 3 month sub to everyone plus a 500 source mark pack, nth metal packs, an artifact cache, x number of seals, 500 replay badges and 500 loyalty points, two 290 cr skips and 15 stabilizers and one Booster bundle box t'boot and some will still complain about it.

I mean hellfire and lave enemas, the game could be down for a month and the thank pack mentioned above is quadrupled along with 250 marks each plus 500 secondary currencies each from the last 3 dlcs and it still wouldnt enough to some of our over inflated self important and super sense of entitlement players.

I personally hope its down for a days. We have the 24 hour thank you gift pack and if its past that the increased thank you gift pack (presumably hours 25 to 48) if its past 48 hours, I wanna see what that increased gift pack will be.
  16. Clawed Active Player

Take your time......
  17. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Not to root against the Devs but that 18,750 Artifact XP is looking real tasty about now.
    • Like x 1
  18. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Am I the only one hoping for a 24hr and 1 min downtime? Not rooting against Daybreak or anything.....or am I?
    • Like x 2
  19. Scytthe Well-Known Player

I think you are only one in a hurry to receive 3 seals of preservation D, noone wants that

Th other gifts are appreciated tho
    • Like x 1
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4