Skill points are a pain!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lightnings Revenge, Apr 4, 2021.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

Nobody is wrong in all 3 quotes....so how does this make any sense?
  2. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Yeah... Someone from US server will group up with someone from EU and with X-Box... and even with Switch... Cool story. It's not working like that. And I actually not for granting free feats, but for complete revamp rewards system. Devs started with membership upgrade so time will show what will be next.
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It can be if you make it fun. Pick a slow day, like maybe Sunday. Dedicate some time to busting out 3 or 4 feats each week. It'll accumulate faster than you can imagine, you'll bond with your league better. Or you can have a defeatist attitude, run to the forums and just offer up your wallet because "it's too hard".
    • Like x 4
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

I mean a friend list, league, custom chat and forums are a given to most mmorpgs worth their salt. DCUO just needs a more robust LFG and the cries for finding content will quiet down some.
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Which they won't bother with since all they'll have to do is wait it out and then buy those feats later once the precedent is set.
    • Like x 2
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

How can you make something fun, if you arnt engaged with it
    [IMG]
  7. Berza Committed Player

There are at least two players in this thread who play on EUPCPS server. I am not giving names because it's against forum rules (even when it wouldn't be blacklist but anyway). I am pretty sure the two first players in write here are in the same too, USPCPS.
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's only a nightmare if you're silly enough to think you need to unlock them all in a week or two. Take your time and work your way up.
    • Like x 2
  9. Berza Committed Player

I can agree with you here. A better matchmaking and a chat UI revamp are much needed and would help the community as a whole.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yup....quite a fair amount of feats you can pretty much buy. Apparently that's not enough for some people (give them an inch, they'll demand a mile). Episode feats still need to be earned. There's still a reason to run that content. Sell those feats and you effectively kill that content and begin the real end of the game.
    • Like x 2
  11. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Nope. Nightmare it's when you search Tank or Heal half hour+ day to day... And when you trying to explain how to do feats or just finish content(hello ToD), but people think they are smart too much and keep wiping or writing some crap in chat or just leaving after 1st attempt, or stand afk and trolling\griefing(hello event content)... No one supposed living in game. If you can that not mean that everyone else must.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Why are they not engaged with it? And if this is their feeling, then what will motivate them to run current feats as they go purchase older ones from the marketplace?

I just find all of this a bit silly. There's a problem, and all of these people possess the solution to it right in their hands. But because of a few minor obstacles that they themselves can overcome, their solution is to throw their wallets at it. If these people spent as much time looking for at least 7 other individuals in the same situation to join them in getting feats as they do asking to pay for them, they'd be a quarter of the way already.
    • Like x 3
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The 10x LPvE is a special bonus event and you still have to play the content to receive the bonus. The free Valentine's feats and R&D feats are from content that was either completely removed from the game or made obsolete and impossible to finish.
    Time Capsule feats are a gamble unless you are buying rewards directly from Booster Gold.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

For example Valentine Style set still in game, but now we must buy it.
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Do you know all the people in this thread and can confirm that they are from different servers/factions?

What we need is not for actual, Episode content-feats to be outright for purchase... We need smoother ways to get into older, less populated content and maybe, possibly more incentive for players to revisit it. What we do NOT need, is a "let me get as much SP as THIS guy, just 'cause"-button.
    • Like x 2
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I always thought SP should be earnable from simply running content. Each peice of content gives you a certain amount of XP towards your next SP, obviously with checks and balances to make sure it's not abused of course- at least that would logically make more sense....like, your character should become better and more experienced when they run content, and shouldn't rely completely on trophy feats to increase their stats (outside of gear, augments, and artifacts obviously- before someone tries to play Mr/Mrs Specific).

As a villain it really can be a pain getting into older content to get feats, and something needs to be done- but not buying sp. Never in a million years should that be implemented. There's already enough grind that can be bipassed when you have a wallet as green as the Amazon (too soon?....).

Another point you need to consider also, sp makes up only a portion of your characters performance, and that might be how the devs see it. With Artifacts, gear, augments, there's multiple ways to bolster your toons strength, therefore enhancing sp may not be very high on their list for all we know.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Once more time: I not for granting free feats or buying feats, but for complete revamp rewards\progression system and LFG too btw. So you can take a deep breath, exhale and stop trying to prove something to me.
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Devs have already said they want to/ will figure out a way to make old raids have adjustable que sizes or something similar to a walk in portal. So that alone should crush the need to make them purchasable.

Lfg isn't dead or anything, it's just a small-ish community so players reply to players that they know/ know they know what they're doing. Leagues and sister leagues go a long way. There's 10 to 12 of us in my clique and even if a few of us have the feat, we will still do it again for each other. Create those friendships. Because it's also the same group that runs new elites together so practice is practice.

As for the comments of making xp eventually fill up an sp bar, it's not a bad idea. Could still have feats that grant much more xp. But the downside would be the players at 600+ would be able to get to 800 real quick and then anyone under 400 looks bad. Everything we change has an adverse effect at this point. So playing the game as is is always my preference. My 1st feat was 2011. I'm still not at the 500 club because I don't do TC's, i barely use broker, and I'm missing a lot of styles. All mine are from actual content. Which means i could probably buy my way close to 600 as things are already. Aka, buying feats is already something op can do. Spend those source marks, spend all the real money you'd like and open tc's. Done deal. Run whatever feats you can solo, duo, or alerts if finding full groups is tough till changes are made. I just finished 5k reapers yesterday after 9yrs lol. Patience is a virtue they say
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

some people genuinely dont enjoy the tasks of the feat system and they get left behind due to a "optional" feature of the game they chose not to engage with. Why would i care about a style achievement when i have all the styles i could ever want?
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

Then why are you even replying to me? Every single comment I've made in this thread have been addressing the OP's requests of getting to purchase SP's. Your original point in the argument upon responding to me was actually in favor of the OP's request. Atleast stand behind your own arguments.
    • Like x 1