What about just giving Arenas PvP a fresh start?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Cyclonic, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Why not just treat it like Legends to begin with? Everyone is a dps. Every power has a single loadout. You got your burst, your dot, shield, heal, offensive super, and an evasive backflip or something. Start it off simple so its as fair as possible and then slowly add to it from there? Separate PvE stats entirely and make it its own game. In its current state, it's not like they have anything to lose. Even if it absolutely fails... Worst case scenario is it sparks the interest of players who have long since left the game and they come back and spend a few bucks.
  2. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Sry but really tired to see these posts asking to remove roles in arenas.
    This makes 0 sense at all and will not fix anything. Roles are good in arenas and aren’t ta problem at all.
  3. Be Humbled New Player

Arenas and legends should be two separate game modes, roles are completely fine considering every power has a role that they can play. Making everyone dps and have premade loadouts is just legends 2.0 which would probably be the death of arenas entirely
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

If you don’t like fighting roles, just leave, man. That’s what I do myself, and I’m strictly a dps
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I actually like roles... I like them even more without RPS...
  6. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Apparently I am not explaining myself very well. I meant to break arenas down to its barest bones to make it manageable to balance. There's just too many variables to consider for anyone new approaching the task. Breaking it down and starting it over and turning it into its own mini game within a game is the only way I can imagine it becoming popular again. I would prefer roles as well but it isn't required for me to enjoy pvp.
    • Like x 1
  7. Scytthe Well-Known Player

No no and no.
    Roles are here for a reason and they dont cause any issue.

The game dont need to adapt to new players, new players need to learn the game like everyone else thats it.

The best era for pvp was 2011-2015 and roles were here. Stop to dumb down the game for new players they have to learn that is it.

They arleady made pve easy enough and its bad.

You are trying to find some issues that are not and that have never been issues in arenas.
  8. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

The biggest issue is the complexity and vastness of the undertaking and the small likelihood of profiting from touching it. Its unrealistic to fix it in its current state without serious expenses. There's only one logical solution... Blow it all up.
  9. Scytthe Well-Known Player

You haven’t played many games before if you think it’s impossible to fix pvp, the only reason it’s unrealistic it’s because it’s Daybreak in charge of this game and all they care is making money with pve.

Also removing roles in arenas is the worst idea you could ever find.
  10. Bantos2 Active Player

2015 was one shots era.
    Imo everything was okay until 2017 where revamp happened. Each PVP "era" had its' own meta and was playable, unlike when the revamp happened and it became a spam fest
    • Like x 3
  11. LightningEl_ Level 30

Its been so long since a PvP update and since I have played PvP that I don't even know where to give feedback cause I forgot it all :oops:

I remember there was a counter mechanic a move to stop healing or give power. I believe most liked it that way it was called RPS I think

PvP can come back with the right changes the devs need to put some effort and give some love to PvP and bring back PvP seasons

Alot of those players will return, actually I cant say that its been too long. The neglection is unreal

cant believe they just ignored it all to the point I forgot this game has PvP
    • Like x 1
  12. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Same here, I still can't believe till this day there is no update on PvP, also what is more unbelievable is that alot of PvE players don't seem to acknowledge or care about the state of PvP even after 10 years of PvE content and non- PvP content.
  13. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I made a personal post back in Dec 2018 to hard reset Pvp. See post 2 of this thread. Recommending a Pvp hard reset is not new. I surely was not the first to post about it in 2018, but I am pretty sure that none ever recommended the kind of hard reset I proposed to try and propel DCUO pvp past the Catch-22 conundrum.

Give that entire thread a look-through just to check out what others have proposed/commented/questioned about before regarding DCUO pvp.

But if you don't know it yet......
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

That being said, I commend you for trying. Don't Stop.

14. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Why? Because of

[IMG]

See Mepps 2018 post #21 in the I just want simple answer from anybody from Daybreak Game Company. thread quoted below:

15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Roles are definitely overpowered against dps, there’s a reason why you see so many trolls and tanks in pvp.
    • Like x 1
  16. wingnix New Player

which addonns and configs u use?