We still had 2 hours before shutdown.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Dec 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rejchadar Inquisitor

In fact, yes. When you are planning something in a very, very narrow time frame, you must also take into account unforeseen circumstances due to which everything can go down the drain, and psychologically tune in to failure prematurely. Plan with a margin of safety ... including psychological ...
    • Like x 2
  2. EdwardF Well-Known Player

I get what he's saying too, but the point of this thread was clear from the first post and was reinforced by several other people all stating the same thing well before he ever brought this up.
  3. smlaude Active Player

I never said we are paying for bonuses, we are paying to play. Look I don't want to get in a semantics battle, my gripe is the sudden change as it seemed intentional. A direct response to previous bonus weeks. Just felt unnecessary to arbitrarily change the cadence of the rewards. Am I grateful to get anything this past week, yes. Would I have reset things last night had I known I wasn't able to this morning, definitely. At the end of the day, it was an unnecessary step to cause any riff in the community. Its not being ungrateful to be upset that their cadence was changed in a week that mattered to most.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

It's not an "extra" 2 hours.... It's the 2 hours that they were told they'd have.

That is a problem to have a legitimate grievance over.

The problem seems easily explainable.....

They went on vacation and the time table for reset: They just forgot that they never updated the system for THE NEW RESET TIME... which is 2 hours after the old reset time.

How they handle this is the issue.
    • Like x 1
  5. EdwardF Well-Known Player

A server crash is an unforeseen circumstance that many here would probably excuse. The fact that the bonus went down while the servers remained up for two more hours destroys your argument in this case.

Frankly I'm more bothered by all the victim-blaming going on than the initial error. Clearly an error was made and people have a legitimate complaint. What purpose does it serve to come in and push blame onto the players?
    • Like x 2
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

that extra double tap period on a thursday morning after reset but before shutdown is always sweet. especially if its something like double nth metal or bonus stabilizers. extra extra bonus.

when all is said and done how much did you really lose out on versus how much extra? i know it would have been nice to score some extra marks and time beacons but you missed nothing. any additional progress you may have been hoping to make this morning will be very easily made up.

this is not worth something taking a stand for.

i always give people a few freak out passes, especially ones that are generally kind and friendly on the forums so if you need to keep at it go for it but you'll be better off letting it go.
    • Like x 1
  7. Caroline Dedicated Player

To be honest, I wasn't as affected, I had already ran the dailies & raid on 3/8 of my toons, but many others in my league were and yes, people have lives and some of them, like the screenshot I posted up above, do their best to get online and do whatever they can in these last hours of the bonus.
    • Like x 3
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I can give you hundreds of examples where, regardless of whether the developers made a mistake or not, you would still lose your bonus, precisely because of planning activities without a margin of strength. The purpose of my posts, just to point out how you can avoid frustration due to the mistakes of others ... and how not to spoil the mood of others with your mistakes ...
    • Like x 2
  9. Caroline Dedicated Player

1. Server: USPC, Villain Side.

2. I've been playing this game since 2013, so no, I'm not a scrub as you may think. I was NOT maxed out on marks, in fact, I NEVER max out on marks, because I ALWAYS check on them and make sure I spend them on something.

3. Literally the whole LFG chat was spamming that the event had ended 2h before SD and once I ran the raid, I saw that myself.
    • Like x 3
  10. Ice Lynx Dedicated Player

I doubt developers just decided to hit the switch and be like "Oh hey it'll be fun to shut it off and annoy some people".
    Most of them haven't even been online for quite some time or shown any activity, many people are on holidays, it has to be some error in the system.

From what I can tell, it seems only US has been affected. Not sure about Xbox or Switch, but I stayed on EU with a bunch of people until server restart and we all were getting double marks until it went down.

I feel for those affected, but please let's show some patience and compassion before we start marching with torches and pitchforks because of something Devs might not be even aware of, and maybe wait for official response. :oops:
    • Like x 2
  11. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

This it the funniest bit of the whole thread. I wasn't PERSONALLY affected either (only slightly inconvenienced on one toon and didn't get the double marks on 2 other toons but they are backup toons for me anyways). It was more about the fact that it ended before it should have ended but people always find a way to derail threads into unrelated nothingness. Anyway, I will go and play the game now. Have a happy 2021 everyone!
    • Like x 2
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Not really.

Being disappointed or annoyed is not the same as this "psychological damage" canard you seem to be floating.

In fact, the players went on good faith that what was stated would happen would happen. It did not. They have every right to be annoyed and to complain. There isn't another side. Just that one.
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Do I forbid you to be upset? If you like this condition, in no case follow any advice that will help you avoid this condition in the future. So the developers also decided that their plans do not need any safety net ... accounting for mistakes, unforeseen situations ... contingency plans, psychological preparation in case of failure, fire-resistant clothing when the disgruntled throw themselves in with torches and pitchforks? why ... and so it will do ... if you can always say that only, and only others are guilty of everything ...
    • Like x 1
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

You're really overthinking this.
    • Like x 2
  15. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I disagree. I'm not victim-blaming at all.
    My intent isn't to antagonize people, if that were the case I'd be far more petty and rude than I have been. In fact if you read everything I've said, on multiple occasions, I have stated that their frustration does have merit. However, I think it's fair to openly wonder why people haven't been taking advantage of this for the entire week that we've had it. Perhaps my lack of understanding in this is due to the fact that I have taken advantage of the bonus throughout the week that we had it, so an extra 2 hours on day 8 wouldn't have mattered to me. I can't personally fathom being that upset over losing 2 hours on day 8 of a 7 day event, regardless of what Mepps says in his posts. So again, I'm not blaming anyone. Just wondering why anyone would be that upset about 2 hours when they had 7 days longer than we have gotten for years.
    • Like x 1
  16. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

I wish I had the ability to wake up in between reset and shutdown to be able to do extra weeklies and have double marks for a little while on a Thursday...I wonder what that's like to get a bonus twice in a week. That could be seen as "unfair" by some, or "luck of the draw" by others.

But, I must say and it PAINS me to do this...I do have to agree with Caroline here. This seems strange that they would implement these changes so awkwardly when it clearly states on the original bonus post that the double marks are done at shutdown, not 2 hours beforehand.
    • Like x 3
  17. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

We don’t all have matching schedules.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Actually, there are a few sides to this.

A side where people are annoyed they lost 2 hours of a bonus week.

A side where people are indifferent

And a side where a timing mistake was made within the system.

Whether or not it was done purposely..that remains to be seen. But, after the post made by Mepps regarding people feeling entitled..I would 't be surprised the bonus week got cut short purposefully.

Either way..bonus weeks was something that clearly didnt have to happen...they did them anyway.

The feeling of entitlement typically surfaces after it becoming the norm.

Please keep in mind I am not insinuating anything or challenging you personally in anyway. Wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea about this post in particular.
    • Like x 3
  19. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I don't expect people to have matching schedules. Especially over the holidays. But the fact of the matter is, this game is entirely recreational and optional, and with all due respect, If the bonus currency is that big of a deal, you can find time in the 7 days that it's available. If you can't make time, that's a huge bummer, I get that. But you can't blame the devs for not conforming to your schedule. The good news is, that if, for some reason, you were unable to take advantage of this bonus currency week, there will be more coming.
  20. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Oh. Actually, expecting that what was stated by the developers was actually going to happen has nothing to do with entitlement. Hope that clears things up a bit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.