Top Bug - Fixed Problem with The Rundown / Can't Stop mission in Central City

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by darth_paul, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Sprout Robinson Active Player

The speed buff for "Can't Stop" bugs out for the characters whose powersets involve shapeshifting apparently. I am a nature-based character and the speed buff will only apply if I'm in wolf form. It's apparently been flagged as a bug for quite some time but hasn't been addressed
    • Like x 3
  2. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Yes, I had made one of those previous threads on this myself and I believe it was Mepps who said to use the wolf form to fix it. I don’t really use wolf form though, so while I know how to fix it, I haven’t gone back to do it. Lol!
  3. Anthatopp New Player

I was doing random missions in my journal, when I went to go do the Central City Flash missions it told me I had to talk to Flash so he could vibrate my molecules and while vibrated I had to do another objective, but when I go up to the Flash to do the objective there's no "hold to do the action" button on the screen, even after restarting my game I still somehow could not talk to the Flash in Central City so he can "vibrate my molecules", please help I'm trying to finish most of my missions.
    • Like x 2
  4. Rabbid Animal New Player

Same !!! please fix !!!
    • Like x 1
  5. Phoenix Rizin New Player

I'm also experiencing this bug on my Gadgets/Acrobatics character.

Edit: An interesting note...I was standing on the Flash museum posting here, not in any group, but the counter for absorbed energy went up. I don't know if just being close enough to someone completing it does the trick, but thought I should mention it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Phoenix Rizin New Player

UPDATE! Unequiping The Strategist Card artifact allowed me to get the speed buff! Don't know if any other artifacts might be causing the issue but this fixed it for me.
  7. Phoenix Rizin New Player

Posting in this thread as well in case. Unequiping The Strategist Card artifact allowed me to get the speed buff! Don't know if any other artifacts might be causing the issue but this fixed it for me.
  8. Aftermath New Player

Still bugged, I cant get super speed on my 310 rage hero...
    Help?
    • Like x 1
  9. OG Betray New Player

Dlc2 lightning strike daily mission "can't stop" Flash is not "tapping" you into the speed force to absorb 8 civilian force energy.
    • Like x 1
  10. Super Jamma New Player

We cannot get Flash to give us our speed boost. Me and my dad have been trying for a few day but it's still not working.
    • Like x 3
  11. Corrich New Player

This is happening to me too.

It's not terribly important at the moment. I'm well past this content and am only there to finish off the more grindy feats, but I figured I might as well get something done while mindlessly slaughtering paradox reapers. It'd just be nice if it worked.
    • Like x 1
  12. Blayze_47 New Player

I was doing the exact same thing. Figure I could snag a few Source Marks along the way too.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sprout Robinson Active Player

If you are still having trouble, what powersets are you? For Nature for example the speed boost only happens if you are in your wolf form.

You don't need to talk to Flash to get the speed boost, it should happen automatically when you approach him, and you'll get some extra lightning effects around your toon to let you know it worked. Without knowing your powersets, I would say make sure that quest is the one your actively tracking and try unequipping your artifacts since apparently some of those interfere for some reason. You also need to be in your toon's fast movement mode when you get the speed boost.

I see one person mentioned the Rage powerset, that didn't have a power-specific bug that I recall from when I was figuring this out for my toon, but I'll do some googling.

I'll also say that if all else fails you can get in a group with someone who isn't having this problem, then they can do the quest again on their toon and as long as you're both in Central City you'll get credit for it. I did this for someone last week while working on the paradox reaper feat.
  14. blimblem New Player

Having the same problem with mental and celestial characters, both flight. Started happening after the 31st century update and I tried removing the augments from that and all artifacts, still no luck.
  15. Super Jamma New Player

I have a mental character and shes still not able to do it I have even contacted daybreak games and they're still not doing anything. I fly past him and it stops me for a second like it's trying to give it to me but it doesnt. Any suggestions?!
  16. stretch73 New Player

I have several characters each with different powersets, so far my tech and water characters can not complete this quest. My Tech has 5 of 8 done and I don't know how she got that.
  17. orioles5 Level 30

I'm having the same problem as a hero in the Central City rundown or whatever it's called. I used to do this ok but with several of my characters now gets it for a split second then back to regular flying.

Why has this been wrong for soooo long???!!!

Orioles5
  18. Donny DarkCyde New Player

Was in Central City doing missions and came back the next day and could not get speed boost from zoom to complete the mission called “The Run Down”. Forgot about it and tried again 2 days ago and still not working even today. I asked another villain player today and he confirmed its not just me. Also brought this up in a Facebook group and a player on hero side says she hasnt been able to interact with the flash for the equivalent mission on the hero side.
    I submitted a ticket and was told to delete cache on ps4 but that did not help. Still when next to zoom, he just stands there and no speed boost.

Anyone else able to test and see if it happens for them? It worked last month.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For those of you having the issue, can you join a group and let someone else get the mission/complete it? It sounds like different users/powers can get it while others can't. It's been a while but I know I hated this mission when I first arrived it the level, but needed the marks/gear back then and ran it daily. I normally ran it with a friend and we'd grab all missions and I'd do the others while he would do the 'can't stop' one. As it sounds like most of the users here just want it out of their journal, if this still works (sharing count credit in a group), it should get the job done.

Not saying it's a fix, but it would get it out of the journal. I'd go test it myself, but hey...I don't want it stuck in my journal if it doesn't work.:eek:
    • Like x 1
  20. Donny DarkCyde New Player

This should actually work. Now finding someone to group with. Of course im probably gonna try to access it again once it’s cleared just ti see what happens.
    But thanks for the workaround.
    • Like x 1