Top Bug - Fixed Problem with The Rundown / Can't Stop mission in Central City

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by darth_paul, Oct 1, 2019.

1. orioles5 Level 30

As per Reinheld...through the years (up to about 1 year ago, I left for about a year and just came back about 2 weeks ago.), I was able to do different hero/villain types (ice, fire, ammo, etc. with any of the movements) and NEVER & I SAY NEVER had a lick of problems until I just came back on and did the missions when I got through the progress.

Thanks,

Orioles5
  2. MarkR92 New Player

I can’t absorb speed force energy and to take another speed boost from the flash. Can you fix it?
    • Like x 2
  3. Glister New Player

I'm having trouble with this bug as well as of December 20th 2020. This isn't really that pressing of a matter but I would appreciate a work-around if at all possible as I'd like to be done with this mission and get rid of it from my journal.

Power: Light
    Movement: Flight
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The work around should be to team up with someone who can complete it and get credit from them doing the mission. The count on the civilians should count to everyone in the party, within a certain range. Now...finding someone who wants to group AND wants to take the chance on it not working....well, that's another matter. The other work around is to hide the journal entry. Yeah...I hate doing that too, but it does effectively get 'rid' of it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Glister New Player

Hmm, well... that's one way around it I guess, cheers for the helpful tip.
  6. sebfm Well-Known Player

Same problem here.
    Power Gadget
    Movement Acrobatic
    • Like x 1
  7. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I been trying to do this quest , everyday last few days, it Not working correctly .
    There no speedy boost from the flash which I unable to continue the quest

My powers ICE . Movement is flyer.

Please fix it . Thanks
    • Like x 2
  8. PolarisSylar Committed Player

This bug is not fixed yet. I want to completed this quest. Please help.
    • Like x 1
  9. Gerry Well-Known Player

On the Villain side, every time I approach professor zoom his speed force Energy is not transferring to my character is there’s something wrong with him? I will attempt to return to central city to see if he still works
    • Like x 1
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Took a new character to "Lightning Strikes" Central City for the first time today. Talked to the Flash and got the whole "I can vibrate your molecules" routine. Then... nothing. No superspeed, no speed force, can't run alongside speeding citizens, still have my normal movement mode (flight). Going back to Flash doesn't do anything, and logging out of the game, then coming in again, has no effect.

Tried it with a different character, same thing.

Used the launcher to verify my game files - no issues.

This was on the EU PC/PS server.
  11. Eve YouTuber

• Like x 1
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Also not working Hero side. Talk to Flash, and nothing happens. No speed force. Tried it on a couple of characters today, without success. Restarted the game. Validated game files. Nothing. Characters keep their normal movement modes.

Mission shows in journal, but can not be done. EU PS/PC server.
    • Like x 1
  13. ReedSpacer New Player

this mission is TRASH. does NOT work right without super speed.
  14. ReedSpacer New Player

if you are a non-speedster, use Bolt Energy Drink (or likely the speed boots) to change your movement type to super speed, THEN flash withh give you the boost needed to complete the quest.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Anyone try doing this using the new speedster ring from the event? Seems like it might do the trick, as it gives you speed movement. I have not bought it yet, but it might be worth a test as I believe the ring is also for a feat, so it will likely be on everyone's purchase list eventually.
    • Like x 1
  16. Damon Clau New Player

I was just able to test this, as I learned one of my characters has this glitch. The ring seems to work to tricking the system into letting you continue. At one point I was attacked and stopped being able to slow down citizens. After returning to the flash I was again able to resume the mission.

Sadly this 'fix' just cost me time, something I don't have in excess.
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Good to know it works anyway, in case there are those looking for a work around and the fix is probably nowhere on the horizon.
  18. JakarrKingDCUO New Player

So for a few months now, when i go to Central City the Run Down mission from Zoom is glitched. I go to Zoom and it knocks me out of Flight like its giving me speed but im not getting speed. I go to move and im still flying. Ive played since 2011 and never had this issue. Now suddenly for the past two months, its a problem.
  19. JakarrKingDCUO New Player

So for a few months now, when i go to Central City the Run Down mission from Zoom is glitched. I go to Zoom and it knocks me out of Flight like its giving me speed but im not getting speed. I go to move and im still flying. Ive played since 2011 and never had this issue. Now suddenly for the past two months, its a problem.
  20. Eve YouTuber