That raid is a masterpiece

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Caroline Dedicated Player

I think that's one of the best raids ever made! It's so much fun, it brought a lot of memories while going through the old places, it was just... ugh, I can't even describe it! Everybody in my group kept saying how awesome it is, it's just beautiful!

Thank you so, so much for giving us such fun content, I love it!
    • Like x 13
  2. Eve YouTuber

About to run it on normal with my league mates, excited! It was really fun on test, I only ran it once though so any chances that were made I do not know of xD
    • Like x 2
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, I've only done the event version, so far, & that was a great laugh. good group, just full on relentless punchy fun. had a real good time. cannot wait to try out the regular. I bet that's brutal! lol. I enjoyed the alert, too ( despite the bugs ). haven't got around to any of the open world stuff yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

by the way, you're EU, yes? is Caroline your toon's name? you weren't in the raid with Bomb Squad, were you?
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the map is absolutely, absolutely outstanding. feels grand and epic through and through.
    • Like x 7
  5. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I was wondering what people thought of the new raid? Parts you particularly enjoyed or cringed at? Do you feel like having this one raid and the open world bosses is an even exchange (play value, fun, rewards, etc.)?

Personally I was incredibly disappointed. I've just run regular once so far, so maybe there are intricacies that I missed, but it seemed like it was just a lot of trash mobs (and I mean a LOT of trash mobs- and they weren't even challenging or tricky trash, just generic enemies) and a couple of cookie-cutter boss fights.
    • Like x 3
  6. Daniel101773 New Player

Parts we ‘cringed’ at?? Who cringes at a raid? God this term is so absurdly overused
    • Like x 2
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Aesthetically speaking, the map is very beautiful. The team did an excellent job of blending the different areas together.

As a playing experience though, the raid ends up feeling very empty. You end up fighting a lot of small trash mob groups on a long corridor crawl. It felt like some of the larger rooms were supposed to have puzzles, but maybe those got removed during the production process. The boss fights on Normal difficulty were more tedious than difficult - especially the Zeus fight. On my playthrough, Zeus just kept jailing the same people over and over in rapid succession while going through a small mechanic rotation. It wasn't very fun if you were the one that kept getting jailed. The bosses in the Elite version pose a more formidable challenge, but you still have to deal with the uninteresting hallway crawl.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

3x in a row jailed! Raid looks great! But 1 million adds and a climb outta this world to mt olympus....blah
    • Like x 1
  9. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

As far I know, she plays US Server.
    • Like x 2
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

raid was beautiful, but the gameplay was boring.
    • Like x 3
  11. Caroline Dedicated Player

I'm from Europe but play on US server.
    • Like x 1
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Out of curiosity, how many different reused/reworked map segments did everyone find in there?

Khandaq (or Isis), Desecrated Cathedral, Olympus (That final staircase you go up? Think about the stairs behind Zeus as you fight him in Olympus), New Genesis

I do, however, agree with the kudos.... this raid is actually quite good and I'm having fun with it. :)
  13. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I cringed at it, particularly the long hallways of filler mobs that felt like they were just trying to fill space.
  14. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Oh yeah, the environment is nice looking- but I hardly play the game to look at the pretty pictures. I can appreciate the amount of work they put in all the same but can't help but feel maybe they should've spent more time on the actual gameplay portion and less on the scenery.
    • Like x 1
  15. Chia Death Well-Known Player

For the record this was in it's own thread originally- I wouldn't post asking people their thoughts in a thread that starts out with people going gaga over it. The post was condensed and now I'm unable to edit my original post to reflect such.
  16. Irvynnge Loyal Player

ah, cool. we had someone called Caroline ( or Carolina ) in our raid. so, 2 & 2 equals 15.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

People play the game for different reasons and find different things important. Artists working on an environment don't have any impact on what designers do.
    • Like x 6
  18. Controller Devoted Player

You know it's a beautiful layout when you just want to look around.

Well Done, indeed.:)
    • Like x 3
  19. Raven Roth Committed Player

I agree, though I wished we had mini bosses like:

Black Adam or Isis in Egypt
    Lightray in New Genesis
    Spectre in Heaven
    Trigon in Hell
    Mantis in Apokolips
    Hades in The Underworld
    • Like x 5
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Visually yes I like the design of the raid, so many areas I like (I think my favourite area would probably be the Heaven part where you walk along the edge).

A lot of base items I would love to see out of this raid, again especially from the Heaven area as that was an especially new and nice looking area.

I also like the beginning area with the pyramids in the background, not often we get real world landmarks in instances here in DCUO! Would love a window base item like the one from the collection but with this instead.