Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Meg would it at all be possible into looking into adding a facial hear tab? I like a lot of the new hairstyles but also wish we could have beards or goatees or moustaches with them and just having those all baby faced and allow for more customization
    • Like x 2
  2. BatmanNj New Player

We need Batman and Superman New 52 comics emblems of jim lee in comics if it’s possible
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The existing Batman Rebirth Emblem colored all black is close enough to the New 52 Emblem that there's very little difference. That one's at least easy.

But the New 52 Superman Emblem is noticeably different from the versions we have in the game. But since the New 52 has been over and done with for almost 4 years, I'm personally not expecting to see any more New 52 styles added to the game at this point. I expect everything to be based on the Rebirth/Current Era instead.
    • Like x 1
  4. BatmanNj New Player

No the emblem is not similar to Rebirth it’s very different.
  5. Megzilla Developer

We've had some chats about it but no clear solutions yet. Unfortunately it's not a quick or easy fix. But its something we would like to solve for sure.
    • Like x 3
  6. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

That it's being discussed is good enough for me. Even if it isn't possible just knowing will give me closure on what to realistically expect without getting too close to the sun.
    • Like x 1
  7. Stardazer Committed Player

While you're here Meg, has there been any talks about updating the other skins such as tattoo, barbarian, and the various animal skins? I love the skin shader and texture of the three skins released a while back, but would LOVE the tattoos again.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That depends on whose artistic interpretation you're going with. Look at Batman from either New 52 or Rebirth. Look at 5 different images, drawn by 5 different artists, and you'll see 5 "different" shapes for the same Bat Emblem. And the Devs have stated quite clearly on multiple occasions that they and DC won't do it if it's too similar to what's already in the game. They consider it repeating themselves for no good reason. Here's the official New 52 Batsuit in-game, available as a Legends Avatar:

[IMG]

And here's the Rebirth Emblem, fully blacked out, on the Stalwart Defender chest, so it's as large as it can be:

[IMG]

I can already tell you that the Devs and DC are going to say that it's similar enough, and to use what we already have.

Bottom line, DC Universe Online's usage of the Superman and Batman Emblems is very strictly controlled by DC Comics. So the Devs have to jump through major hoops anytime they want to have a new Batman or Superman Emblem put into the game. They had to jump through even more hoops just to get the right to give players ANY Emblems for the Big 3 (Supes, Bats, and Wonder Woman) AT ALL!

When it was finally decided, and approved by DC Comics, to give the players a Bat Emblem in the Time Capsules, the Rebirth Era had started in the comics, and the Devs wanted to stay current to the comics. So, we got the Rebirth Emblem, not the New 52 one. But the Rebirth Emblem is just a slight reworking of the New 52 one, with that decorative "piping" around the outside edge that can be a contrasting color, if so desired:

[IMG]

But again, look at how different artists draw or sculpt that emblem, and you'll see different artistic interpretations:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

3 different artists, 3 slightly different takes on the same emblem. Just because you prefer Artist A's interpretation, that doesn't mean the Devs are going to go with that one. They may base their version on the work of Artist B, or Artist C, or even Artist F, who only drew one issue. And that's their prerogative.

The Rebirth Emblem is all we got from that suit, we don't have that unique new utility belt to go with it, so everything in this game involves compromises when making your favorite characters. We don't have his New 52 utility belt, either. And the differences in the belts are more noticeable to me, and a lot of other players, than small differences in the shape of the Bat Emblem, especially because both the New 52 and Rebirth Bat Utility Belts are so unique, and so very different from anything we currently have in the game. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. IonHero Committed Player

Just to complicate things, I don't suppose with facial hair, you could include facial art in that category? never know when you would want a Giant Star emanating from your eye across your face, or maybe just a Skull painted on. (and maybe just maybe we could get that shaded upper face ala Classic Raven)
    • Like x 1
  10. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Crowbar weapon style like the Joker uses in game would be an outstanding addition.
    • Like x 3
  11. Megzilla Developer

I personally would like to see updated animal skins cuz our current ones are terrifying, but they haven't been discussed at any significant length yet. I think tattoos would be the next skin looked into.

I think art would just be included in our face item slot; but I can see how it would be ideal to have it separated from face accessories. That is one reason why we aren't super keen on having facial hair as a face item slot for example, cuz then you couldn't wear your glowing eyes or something. Your suggestion is noted though, thank you.
    • Like x 2
  12. Brandon-richard Active Player

Would it be possible to get a pirate jacket for the summer event. Also it my first time posting images so it dont know if I did it right.[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

Hey Meg would it be possible to move scarcrows sack mask to the face tab? Just wondering bc I would love to be able to wear his hat with the mask.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Please, just give us updated animal skin, or moving tails... or both in one. :(

I was hoping for it in this year spring seasonal, but it could be delivered at any random date, like how the human skins were.
    • Like x 2
  15. niMOo New Player

Hi Meg would be possible to have more hat and beanie styles?
  16. BlackJak New Player

how about 1 that's already in game but almost impossible to get since no one does PVP anymore, how about having the expert marksman style be available via lock boxes or Booster Gold in the Watchtower
    • Like x 1
  17. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

a cowl and emblem like this one
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I saw the Amazo skin request and thought of something on the cybernetic scale. What about a foot style that is a robot leg that is a single leg? Like how the Robotic arm is a glove on the left hand and a robot arm on the right? Except making it look like a robotic leg on one side and a boot of some kind on the other. The Reactive Robot legs awesome, but a big part of me likes the idea of just making it 50/50 human/robot.
    Of course as I type I find myself thinking about how I want it so I can be a little closer to a Tharok-like style...but I wonder if we could make the single robot leg like knee-high? Rather than the whole leg? Even though that goes against the whole half-human/half-robot right down the middle.
    • Like x 1
  19. High Troller Loyal Player

any chance for a return of large female wings? so long that they almost touch the ground when movement is deactivated?

[IMG]
  20. Krull1999 New Player

Any chance you can make it so that long hair shows from the bottom of helmets. Like the npc in metal part 2
    • Like x 1