How did we get this lag fest?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stanktonia, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

The game is virtually unplayable at this point. Too much lag and it's not from my end. Ps4 running perfectly with other games so done til this is fixed.
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That is unfortunately a very real possibility. At which point I could only advise you to make a decision on continuing to subscribe. If you're a member. If you're f2p, you have nothing to hold over their head so to speak. We only get to converse with mepps and batuba here. 2 people. Not owners, I'm guessing they have a boss above them like most people in the world. If the boss of bosses says launch now, they launch now and do what they can to keep things rolling. Again, it sucks and it is making the game hard to play. I'm still enjoying it tho and it the lag in alert is liveable for now and the raids seem flawless 50% of the time so like I said, back out if the 1st set of adds seem laggy and try again. I do wish they would just talk to us about what is happening but again, it is entirely possible that they don't really know and it's an offsite issue. Telling people they suck isn't helping tho lol. I'd prefer devs don't despise their playerbase but reading some of these posts, I'd hate a ton of them and wouldn't want to fix anything.
  3. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Lag has been getting worse and the population has declined. Whether that's because the DLC has been out a few days or because people are tired of the lag. Doesnt matter. This game is unplayable atm
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Also, for the alert: if superman doesn't come into the amazo fight with you, strip armor and wipe before his green shield. Supes will be in there for round 2. Again, annoying but aside from lag during the fights, it's completely do able
  5. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

actually I think they fixed this glitch...last couple times supes was where he needed to be...
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Initially the lag only occurred during the bop content, now it’s transpiring through the entire game
    • Like x 1
  7. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Just what we need. A Jr Khalon
  8. Dorn Cresh Active Player

I can't connect too, on PC. At first the launcher wouldn't start properly. Then I could get into the character selection screen but when I choose a character I'm stuck on the next loading screen endlessly.

All this started for me only after the daily reset today.

*edit* Even these forums took ages to load after the reset. They seem fine now.
  9. Magnificent Loyal Player

Here's some data...

Launching (through Steam) took 7-8 seconds for the UI to load (note: this was not all the way through to access to the Play button, just to load the UI and begin the file-checking).

23 seconds from hitting Play til I got to Character Select (this was holding down my mouse button to go through the logos, the stopping point was the final "CONNECTING" screen).

Character loaded into the world in 15-16 seconds (BoPs sandbox). All merchants had cogs loaded (the last time it took about a minute for the cogs to load after my character was fully rendered in the world).

Looks like a load balance issue or maybe something upstream from you? If you need some tracers, just IM me the info.
  10. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

You should get your servers from Lexcorp. Lag isn't slowing the adds down.
    • Like x 3
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

The current server-lag is crazy, it's unacceptable. Trying to play through the Elite-raids right now is almost impossible.

To have an Episode go live under these conditions is just mind boggling to me. Maintain your game, please.
    • Like x 1
  12. Noble One Committed Player

how many people is this server lag hitting. trust me when i say im not in the mind set of "well its not happening to me so its not happening" but i just to know are there people like myself that arent being effected by this lag? which is an odd thing since server lag hits... you know everyone lol.
  13. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

I actually rage quit due to lagg today along with some others due to raids being unplayable. I think i will play another game until it is fixed.I really love this DLC and sometimes my love for it can see past the lagg sometimes but it got to a point today where everything was just so bad. So idk i think ill do my dailes and then play another game.
    • Like x 1
  14. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

more hardware is not working lol...issue is still persisting.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No clue what that means but I also don't care. Anyway, heard from a leaugemate that it was really terrible earlier today. I logged on around 3:30pm ET and aside from the lag spot on the stairs of the alert, had basically 0 issues. A bit during metal pt1 arc fight. Open world stuff and old dlc all seemed fine. Saw in the thread that the devs are in and responding that they tried something again. Hopefully it helped everyone else out.
  16. Noble One Committed Player

is this lag more of a console thing or pc thing? also where are most people (country wise) located that they are getting lag? im not saying its not happening but just on my end i dont have any type of server lag or internet lag either.
  17. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I ran both JLD raids reg and it was a nightmare I was so glad it was over. I ran the bop alert and didn't finish everyone got upset so we all called it quits. As of right now I am done running anything today .
  18. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I tend to run Raids with my League but what about players who don't have active Leagues and have to PUG with other Randoms? Asking players to que in and out of instances because of either lag or bugs is a lot to demand of players. Most would probably log out to do something else instead.
    • Like x 2
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

PC players seem to have log in issues but for myself and my Leaguemates on PS that doesn't seem an issue but the occasional disconnect when warping or during instances. However in certain parts of the new Alerts or Raids huge lag found on PlayStation where the screen will either freeze or the NPCs and ADDs will just stand around indicating some sort of server out of sync. Various people complain about it in shout chat and in social media so I'm assuming it's pretty widespread. Daybreak has acknowledged the problem and trying to add more servers but some forum members are insinuating it's the complaining players PCs, PlayStations or WiFi at fault? Lol
  20. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I got stuck for five minutes trying to watch the news video of the tower explosion of all things! Couldn’t get out of it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.