Time capsules suck now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OG ELITE, Nov 29, 2019.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Set expectations high with not one shred of evidence to back up those expectations, disappointment will ensue. The kind of graphical upgrade people want/unrealistically expect with this game would require building it from the ground up. That's basically for all intents and purposes, making a new game...that was never in the cards before, isn't now either. Mepps already stated that smaller scale improvements here and there. So unless they're holding back a miracle ace in the hole, this is all we can expect.
    • Like x 3
  2. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

The latest Time Capsule? Meh.... Personally, I get more hyped when I open a good old fashioned Promethium Lock-box. I'm still waiting on that Gotham Knights back piece (otherwise only available from the Tier 4 PVP vendor) which I know can be found in one. Yesterday I was given the Gotham Knights chest piece... so close yet so far away.
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

That's the thing when we got rid of the PlayStation 3 all the excuses pretty much faded away. Definitely does look upgraded with the new models. We didn't really get much outside of paid small editions. no emotes, no new weapons, no powers announced.. what am I to be excited about for DC universe on the PS5?
    • Like x 1
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

JUST now?!?!....NEVER before...?!?!
  5. Samantha Christiano Active Player

I mostly save Stabalizers for Kryptonian Capsules for the seal drops.
    It be nice if devs adds seal drops back to New capsules.
    • Like x 1
  6. Luke® Level 30

So it is a thread to complain about how much you spent basically ^^.
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nothing....since nothing was ever announced beyond Backwards compatibility which means you can play PS5 games as well as DCUO whenever. :)
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

I haven't read the replies in this thread but TCs have always sucked, still suck now and will continue to suck. They are an awful and predatory practice and one I fell for by spending hundreds on them when I was still playing.
    • Like x 2
  9. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

The PS5 isn't coming out for another year. Currently there may be no plans, but there's been no plans in the past for certain things, and that has changed. Just because they didn't announce anything for a system that doesn't have a release date yet, doesn't mean that nothing new will come. I'm sure with the PS5 will come a lot of opportunities for updates that will improve the quality of life in the game, and possibly revenue. We shall see.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I'm sure we will find out what there will be to excited about when the PS5 is released about a year from now, and the Devs let us know.
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well see, there's a HUGE difference between new things/quality of life improvements and a graphic overhaul that would give this game a 2019 look (as opposed to its 2008-2009 look). Outside of updated NPCs and player skins, better textures and effects, we will not see a DCUO 2.0 of sorts. What people want for this game is to resemble the opening cinematic this game has, which a lot of today's game can now do. That's not in the cards for this game...so people need to set their expectations a little closer to this side of the moon.
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

I'm very skeptical because what happened with PS4..Told us PS3 was holding us back...well now it's gone...what changed?
  13. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

So far we’ve gotten new player skins with ethnic differences, NPCs are currently having their look updated and upgraded, new types of materials, accessories, new and better materials, better costume detail, battle activated emblems..lots of stuff that plenty of people enjoy, and they’re coming up with new stuff all the time.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

15. the solowing Steadfast Player

all I'm saying is take it with a degree of skepticism because I expected the same thing for PlayStation 4 and that never really materialized.. I hope they fix up a few things for the Xbox one, never happened. Hope they take a look at it when the Nintendo.. switch version came out, never happened. Someone needs to take DC universe away from daybreak never thought I'd miss soe so much more