Dev Discussion Episode 35: Batcave Breach: 4-Player Alert

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I was able to get the feat. It was super duper hard to do, and you need CRAZY damage on the turrets.

When the robots show up, hopefully your Tank has a shield as his or her weapon, and just constantly lunge. Do nothing else that entire time. The two Damage players burn the turret, and the healer also burns the turret. I'm a Celestial Healer, so many of my heals also do damage while I'm healing... so I was adding a little bit to the turret take-downs as well.

But I think that as everyone's CR goes up and their damage is stronger, this feat will be easier to get.

The only issue I have with it, is after you destroy the turrets, sometimes there's still an invisible no-health Construct Turret that keeps your targeting thingy on it if you don't change your target.
    • Like x 4
  2. Zeph El New Player

Yes, that happened to me as well. Event versions should always have a portal to return to a boss fight.
    • Like x 1
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

the feat on last boss Sinestro behaves very strange, sometimes the turret spwans and in less than 1 second u can read the empowering message of sinestro and the feat is gone ... maybe i am missing something or its the lag.
  4. Millbarge Developer

The following changes have been checked in internally and will make their way out to the Live Servers soon™.
    • Event Mode: Fixed an issue where players could not return to the boss fight until it reset.
    • Sinestro's Robot Construct now hits for slightly less damage.
    • Hal Jordan and John Stewart should now be more likely to help fight Sinestro.
    • Fixed an issue where it was possible to defeat a construct turret too fast and cause it to respawn.
    -Millbarge
    • Like x 6
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

One more thing. I wasn’t going to mention it because I hate to keep being THAT guy, but it’s seriously starting to annoy me. Sinestro’s Light Blast, rapid fire 35k ticks (55k without tankless buff, crikey!) and no skull. Does that not seem a little bit harsh? Oh and best part is, the first tick stuns you and you’re already dead before you can break out and lunge. Unless it’s some kind of additional punishment for allowing his robot to win rounds, I’d appreciate it if you would make some tweaks.
    • Like x 4
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Bug report: If someone is out of range for the pre-Bane fight cutscene when it happens, they can run in and start the fight before the cutscene finishes, leaving everyone else as sitting ducks.

Also, A.R.C’s riot foam is just weird. Not only is it considerably more powerful than the other abilities (3 x 25k, WITH tankless buff, without it, well RIP) but the hit-boxes are totally bizarre and don’t match the animation at all. The Arctic Gust animation always has some hitbox dissonance but this one seems to go the extra mile.
    • Like x 1
  7. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

if the incinerator drone gets killed and the arc unit gets incinerate, he can wipe the group in one shot. people get pinned in place by mobs and pets, and then they're roasted....blocking does nothing at all. if you're going to give a boss what amounts to a group one shot ability, you have to give us a way to avoid it that can't be messed up by a pet blocking your path......
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Are you doing event mode? That attack has been fairly standard fare in my endgame version runs, but someone else mentioned it being OP in event mode.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Urgh. This alert is such a mess, considering how “eco-friendly” it is, quite aside from all the stuff that’s already been pointed out, there’s more:

It’s possible to just run past Nightwing without interacting with him. This leads to Damien talking to himself until cutscenes, where an invisible Nightwing will helpfully step in until the cutscene finishes.

Make it so we HAVE to talk to Nightwing to open the corridor to Robin, and then make it so we have to defeat all the adds in his run to talk to him. Skippable hallway adds are a waste of everybody’s time, quite frankly.

Consider removing everything relating to the Shield Armour enemy from the alert. It’s a unnecessary, frustrating mechanic in an alert, especially with a rather tight speed feat on that section.

The fear Constructors are only hitting for 7-20 with their special attacks. Did you forget to scale them when you just lifted them from Metropolis City Hall?

Sinestro: Light Blast. LIGHT BLAST. LIGHT BLAST! Fun fact, this is the third alert in a row to go live with an utterly broken one shot on the last boss.

Turrets often remain targetable after being destroyed. It’s still nigh impossible to get the green robot construct to win a round. IF this is meant to be a difficult feat, fine but please allow us to reduce damage from the yellow bot’s victory attack with blocking or shielding if so.

I’m sorry I’m getting a little huffy, but we’ve gone a week without hearing from you now Milbarge, and this instance is not functioning well at all. :(
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

But how does one do speed feat if we can't skip? The feat already is hard. Dont make it harder
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve already suggested that the Shield Armour is completely removed from the alert. Perhaps cutting down hard on the number of adds in the Nightwing room could also help. There’s a rather disproportionate amount of them in there anyway compared to other rooms, so that might be an idea regardless of anything else.
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

the shield should be able to be negated by a controller defence debuff, one could make the controller role somewhat desirable since it would speed up the first boss fight.
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

Green lanterns giving immunity to Sinestro can lead to failing the Last Boss feat.
    • Like x 1
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Milbarge, I apologise but I’m starting to lose my patience. This alert has numerous bugs which seriously require attention. Here’s another one, The ARC cannot be taunted while shielded, leaving it whaling on a helpless group member with no tankless buff.
    • Like x 1
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Here’s ANOTHER one, ARC likes to lunge into a corner, at which point he’ll “evade” and his health will reset. Why is nothing being done about any of this?
    • Like x 1
  16. AccOp Well-Known Player

[IMG]

He was stuck there. He would take some dmg then evade evade evade over his head. Take some dmg then evade. Repeat. We had to take gear off and wipe. The very next run it happened again. Bcuz that robot launches himself at ppl and bounced off someone and landed there. I mean what are the odds? But it happened 2 runs in a row.
  17. AccOp Well-Known Player

[IMG]

He was stuck there. He would take some dmg then evade evade evade over his head. Take some dmg then evade. Repeat. We had to take gear off and wipe. The very next run it happened again. Bcuz that robot launches himself at ppl and bounced off someone and landed there. I mean what are the odds? But it happened 2 runs in a row.[/quote]
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

When Bane is collapsing the ceiling, a single piece of rubble can hit you multiple times in rapid succession, killing you instantly. I also crashed using the group teleporter in Oa. This instance is an absolute disgrace in its current state. Why have there been no fixes other than adding a repair vendor to Oa in three weeks? This is not acceptable.
  19. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I ran this just moments ago and I noticed when he ran to a corner and broke the Healing Barrel it HEALED Bane
  20. DeityEvanescence New Player

Hello Millbarge
    We aren't Having Much issues with Our New content(#Love It)
    But we are Haveing issues with Mental Pve Dmg Output
    And Most of us dislike the Invisibility trait because its our only way to do nearly Okayish Dmg! Its troll side is okay for pve and its pvp side can work on spreading out it's dmg output!
    It's so Bad to use But I Love it So Much, (phantom Flames and Mass Levitation my Favs) but right now its only good for Minor pvp duels amd surprised no ones said anything which is bad because people get kicj because of Dmg output... Unless they are controller role...you Guys are awsome and I Been with You guys for Years! And love to play this when im 70 years old
    Work on our Beautiful, Technically Best power ,Deity like Mental power. make our Dps Pve Fixed...Maybe Do away with Invisibility for warp or something dramatic and god like..
    #keep it up though and fix our Mental :(