Precision DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bombero, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Bombero New Player

So does anyone have any loadouts
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Precision DPS is one of the most cookie cutter loadouts in this games history since WM was released.

99% of your loadouts will be

DOT-Weapon Buff-DMG Power-Shield-Phase Dodge if SS-Supercharge

Clip DOT with weapon buff if extra time hit dmg power with shield and clip with phase dodge to save 0.5 seconds and have neo venom for supercharge

there you go 99% of every single precision loadout on dcuo
    • Like x 3
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

Now show pftt? Oversimplify it like you did precision.
    To the OP, prec is a lot harder to pull off than pftt. Especially melee. Want to easy mode dps, go pftt. Want to stay busy and be aware of environmental, go prec. Especially melee
    • Like x 2
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

There is no "prec" dps there is only Dual Wield dpsing. Any prec can get back to me when they don't use DW. At least real PFTT dps try and make their powerset work for single target instead of just copping out and going might for aoe and "dual wield" for single target.
    • Like x 1
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

How's precision melee harder and more difficult than PftT? The real melee abilities and combos have 4m range and are equally "dangerous". Just because adds or a boss can block, it does not mean it's hard. It means that it is more rewarding to actually counter them since the damage a precision dps does with a counter isn't bad at all.
    I even counter as PftT because it just makes sense....
    • Like x 1
  6. IceStylez New Player

When and where did they actually say that?
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't feel like hunting for an old thread. It was in regards to another power balance pass, Mepps said there were no further plans to readjust powers, devs were satisfied with where everything was, and that weapons were on their radar.
    • Like x 2
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

Is DW prec? Why wouldn't a player max their dps potential? This post don't make sense
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

If pftt could get countered performing melee combos, rage would drop in dps. It's not equally rewarding. You invented an argument and argued that point. I said easy mode, because pftt dps don't have to look for counters. Just mash buttons
    • Like x 2
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Precision relies completely upon a broken weapon to be viable. When the weapons get a pass it will shake precision dps down to its very foundation because not a single precision dps in the game is used to running without a dual wield and bow for melee.
    • Like x 2
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

So you hope bow and DW get nerfed instead of other weapons buffed? You want everyone to spam powers?
    • Like x 2
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Oh when they are doing the weapon pass i'll do everything in my power to make sure DW and Bow get nerfed into the ground. It's prob like 0.1% of all prec players that have even tested other weapons or even know what kind of damage they are doing. They just know they have to get a bow and a dw. When is the last time a prec dps got a two-handed and tried arrow storm in rotations? They aren't going to buy other weapons and try them even to see if anything is better they just stick with bow and dw.

That's some of the worse "balance" this game has ever seen. It was the same thing during T5 where every player used One-Handed Focus Blast spam and look what happened to that it got nerfed to the ground.
    • Like x 2
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

So you will do everything in your power to get Bow and DW nerfed, but nothing to balance the other weapons? You like pftt, so that's the only way you think players should dps?
    • Like x 3
  14. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Well I think they should lower the dmg for bow>smokebomb and dual wild>flurry and then increase the bonus precision to somewhere between 12 5% and 17.5% just to make it more versatile
  15. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Did Penryn tell you about that? I asked him about that on Saturday.
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

two-handed arrow storm has always been a good ranged WM because its faster than DW explosive shot it just didn't have the same damage as it does in the past.
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Not my job to balance weapons, im not a precision dps, if precision dps actually care they would do the testing themselves and work towards a weapons pass that benefits multiple weapons. I was against WM combos since their induction and during stats revamp when the WM combos were much weaker than the regular combos but DCUO devs had to save all the hard work they put into WM design and at the last moment buffed the WM combos through the roof compared to the regular weapon combos which gave little time before stats revamp was rushed out to actually find balance.

It's my job to draw attention and advocate when there is something that is completely out of balance with the game and make sure "something" happens to it, not just limited to dw/bow but eye of the gemini, manacles, battle drone changes, shield meta, circuit breaker/berserk in the past etc.
    • Like x 1
  18. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Oh ok that's not what I was thinking about then. Anyways I stand by my decision that just nerfing those two abilities damage and increasing the precision bonus by 2.5-7.5% would not only make precision more viable but also allow more versatile playstyles to emerge. If you have a couple of phenomenal controllers then precision can be borderline broken for some power sets though and people seem to be under the impression that precision is weaker than might
    • Like x 1
  19. Savynaa Well-Known Player

They promised we can play like we want with stats revamp and that was a big deception i wanted to play hybrid (i still hope one day) like when i started in T4. So i tested every weapon to found one can work ... nothing.

In my opinion dev need to rework all weapons combo, the combo weapon are old and most of them don't fit for end game. For exemple what the point with shield to do 4 hold tap when the game need you to move, block and react quickly.
    • Like x 1
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

So it's your job to have sonething nerfed you don't like? EoG is out of balance, but Soul cloak is ok? Bow is out of balance, but rage melee using berserk, nature dps, and electric full range can out dps it. None of what you said is completely out of balance except for maybe DW st, none of them just fit your playstyle it seems, so you won't them nerfed
    • Like x 4