Precision DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bombero, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Bombero New Player

What is the best Precision powers and please post loadout and artifacts used. I’m creating a precision toon.
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Uhhhh...Weapon buff? That’s about it for powers. Your skill points, gear, augments and artifacts do most of the work.

For artifacts, you are going to want three of the four I will state here.

(Venom Wrist Dispenser)

(The Demon’s Fang)

(Legionnaire’s Sparring AI)

or

(Cog of Mageddon)

I personally would not use The Demon’s Fang if your restoration is really low. Hope that helps.
  3. Brit Loyal Player

Basically, for a Weapon's Expert, you want to use the powers that have quick casts for long-term DOTs, you use your weapon buff, you use Neo Venom Boost as a supercharge, and you either do Dual-Wield-Flurry-Shot or Bow-Smoke-Bomb as a combo repeatedly.

The single greatest longterm DOT you're going to get is a pet. They tend to summon fast, last longer, and even switch targets if their initial target dies, something that most DOTs do not do. So powersets with pets tend to perform slightly better as Weapon Experts. This would include Earth and Sorcery, or anyone taking the iconic Robot Sidekick.

Because so much of the Weapon Expert DPS comes from Weapon Combos (and any powerset can choose any weapon), as well as the weapon boost, which every powerset has, most powersets will perform similarly in a precision build.

The build is simply

1) Weapon Boost
    2) Pet summon
    3) maybe fast casting DOT (this is something that might help initially, but ultimately you will reach a point where the cast-time of most powers causes a net loss in DPS compared to just doing weapon combos).
    4) Neo Venom Boost supercharge
    5) perhaps shield or self-heal as an Oh-Crud button (as Precision DPS, you will almost always have high power, as well as not have much in your rotation, so you can include some of those self-saving powers just in case)

The biggest thing is choice of weapon and combos. There are two that parse far higher than the rest. Doing the Weapon Mastery for Bow-Smoke Bomb, or Dual Wield-Flurry Shot.

And that is it.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

12 seconds dots are always a must in prec dps. This is because you clip that ability with your weapon buff.

I General the best power will be non combo Powers. Powers that are combo focused tend to have their best damage on their last hit of a combo. And the combo input commands can also cause an issue.

Also take into account that healer and troll powers do have an advantage in that if they have an strong ability that has a longer animation, they always have the option to clip that ability with their priority heal or their power dump. For example, a prec quantum has time bomb which is great but has a long animation. Because of that you shouldn’t use it to often unless you clip it with your power dump ability.

Think of what role you want to play for support and go from their.

For artifacts I personally use venom wrist, eye of genini, and Mageddon/sparring AI/demon fang.
  5. Bombero New Player

Thanks for the input. What do you guys think about Precision Earth?
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Precision earth works just fine.

Debris field clipped with reinforce. While cristal is up. And fortify as needed between combos. Use a sc that you like I I prefer the 2500 cost SCs if you have eye if Gemini or use neo venom boost.

For your last slot you can either use a shield or you can use unstoppable for when you melee. You just clip either debris and reinforce with it or you can clip your weapon combo with it.
  7. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Just a word of caution. Mepps stated that certain "over performing" precision abilities would be looked at soon. Read Nerf.
    • Like x 2
  8. appocolyps Committed Player

This is not true, the best prec power is rage, hands down!
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's not what was said. They said weapons were on their "radar".
    • Like x 1
  10. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

You just picked one of the worst prec dps:D Nature, Fire and Electric are top tier. However, rage has that 50% crit friendship sc. That's pretty cool:D
  11. Bombero New Player

What loadout would you use with Nature or Rage?
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

Rage is best prec dps. Even without sc
  13. Bombero New Player

What would you use for loadout
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea this is news to me. If anything i thought mental and gad would be the best due to their great mixing of dots burst and the occasional stealth.
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

As far as weapons besides bow and duel wield, op, I would try a few others as well.

Disclaimer: these weapons aren't "good enough" for the raid elitists, but are really fun to use in my subjective experience:

One handed WM. You can melee quickly just like smokebomb with the 1h DW combos and quickly roll back to the focused blast to solar flare combo for ranging.

Brawlings regular combos actually hit pretty decently. This is for melee only like in alerts or steamrolling older raids. You will obviously be clipping the combos with powers.

Handblaster WM for melee and range is versatile. The ranged combo is a nice aoe and the melee haymaker is fun to use and the regular combos are great for clipping

Dont forget martial arts to handblaster too. The uppercut is the best single target melee combo
  16. BenDover New Player

How much difference do power choices make? Say if I want to do sorcery, would I be trailing behind rage too much?
  17. appocolyps Committed Player

If u think Rage is the worst prec dps you are very out of touch with what is good I'm afraid sir!!!
  18. Quantum Rising Committed Player

True. The actual wording "A weapon balance pass is on our radar, but no details exist about what that would look like or when it would occur."

But considering how Bow-SB and DW-Flurry are performing I wouldn't put it past the nerf bat. But that's just me.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If they were to nerf those 2 combos, precision DPS would be right back where it started. It would make more sense to bring the other combos up to par with Bow and DW.

Edit: And thank you for finding the exact quote.
    • Like x 1
  20. granddaughterlover Active Player

I don't know, I like quantum prec, just because I can travel away from harm's way, if something.