Spambots on Trade Chat...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ryazan, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Ignoring these bots is just sticking you head in the sand.

The devs need to take a more active role in removing these bots.

Take for example.
    Most companies like this have interns that need stuff to do. This would be a good tool to see how good of a worker these interns really are. I know when I hire new people and they do not mind doing the tedious jobs that take attention to detail to get the job done. I know that I can hand them bigger jobs and they will get the job done without many mistakes.
  2. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Oh no man.. I don't need any of that!.. just put the char I blocked on the list and job done. No need to tell me who else (other char names) is ignored. And as far as the situation goes.. it's far better to protect the person with the original gripe than to wait it out and hope they forgive them. I know you weren't saying that LastSon.. but I need to know if I'm coming in game, that I am not dealing with duplicitous people.

@ DB Devs

I was chatting with a few of friends a couple of months ago.. and I suggested the idea 'What if the gold spammers are also the beggars?.. what if they make an alt come to WT/HoD and beg for auras, first free aura they get, they use then after that they just switch in the style menu. After that its a trip to the broker to sell the stuff they got.'

You get people hanging around broker.. honestly it's like dogs at mcdonalds bins around closing time. They pm you 'free mats?' 'free aura?' 'buy me a aura?' .. how do I know that their main isn't minted with like a billion in the bank o_O and they are just tight fisted? Or as above they are gold spammers getting some free cash.

Personally I would rather be account-wide ignored by someone and risk them bumping into my chars and finding out that way (tbh all my chars are the same.. SigmaAtom.. same uniform since 2011). If it only tells you the one you blocked then the danger is minimal.
    • Like x 1
  3. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Yesterday, I logged in during the afternoon and put the usual 3 or 4 spammers on ignore, then logged back in later at night and had to add an additional 12 gold spammers to my ignore list.

For me it's pretty much automatic now, as soon as I see any random names (asfhgh, sdfhg123, fefegegf, etc) I just add them to ignore without much thinking, but it's still an annoying step I shouldn't be taking every time I log on.

They need to hire chat moderators or add a better reporting system, like FFXIV where there's a specific RMT (real money trader) flag for reporting, that one is then looked at by CS, and if you false acuse a player of being a gold seller, you get the ban.
    • Like x 1
  4. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

Something taking time does not make it difficult.
    • Like x 1
  5. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

But in business, it makes it less likely unless it’s attached to more revenue. If players are quitting over the spambots and that’s trackable data, now you have cause for implementation. In case you haven’t noticed, the people that pay the devs are clearly more driven by P/L than user experience. Not saying you’re wrong, though.
  6. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

They actually have these people on staff, now if they’d simply cycle them each onto a chat moderator shift x times per week we’d be golden.
  7. Haptyc Active Player

I don't care how much time, money, effort, skill, magic or any resource it takes to get rid of these bots.

By not actively and publicly making an effort to stop them, they are sending a very loud message to gold spammers...

ALL GOLD SPAMMERS ARE WELCOME!!!
    • Like x 2
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Gold sellers are the antichrist

And I’m not even Christian.
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Lets see how many I can get deleted today. xD
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Playing on USPS at around 21:00. This happens after having ignored about 5 bots in the morning of the same day.

[IMG]

This is so stupid...
  11. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

You misunderstood me. I wasn’t referring to voice chat. You can make custom text chats that include or exclude lfg, trade, shout, etc. I have a tab for leage/group, tells, LFG/Trade, and 1 chat with all of them combined.
  12. Hawk Active Player

Honestly, I'm not going to read this whole thread, but give us an option to filter and block certain words in chat. Like www.egpal.com and all the other websites. How hard is that?
  13. High Troller Loyal Player

can you please count how much the max is?
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The bots will adapt and space out letters and/or use punctuation to bypass the filter
    • Like x 1
  15. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

And there you are, you bad, bad, boy. We were playing the game and searching for you.
    • Like x 1
  16. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I already cleared my full ignore list. Only characters on there belong to my league leader and one jerk I keep running into over the years. I can tell you that it took me about 10-15 minutes to clear all the gold spammers off my list.
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Fatal hit the nail on the head.... Go to Metropolis and you can see just how easy it is for that lovely group of "let's see just how gross and disgusting we can be" hang out every night. T H E Y C A N T Y P E J U S T A B O U T A N Y T H I N G and get away with it because the filter assumes it is not a word. Now in shout and say there is no limit on length of message but it could force the spammers to adjust their messages on things like the LFG with a set limit on length... still all they need to do it S P A C E out the word the filter is looking for and everything else can stay the same.
    • Like x 1
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

No I knew what you were referring to was a private group chat any player can create and then simply invite players to join it. The problem, as I explained, is the thread is about gold spammer on trade. that private TEXT chat you have is fine when all you want to do is talk with the players in that group but it's useless if a player wants to sell/trade something.
    • Like x 1
  19. AllanPage Committed Player

I still think we need a word filter in the chat with wildcard characters. Just so we can filter out chat with specific words in it.
  20. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Like I said, you misunderstood me. You’re confusing what Im saying with private chats. By custom, I mean you can customize the default text chat. You can turn off trade while having lfg show up, or whatever you decide. I have multiple text tabs, for example:

Tab 1: default chat with shout, say, lfg, trade, everything
    Tab 2: only shows text from group and league members and tells
    Tab 3: only shows text from tells.
    Tab 4: only shows text from damage dealed (When I practice rotations).

If my group is typing and I cant see them because of spammers, I click on tab 2. If Im trying to remember who wants to join this raid Ive been shouting for, I click tab 3 that only shows text from tells. That is what I meant.